Fokker GI WIP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fokker GI WIP

Fokker GI WIP

Hi everybody,

I may think you find this intresting, another dutch plane yay :P
    So this is my personal project the Fokker GI which I will, excuse me AM creating.

So here we go. I started this project because I am sucker for dutch planes and I wanted to try and do a pretty detailed model of it including but not limited to:

1. 4 lods for rendering at several distances (this will not work in fsx but does in warthunder which this plane was orignally intended for
    2. 4 damaged lods again does not affect fsx but warthunder it does
    3. a detailed cockpit model and here you guys need to come in :3
    4. and a collision model again does not affect fsx shamefully :/
    5. External animation
    6. Internal animation

So yes quite a few bits....... And I need help because I ran into a few problems regarding info of the cockpit, the problem is, there isnt allot of it and certainly no information about color and such. Obvious color out of the black and fotos were only a few...........
    anyone have any info (particulary closeups) of the cockpit for data regarding the function of instruments lettering and color?

Now the pictures. Well I got quite a few here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails udZSI4N.png   qwWwnMH.jpg   bVYFX95.jpg   fB1SIBY.jpg   SoMz7cx.jpg  
    Last edited by ZiePeregrine; February 8th, 2016 at 10:10. Reason: Img

Blog Entries

Looks great... Keep going!

It looks like a great addition... Ito's opus is a bit long on the tooth by now...

Cheers,
    G.

Oh wow, look at that. Nice!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Oh wow, look at that. Nice!
    Thank you!

Great to see this model is done for FSX. I have been involved in the development of the one below and I should still have quite some information.
    There are quite a few interior pictures, but it was very difficult to find out whether it was a prototype, Mercury or Wasp version on the picture.

At this moment it would be much easier to gather the information required as we now have the splendid books Fokker G-1 part 1 and 2 by Frits Gerdessen, Karel kalkman, Cor Oostveen and Wim Vredeling. When you want to build the G-1 Mercury I advise you to purchase the book as it contains a wealth of information.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Great to see this model is done for FSX. I have been involved in the development of the one below and I should still have quite some information.
    There are quite a few interior pictures, but it was very difficult to find out whether it was a prototype, Mercury or Wasp version on the picture.

At this moment it would be much easier to gather the information required as we now have the splendid books Fokker G-1 part 1 and 2 by Frits Gerdessen, Karel kalkman, Cor Oostveen and Wim Vredeling. When you want to build the G-1 Mercury I advise you to purchase the book as it contains a wealth of information.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yeah I read it unfortanutaly it is a bit on the pricey side so I rather borrow it, such a shame but I get it. Btw the textures on that plane are just amazing I am going to see if I can make something like that to

Huub did the textures on the G1 you see here.

Cees

As you can see on the images of the VC, the model made ny Michel Migaud was never finished. However I still have all information, based on which you should be able to create a nice VC. But to be honest the VC is just the first challenge you will have to meet. The middle section where the radioman was located has his own set of instruments and so does the rear section with the gunner.........

This is why it is a actually a very complex model to create.

I will send you an e-mail with pictures from the real cockpit. As we are both Dutch it should be easy for us to communicate.

Cheers,
    Huub

As you can see on the images of the VC, the model made ny Michel Migaud was never finished. However I still have all information, based on which you should be able to create a nice VC. But to be honest the VC is just the first challenge you will have to meet. The middle section where the radioman was located has his own set of instruments and so does the rear section with the gunner.........

This is why it is a actually a very complex model to create.

I will send you an e-mail with pictures from the real cockpit. As we are both Dutch it should be easy for us to communicate.

Cheers,
    Huub
    That would be so great!

I really recommend to buy the book Huub adviced you. The authors offer great insight into the two G.1 versions (which are completely different). Moreover, it gives a good insight in everything related to the aircraft and the Fokker factory then.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

When budget is limited try to get part 1 of the Fokker G-1 books. This covers the development and contains a lot of technical information. Part 2 is more about the operational use of the aircraft.

And a few pictures to stay in the mood......

Cheers,
    Huub

Oh cool, a G1!
    You'll have a hard time keeping Huub out of your hair though..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Cheers,
    Huub

Beautiful work. Is this available or still a WIP?

When budget is limited try to get part 1 of the Fokker G-1 books. This covers the development and contains a lot of technical information. Part 2 is more about the operational use of the aircraft.

And a few pictures to stay in the mood......

Cheers,
    Huub
    It is really beautifull :P

It is available. it's here in the FS9 library. Flies really good in FSX.

Cees

Ed,

The model was never finished as I lost contact with Michel. As a lot of work and time was spend on this model I decided to upload it "as-it-is".

You can find the model here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...G-1-Grimreaper

Cheers,
    Huub

Ondertussen INSERT SCRATCHY VOICE HERE

Thnx to the amazing photos of Huub I redid some of the models *more on the way:

Steeringwheel:

Just some of the nicest models also dutcheeseblend that reference fuse was really handy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-l225.jpg   fOUYUoe.jpg   ZcdKNYY.jpg   ojGxkDP.jpg   Naamloos.jpg   30a39547-f17d-457f-ad1e-86b61aa65d5a.jpg  

Btw I need you guys opinion: Do you guys think the igniter new photo is sort of similar to the one in the old photo below numbered 26 to 31?:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30a39547-f17d-457f-ad1e-86b61aa65d5a.jpg   ACS288lg.jpg  

No, this should be a Bär switch. See nederlandseluchtvaart.nl to find more on this.

Btw, what reference fuse do you mean?
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    No, this should be a Bär switch. See nederlandseluchtvaart.nl to find more on this.

Btw, what reference fuse do you mean?
    It is not the fuse sorry i meant the fuse holder from a certain french company can't remember the name though. Btw I cant seem to open the site it displays an error message

Edit i have found a image of a bosch bär switch thank you!

Ed,

The model was never finished as I lost contact with Michel. As a lot of work and time was spend on this model I decided to upload it "as-it-is".

You can find the model here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...G-1-Grimreaper

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks Huub,

I'll have a look see. . .a shame it went unfinished.

Hey, Zie! Good to see ya here. It's me, Prime, the guy who makes B-25 skins for War Thunder. Nice to see your bird in FSX as well as WT, I have similar plans for the Mariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Hey, Zie! Good to see ya here. It's me, Prime, the guy who makes B-25 skins for War Thunder. Nice to see your bird in FSX as well as WT, I have similar plans for the Mariner.
    Oh hai you are here to wow!

Cool Cockpit Update

I had some time and decided to finish the cockpit model and uv map
    Here are the new pictures

Looks very promising. I'm glad the information I mailed you was usable.

Some minor remarks, I think the lever, which was there to put all levers in "start" position, between the throttle levers is a bit too small. I think you are missing the mixture lever at the side of this throttle box (4). The Please take a close look at shape of the the selector knob (34) in the right-hand side console.
    Also the pedals might need some additional work. These were flat pedals with a leather strap on the top, which went over the feet.

For those who don't realise it this is a pre- WWII cockpit. Very advanced for its time. As this was one of the first aircraft which used the now so common consoles on both sides on the cockpit.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0