Alternate skins for Stuart's newest vessels by Yuki!

Thread: Alternate skins for Stuart's newest vessels by Yuki!

Alternate skins for Stuart's newest vessels by Yuki!

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very much Stuart!

She is one of my favorite! She is unique and has a interesting stories.

Akitsushima's camouflage was an extra ordinary among IJN warships specially during the early period or war.
    It was Akitsushima's first captain, Capt. Haruo Mayuzumi's own idea and decision to paint unique camouflage on her.

It is said that he explained the reason to put camouflage on her is to protect her from enemy attack as mimic coloring of insects since her armament is not so strong.

Since camouflage paint was very rare among IJN warships at that time, she was misidentified as enemy ship and almost attacked by cruisers of IJN TF8 near Guadalcanal in 1942.

as such, She is very rare and unique ship and has a interesting stories.

I uploaded alternate skin for her here in the library.

Thank you again Stuart.

More power!!!

Yuki
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Akitsushima.jpg  

Alternate skin for Stuart's IJN Akitsushima.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships Add-Ons

Description: Alternate camouflage skin for Stuart's IJN Akitsushima.

This pack contains alternate skins for IJA Akitsushima.

This skin is based on photos that I found on the web.

Akitsushima's camouflage was an extra ordinary among IJN warships specially during the early period or war.

It was Akitsushima's first captain, Capt. Haruo Mayuzumi's own idea and decision to paint unique camouflage on her.

It is said that he explained the reason to put camouflage on her is to protect her from enemy attack as mimic coloring of insects since her armament is not so strong.

Since camouflage paint was very rare among IJN warships at that time, she was misidentified as enemy ship and almost attacked by cruisers of IJN TF8 near Guadalcanal in 1942.

As such, She is very rare and unique ship and has a interesting stories.

Thank you very much Stuart!!!

Because of my lack skills of painting, documents and photos at that time, it's not 100% historically accurate. Sorry about it.

Installation: Just make a copy and paste texture file to texture holder.

Do not forget to make a copy of original file for backup.

Copyright of Original textures belong to Stuart.

Stuart, Thank you for your kind permission for repaint.

Enjoy!

Yuki

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alternate skin for Stuart's IJN Akitsushima.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 A very nice paintwork

Lovely repaint, Yuki!
    THANK YOU!!!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada 1945.zip

Description: Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada.

This pack contains alternate skins for USS Nevada circa 1945.

Because of my lack of skills in painting, documents and photos at that time, it's not 100% historically accurate. Sorry about it.

Also, since I can't find any documents to confirm the color of deck, I prepare 2 options. One is with Deck Blue and another is bare wood color.

Please change the file name as USS_BB if you choose to use bare wood deck.

Installation: Just make a copy and paste texture file to texture holder. Do not forget to make a copy of original file for backup.

Enjoy!

Yuki

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada 1945.zip

Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada 1944.zip

Description: Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada.

This pack contains alternate skins for USS Nevada circa 1944.

Because of my lack of skills in painting, documents and photos at that time, it's not 100% historically accurate. Sorry about it.

Also, since I can't find any documents to confirm the color of deck, I prepare 2 options. One is with Deck Blue and another is bare wood color.

Please change the file name as USS_BB if you choose to use bare wood deck.

Installation: Just make a copy and paste texture file to texture holder. Do not forget to make a copy of original file for backup.

Enjoy!

Yuki

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Nevada 1944.zip

Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Arkansas Ver.2.zip

Description: Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Arkansas Ver.2.

This pack contains alternate skins for USS Arkansas circa 1944.

Since I found more reliable documents, I slightly modified the camouflage color from black to Navy blue.

Those who downloaded previous version, kindly update with this version. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Since I can't find any documents to confirm the color of deck, I prepare 2 options. One is with Deck Blue and another is bare wood color.

Please change the file name as USS_BB if you choose bare wood deck.

Enjoy!

Yuki

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alternate skin for Stuart's USS Arkansas Ver.2.zip

Thank you Yuki. Your skins look great.

msfossey

skins for new Stuart ships

Quote Originally Posted by miamieagle View Post
    Thank you!
    Merci pour les nouveaux skins . Personnellement j'ai préparé les skins pour le Nevada mes 21 22 et31 . Maisjaides problèmes avec la couleur de la catapulte qui refuse de se colorer dans la teinte adéquate . je ne comprends pas pourquoi ?
    J'ai adapté le CFG et le DP pour permettre l'utilisation d'un hydravion .
    Le Sikishima est très joli , je lui ai donné un H8K mais je crois que l'on nous prépare quelquechose de mieux .
    Pour Stuart , j'attends toujours les cuirassés français Bretagne et Lorraine ainsi que les Courbet révisés ?
    Pourrait on avoir aussi les avisos français et les destroyers italiens Turbine et Soldati pour les missions en Méditerranée ?

Amitiés à Tous

Dombral

Hi guys,

Thank you for your kind words.
    I will be happy if you guys enjoy it.
    And again, thank you so much Stuart for these wonderful ships and for kind permission for repaint.

Dombral, you are my mentor. Your nice repaint works motivated me to try some also by myself.
    Though I can't understand French, with google translation, I think I can get 80% of what you wrote.

Painting Catapult of Nevada was most difficult part also on me.
    At first, I thought it's a bare model color, i mean no texture is assigned.
    But later I found out that very narrow part of the bitmap at the very bottom of left, is assigned for catapult.
    You can check it out with my repainted bitmap. It colored with dark blue.
    Also the color will not be appear on the model as is. It seems it will be lighter as it mixed with 50% white.
    I really don't know the reason why. It's a mystery.
    Be careful, if you put some color on that part, other parts like floor of gun placement will be affected.

And I also tried to put H8K on Akitsushima. I spend a day for it but no joy. Would you kindly let me know what kinda magic you use?
    It looks so nice.

Yuki

Quote Originally Posted by miccasharon View Post
    Hi guys,

Thank you for your kind words.
    I will be happy if you guys enjoy it.
    And again, thank you so much Stuart for these wonderful ships and for kind permission for repaint.

Dombral, you are my mentor. Your nice repaint works motivated me to try some also by myself.
    Though I can't understand French, with google translation, I think I can get 80% of what you wrote.

Painting Catapult of Nevada was most difficult part also on me.
    At first, I thought it's a bare model color, i mean no texture is assigned.
    But later I found out that very narrow part of the bitmap at the very bottom of left, is assigned for catapult.
    You can check it out with my repainted bitmap. It colored with dark blue.
    Also the color will not be appear on the model as is. It seems it will be lighter as it mixed with 50% white.
    I really don't know the reason why. It's a mystery.
    Be careful, if you put some color on that part, other parts like floor of gun placement will be affected.

And I also tried to put H8K on Akitsushima. I spend a day for it but no joy. Would you kindly let me know what kinda magic you use?
    It looks so nice.

Yuki
    J'ai écouté ton conseil en effet la catapulte prend une couleur gris foncé mais les emplacements de DCA prés de lagrue deviennet noire , alors ????
    Je vais quand meme uploader la mesure 21. Le PA à l'arriere plan est le Suwannee en mesure15 de 11 1942
    Un autre oubli de notre ami Stuart : Le RN BB Renown qui a eu la carriere la plus remplie des cuirassés de la RN
    Amicalement
    Dombral

Members who have read this thread: 0