Milviz F-100D is out
Page 1 of 26 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-100D is out

Milviz F-100D is out

Thought it would be a good idea to have a seperate thread for the released product

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F100D/index.php

Looking forward to all the great screenshots and paints

think it will be a hit
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Finally!!!!!!! Its about time!!!! LoL. Can finally talk about this one openly! Honestly people this is my favorite jet to fly in sim bar none. Its been a pleasure to be part of the team. Happy flying!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Frame rate/smoothness is very good and it is great fun to fly, specially if you are a sucker for steam gauges like I am

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Finally!!!!!!! Its about time!!!! LoL. Can finally talk about this one openly! Honestly people this is my favorite jet to fly in sim bar none. Its been a pleasure to be part of the team. Happy flying!
    +1 Rick! It was a pleasure and an honor to play a modest role by testing this beauty! Your metal magic also helped to make it look stunning. However, the "under the bonnet" coding magic that runs and integrates so sweetly and with minimal FPS hit, the systems, FDE and in this case also Tacpack weapons is to be commended, as not too many people appreciate it. Brian (Odourboy) is the one responsible in this case.

Installing nowW! Holly Moly! Its off to Edwards. We have an X-15 test flight today.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Many congratulations to all involved! This really is at another level. The management system is much easier than the F-4 IMHO and it's incredibly accurate to look at. For me it flies like a brick after the Draken and F-8 but that's exactly as it should be. The Hun was always a handful at low speeds so I understand and Milviz have captured that brilliantly. Now, Milviz, can we have a Thud and a One-Oh-Wonder please!!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Got it, looking forward to a steep learning curve but will try my hardest thanks Milviz team.

Heart Pounding!

Last edited by dvj; February 11th, 2016 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Got it, looking forward to a steep learning curve but will try my hardest thanks Milviz team.
    The manual and the tutorials on the product page are great for a quick start. For more in-depth reading you also have the Dash One.

Great screens dvj!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Great screens dvj!
    It's just hotness! That T-Bird paint is phenomenal. We saw these bad boys in 1958-59 airshow action.

Glad you like it! That tbird scheme was difficult for me in more ways than one. And helped me learn new techniques in PS and painting in general. So Im proud of it. The biggest wow of all is under the hood. Its all about the functionality. Try a high AoA hard g pull and listen and watch carefully if you hit compressor stall....youll be pleasantly surprised!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Frame rate/smoothness is very good and it is great fun to fly,
    As MV promised .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sales page says they aren't supporting it on Win 8. Did they not test it on Win8 or 8.1?
    Did anyone take the $50 plunge who uses that OS and can verify it works or doesn't?

Not me Frank.. I'm running Win7 Ultimate which is a good job as I didn't notice the Win8/8.1 note

For anyone wondering if it runs ok on something as trivial as an Intel i5-2500K (not overclocked).. I can confirm it does. If anything, it runs a little better than their F-15 I don't miss a HUD or MFD's though I can see why some would. No probs from me thus far
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Sales page says they aren't supporting it on Win 8. Did they not test it on Win8 or 8.1?
    Did anyone take the $50 plunge who uses that OS and can verify it works or doesn't?
    I was procrastinating on getting this until your post. I felt I owed it to you for all your repaints.

Anyways, I have many other MV products that work fine in Win 8.1. This works just as well despite the lack of support mentioned by MV. To me Win 8.1 is like any other OS, but you just have to learn what it takes to get things working right.

I only had a chance to take a short flight with the F-100D and did a nice ILS landing at Boeing Field. Only issue I encountered was with the NWS setup - it seems different than the Phantom series in that I really didn't need the hotkey to activate it.

I'll do some more flights (after happy hour with the wife) and let you know if there are any (Win 8.1 related) issues.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

NWS is 'on' by default as far as I can see mate. I've not selected it on any screen be it from the Add-ons menu or via MVAMS although I do remember seeing an option on one of the menu's. Default ON is good as far as I'm concerned

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    The F-100 works fine with Win 8.1

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

AAR (aerial refuel) is active. If you have VRS TacPack installed. If you don't you can still refuel in the air. Just not as realistic. See the user guide for specifics.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I hate to ask, but do you have to follow a start up procedure to get it going?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I hate to ask, but do you have to follow a start up procedure to get it going?
    There are all kinds of options, take your pick:

- Quick start cheat, fire the thing up with one simple switch click
    - Manual start procedure using the GPU
    - Manual start procedure using the cartridge starter

Even the manual procedures are not complicated, I find this easier to fire up than the F-86. This is the GPU start from C&D (manual page 17):

a) If the GPU is not already running, select ' Attach/Disconnect GPU' from the Menu Bar under Add-ons > F100-D.
    b) Battery switch - ON
    c) Engine Master switch - ON
    d) Wait for engine RPM to exceed 12%
    e) Start Button - PRESS momentarily
    f) Throttle - IDLE (if throttle is OFF, use a right mouse click on the Throttle to advance it to the IDLE position)

You can also have it ready to taxi. Will auto start upon entering the sim for you. No buttons to click at all. this can be saved state in the MVAMS (new acm).
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ref: non-Windows 7 OS, I have Windows 10 and it's worked a treat so far. I think Milviz are understandably covering themselves.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

You can also have it ready to taxi. Will auto start upon entering the sim for you. No buttons to click at all. this can be saved state in the MVAMS (new acm).
    Just dont forget about NWS and be careful on windy weather .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1