Texture Problems

Thread: Texture Problems

Texture Problems

I have three installs of CFS2 and on one of them I am losing the textures on the exterior view of a number of the planes. I tired to replace the textures with the textures from the downloads of the planes and even tried to delete and reinstall the planes but still get the fuzzy and unclear exterior textures.
    The cockpits and plane interiors are fine though. The plane fuselages are okay,but the exterior colors are all off. The two other installs I don't have this problem. I have changed some of the plane textures in the install where I am having the problem but this problem only showed up recently. Before ,everything was fine. Any help is appreciated.

Are these stock/OH models?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Steve,

It may be a graphics card/external software issue. I sometimes get blurry exterior textures in external view, but they can be easily made good by either of the following methods.

1. zoom all the way in, then back outwards - this always works for me.
    2. minimise the sim, then maximise (windowed view) - this almost always works for me.

I have WIN 7 Home Premium with Nvidia GTX750 card. My AV is McAfee, & I am of the opinion it's the Anti-Virus "phoning home" that can sometimes cause the display glitch.

Hope this helps.

Texture Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Are these stock/OH models?
    , Both types, stock and add-0n.

With add-ons... Okay not good.

Texture Problems

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Steve,

It may be a graphics card/external software issue. I sometimes get blurry exterior textures in external view, but they can be easily made good by either of the following methods.

1. zoom all the way in, then back outwards - this always works for me.
    2. minimise the sim, then maximise (windowed view) - this almost always works for me.

I have WIN 7 Home Premium with Nvidia GTX750 card. My AV is McAfee, & I am of the opinion it's the Anti-Virus "phoning home" that can sometimes cause the display glitch.

Hope this helps.
    Neither worked. I have Norton, but it's causing no problems with the displays with the other 2 installs. So you know, my OS is Win 8.1. So I'm still in the dark about what's causing the problem.

In the 2 "bad" install delete/rename the CFS2.cfg and make a copy of the CFS2.cfg from the "good" install and paste the "good" CFS2.cfg into the "bad" install and see if the prob remains.

Texture Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    In the 2 "bad" install delete/rename the CFS2.cfg and make a copy of the CFS2.cfg from the "good" install and paste the "good" CFS2.cfg into the "bad" install and see if the prob remains.
    It worked! Hope it stays this way. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 1