Milviz F-100D is out - Page 22
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Thanks TuFun! That's definitely something I can and am willing to fix. Don't look too closely or youll spot all my mistakes and inconsistencies!! this was one of the most inconsistent paints I've ever looked at from a photographic perspective. At leadt from the photos I saw. As you said, they changed many times the paints and seems like there was never a standard paint other than the location of the nose stripes in relation to the wing. Other than that, I've seen red lettering, lettering size variations, location and size of patches, star pattern variations. Hopefully I didnt botch it up too badly! LOL. Great screens! Thanks DaveQ!

I will defintiely release a v3 of this paint when I have more time and will eliminate as many errors as possible. Right now I'm too busy in real life...I also noticed some overlap in the stars on the drop tanks....sigh...tried to do it quick to hold you guys over....but it will be fixed I do like this scheme personally.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Thanks TuFun! That's definitely something I can and am willing to fix. Don't look too closely or youll spot all my mistakes and inconsistencies!! this was one of the most inconsistent paints I've ever looked at from a photographic perspective. At leadt from the photos I saw. As you said, they changed many times the paints and seems like there was never a standard paint other than the location of the nose stripes in relation to the wing. Other than that, I've seen red lettering, lettering size variations, location and size of patches, star pattern variations. Hopefully I didnt botch it up too badly! LOL. Great screens! Thanks DaveQ!

I will defintiely release a v3 of this paint when I have more time and will eliminate as many errors as possible. Right now I'm too busy in real life...I also noticed some overlap in the stars on the drop tanks....sigh...tried to do it quick to hold you guys over....but it will be fixed I do like this scheme personally.
    You peeked my interest in the the Skyblazer and really enjoy what you did on the paint!. So when I went digging, I to didn't realize how many changes were done in the few years it was active. They even move the US AIR FORCE up or down on the fuse. The bottom of the E is lined up with the red stripe on the star insignia in one, then changed another year. Just pick a year and find something different in the layout.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    You peeked my interest in the the Skyblazer and really enjoy what you did on the paint!. So when I went digging, I to didn't realize how many changes were done in the few years it was active. They even move the US AIR FORCE up or down on the fuse. The bottom of the E is lined up with the red stripe on the star insignia in one, then changed another year. Just pick a year and find something different in the layout.
    Glad you like it! Yes, this was my pain when trying to decide where to place things and what look to use. In photos, unless specified, there's no way to kow what year you are looking at...at least not from a casual observers standpoint. For a time I was going to make the lettering Red. But discovered that was about the least realistic...not sure how long or if ever it was used. I doubt very long if at all...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I updated the texture with these babies, thanks TuFun for the pictures. 300 gal custom drop tanks. Didn't know these existed...now they do!

available now.
    Holly Moly - TF beat me to the screen shot but the new tanks are great!

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

That doesn't exempt you froma screenshot! LOL
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That doesn't exempt you froma screenshot! LOL
    Found this one out on the web.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Now that's a good find mate

ATB
    DaveB

nice!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Rdaf g-290

Had an hour today....couldn't resist...even though I need to fix the Skyblazer...my heart wasn't in it...needed a break and started fiddling around...I've figured out the engine thing...and paint melting away....this is kind of WIP kind of test bed proof of concept for me...if I finish this...it will be a while, I want it to be really well done....dont mind the darkness...im messing around with p3d lighting mod.

Last edited by Mach3DS; April 30th, 2016 at 21:54.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Awesomeness. (these are from P3D).

v3 Available

Uploaded v3. Let me know if I've missed something...otherwise it's finished.

Fixed AA Refuel Probe issue
    Fixed roundel Sizes for USAFE/Skyblazers patch.
    random tweaks

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

RDAF Camo

Coming along. RDAF "G-290" WIP Trying to get the look of real paint over top of a primer with panel lines visible in only worn or dirty locations...trying to get engine look down...will look better once the custom specular for the engine is made.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Some reason this is were the F-100 really shines ... the worn out look

This RDAF skin really appeals to me. Looks like a real work horse and still rather beautiful.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I think I need to make the green a little more yellow? And have the blotches end up being a little more green...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I think I need to make the green a little more yellow? And have the blotches end up being a little more green...
    Hi Rick

Very nice to see a lot of RDAF super Sabres

Maybe these links could be helpful:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfblu...57623186814480

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...danish-f-100f/

Soeren

One WIP in the works...... the engine part still needs to be done.

Cheers,
    Hank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XXX_1.jpg  

QF-100D Drone

I was just wondering if someone would like to repaint a drone....I grew up at Tyndall AFB, Florida and used to watch these jets fly from "Death Row"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0503450.jpg   1092564.jpg   19768139916_464d9fe1a7_b.jpg   19794302025_f12408baf1_b.jpg   qf100-2.jpg   QF-100D_drone_near_Tyndall_AFB_1986.jpg  

Coming along nicely I think..I've finally got the hang of this camo paint...it was beating me for a while. Finally had ano hour today first time in days...dont mind the exhaust petals...theyre not staying.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Rick still need to save a little, with these these paints it makes it that much easier, mind you I'm a little shaken on the requested for Target Drones

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Rick still need to save a little, with these these paints it makes it that much easier, mind you I'm a little shaken on the requested for Target Drones
    Aircraft in the "drone" scheme with the hi-vis panels were flown by pilots as well. A couple of the images above show this clearly. It's a good looking scheme. It's only a drone if it doesn't have a pilot.

My contribution to the Danish invasion..... still WIP

Hank

Nice, very good. May I sugest weathering national symbols and lettering?

Regards

I've been only working on the base scheme, the rest will follow eventually.

Cheers
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Nice, very good. May I sugest weathering national symbols and lettering?

Regards
    Currently I've only weathered the flag on the vertical stab. I will do the Roundels as well. Mine will be VERY weathered!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1