Milviz F-100D is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Tanks Milviz, for the memories.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Made 2nd flight. No problems.

Did encounter an issue with my virus protection program. I run McAfee (yeah, I know) and it quarantined one file - Milviz_lightning_service.exe. Had to restore it and "exclude" it from future scans. Hopefully, its not altered in anyway but if so I'll do a reinstall.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; February 11th, 2016 at 17:49.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Absolutely LOVE the airplane. Two very minor "nits" I hope will be fixed with an update:

- Priority #1: The refueling probe does not appear to be "toggleable" from the configuration application (no probe = foreign variants...Danish, French, etc.) Was told this would be implemented.
    - Lower priority: No nuclear weapon loadout (MK-28 or Mk-43/57/61) for those of us wanting to simulate VICTOR ALERT in Europe.

Other than that, this is a FANTASTIC airplane, and it flies like a dream.

Kent

I'm really blown away by the F-100. This plane runs extremely well on my system, far better than the F-86 or F-4...with no stutters or FR issues whatsoever. Great job by the Milviz team!

It handles like a '50s American car - heavy and a bit sluggish at first, but cruises like the blazes once she's moving. Unlike the F-4, I don't need to re-read the manual before each flight to remember how to align the INS! It's just simple VOR/TACAN and ADF nav for the Super Sabre.
    -Mark

Yup.. keep it simple

Wondering where to fly to today, I remembered I had SDB's Upper Heyford installed so headed there. No glamorous 'in flight' shots.. the Super Sabre is pretty wherever she is. Sat for a while trying all the menu options while the airfield got on with it's daily business..

This old lady pushes me closer to getting Tacpack!!
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

Great model. No FPS issues, good handling and looks superb. Well done Milviz.
    Only issue I've come across so far is the LAU-32/A launcher will only display on the left-hand outer pylon and not the right-hand one. This is in P3dv3 (no TacPack). Anybody else seeing that?
    Waiting on my Milviz forum access to be updated then I'll report it over there, if it's not been done already.

instrument panel lights

..... someone please point me in the right direction !

Cheers

work in progress:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jankees, fantastic! Don't forget the inside of the intake gun radome. See Factory Fresh Texture #5 for placement and size. Looks fantastic!!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Great model. No FPS issues, good handling and looks superb. Well done Milviz.
    Only issue I've come across so far is the LAU-32/A launcher will only display on the left-hand outer pylon and not the right-hand one. This is in P3dv3 (no TacPack). Anybody else seeing that?
    Waiting on my Milviz forum access to be updated then I'll report it over there, if it's not been done already.
    I see that in FSX Dave.
    Atb
    DaveB

The Milviz F-100D is really a "Knockout!!" I am just amazed at the distance they went to to capture the details, sharp "Edges" and Quirks the F-100 was really known for. I was awestruck the first time I got the Compressor Stall. It was exactly what I had heard about from those who actually flew it. Get it slow coming down final...you can feel the invite to the deadly "Sabre-Dance." Adverse yaw is there...and I'm working on staying on top of it as I jink and practice in the pattern. Visually, she is outstanding!! The F-100 was the best looking fighter in the inventory till the F-104 showed up. Only thing I have noticed on all the release repaints is the Colorado Flag on the Right Side of the tail is Backwards. The "C" is always a "C" and doesn't face backwards.

I need to figure out how to get the Pilot out and the Ladder and chocks on. I have made 3 flights, and probably 10 landings... Very much a period North American Fighter. BRAVO to Milviz.... These guys really know how to build "FIGHTERS!!!" It was certainly worth the wait!!!!

Do that from the Add-ons drop down menu mate

ATB
    DaveB

hey there ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Right-hand side console.
    I've clicked and twisted every switch on the right hand console with no luck.If it makes a difference I've ticked the "thunderstorm lighting" before start up ??

Sure feel foolish asking .... the eye's are what they used to be.

Cheers for now

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    I've clicked and twisted every switch on the right hand console with no luck.If it makes a difference I've ticked the "thunderstorm lighting" before start up ??

Sure feel foolish asking .... the eye's are what they used to be.

Cheers for now
    Just a hunch. Look at the aircraft folder for a folder called "nightlighting." Do you see a file called Milviz_Lighting_Service.exe?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Just a hunch. Look at the aircraft folder for a folder called "nightlighting." Do you see a file called Milviz_Lighting_Service.exe?
    I click on the "nightlighting" folder then up pops a "texture" folder followed by 10 more folders but nothing called Milviz lighting service exe ??

hey there

.... oops .... yes there is such a folder, found it !

Is the file there?
    -- WH

yes sir, it is so

Hmmm.. then you should have lights. You didn't mention any external lights. Did you try those and what happened?
    -- WH

...no problem , have nav and landing lights .

Members who have read this thread: 1