Milviz F-100D is out - Page 19
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Remember them well (I spent 22 yrs. in Army Guard) (HOORAAH 26ID) Also had a nephew-in-law that flew RC-121's out of Otis for 20 years.

The Skyblazers Cometh...

Skyblazers WIP. Needs major alignment...but much easier than anticipated! Hopefully by next week. Not much time this week...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Gulp!! Another masterpiece Rick. Can't wait.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

Awesome! The 1961 scheme of the Skyblazers! Great work. This image shows what is probably too much wear. Those birds were CLEAN like the Thunderbirds! Great texture mapping on the scheme though.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Awesome! The 1961 scheme of the Skyblazers! Great work. This image shows what is probably too much wear. Those birds were CLEAN like the Thunderbirds! Great texture mapping on the scheme though.
    Thanks! Do you mean the engine area? i have not done the wings yet. However the Fuselage, and V-stab have 0% dirt or weathering applied. Nothing. So those are as clean as you can make them, without having to repaint the entire base texture from scratch. Also keep in mind this is not a C model. So the engine area may have different panel lines etc. I can create custom engine effects easily now, since creating a template within my PSD files. However I've seen varying engine heat scorching in photos.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Rick, for the record, there's no difference concerning the engine section between the C and D versions....same panel lines...

Cheers
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Rick, for the record, there's no difference concerning the engine section between the C and D versions....same panel lines...

Cheers
    Hank
    Thanks Hank. I wasn't entirely sure!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks! Do you mean the engine area? i have not done the wings yet. However the Fuselage, and V-stab have 0% dirt or weathering applied. Nothing. So those are as clean as you can make them, without having to repaint the entire base texture from scratch. Also keep in mind this is not a C model. So the engine area may have different panel lines etc. I can create custom engine effects easily now, since creating a template within my PSD files. However I've seen varying engine heat scorching in photos.
    Hi, no I mean the painted area on the front. One of those pics shows what looks like wear on the front end. The rest looks great. (the whole thing looks great. it may just be a weird angle in the screen shot.) One observation are you using AmarilloUSAF font on the numbers? Those look like Navy numbers...?

Hi, no I mean the painted area on the front. One of those pics shows what looks like wear on the front end. The rest looks great. (the whole thing looks great. it may just be a weird angle in the screen shot.) One observation are you using AmarilloUSAF font on the numbers? Those look like Navy numbers...?
    Goood eye! I had used Amarillo for the numbers but it was clearly not the same as the photos. However its all just a placehildet anyway Ill switch it back and see what you guys think of it. Yeah i did put the wear on the intake lip.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thx again, she's a real beauty!

Looking good!

But check the font, I don't think it was either Amarillo or the long beach navy font. You probably need to hand make the numbers. Specially check the "2"

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Looking good!

But check the font, I don't think it was either Amarillo or the long beach navy font. You probably need to hand make the numbers. Specially check the "2"
    thanks. yes, exactly. I was feeling the same thing. I have looked it over numerous times and thought it didn't resemble Either Amarillo or Navy. I'll get it right prior to release!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

There is a new Danish repaint by Jakob Arnholtz on Avsim and flightsim that is amazing.

I think GEORGIA ANG is finally done. Basically tired of fooling with! I got as close as I could get it.

Still have to do the paper work but it will be up by the weekend.

Duckie

Just uploaded....

Duckie

Very Nice Duckie... Wonderful attention to detail!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Just uploaded....

MY MAN!!! Awesome. How bout a right side pic? Im out of town for a wedding this weekend otherwise would be DLing asap!! Same bird I did for myself but now will overwrite with this. Did you notice that in the real bird, the camo scheme on the right side tail is different than the SEA Paint kit scheme? Hoping you caught that so I can replace my personal hack with your work here.

Once again I wish Milviz would give us a version with the F-102 afterburner.

Goood eye! I had used Amarillo for the numbers but it was clearly not the same as the photos. However its all just a placehildet anyway Ill switch it back and see what you guys think of it. Yeah i did put the wear on the intake lip.
    That numbers font is something not ordinary. Dont know what it is. but this decal sheet might make a good template to either match or create by hand in Photoshop?

That numbers font is something not ordinary. Dont know what it is. but this decal sheet might make a good template to either match or create by hand in Photoshop?
    Yeah, I sent him a PM about it a couple days ago. "US AIR FORCE" is different also.

Now for the hardest part (for me)....the slats....ugh.....I hated painting these for the Tbird Six....LOL....getting much closer to being done now...only a few other minor alignment issues...fix the fonts...and we're good to go! Oh-- and custom helmet....that's a surprise.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Once again I wish Milviz would give us a version with the F-102 afterburner.
    Would be nice to have the 335-gallon version of the wing tanks as well. They had a 60-gallon plug in front of the
    pylon that put the tank tip out ahead of the wing root leading edge. Very common in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yeah, I sent him a PM about it a couple days ago. "US AIR FORCE" is different also.
    Yes got your message! Will do my best to get it right
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1