Getting OFF scenery into CFS3

Thread: Getting OFF scenery into CFS3

Getting OFF scenery into CFS3

I've put all the appropriate bits I can find into CFS3, but the QC/FF start screen shows the ground scenery racing past, or the aircraft appears in flight. Runways are present, and can be chosen in QC but the aircraft do not appear on the runway in QC or Missions, and instead you start in the air regardless. I've missed something, and I don't know what. I've transferred gsl.lib, global_layer.csv, facilities, buildings, vehicles, objects, airfield mos files, airfield outlines, qclocations.xml and so forth - it runs, but the airfields, which appear perfectly, are not working.

Any ideas what I've missed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

the scenery racing past: could it be that the coordinates of the airfields are different between the quickcombat.xml and the gsl.lib (globallayer.csv)

Hi,

I had the same problem, but the OFF scenery is just textures.

No modifications are made to the GSL.LIB or GSL files. If you have those backed up, reinstall them. Should fix the problem

All you need to do is replace the assets and terrains folders in your CFS3 install directory.

You may have to modify the landclasses.xml file to remove the trenches and destruction of the front line.

Warm regards,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

SOH-CM-2020

cutscenes.xml

Hi Nigel, if you have added/renamed any airbase files, you may need to make modifications to the cutscenes.xml file, adding the new airbase entries for all countries.

What are you going for here Nigel? You brought in a lot more than you need if you just want the scenery. Also, what version of OFF/WOFF is it?

Gents, maybe someone who made workling transfer of assets from WOFF to CFS3(ETO) could simply write step by step for dummies? WOFF 2.1+ user here

I suppose that someone would be me. I've been thinking that such would be necessary. I've been working through getting a new PC set up (took me a week to get my joystick working - thanks Nigel) and I've got a few other irons in the fire as well. But I think I can do one better, if I can get some help. I've written scripts for moving the WOFF files in and out as needed, since they are a bit different from the original WM Scenery. What I need would be a simple GUI that had an icon for each season. Clicking on the icon would run my script for that season and change the season in CFS3. Currently a GUI is beyond my skill, but the scripts work (they are compiled as a set of exe's). Any takers?

CUTSCENES! Of course... Let me see!

No. Wasn't that either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    What are you going for here Nigel? You brought in a lot more than you need if you just want the scenery. Also, what version of OFF/WOFF is it?
    Basically, what I want is to run OFF without all the added screens and suchlike around it. It drove me mental...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

You won't be able to use the campaign that way, but you should be able to fly the planes in QC and mission mode. Couldn't you just run the exe out of the OFF game folder? I think it's been renamed to shell.exe or something like that. I think that would be the easiest for what you're going for. It may be necessary to copy the dialogs folder over from stock CFS3, not sure on that though.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Basically, what I want is to run OFF without all the added screens and suchlike around it. It drove me mental...
    Hi Nigel,

its like Daniel says just run the game from the exe in the main game folder. I have a set of modified dialog files and common screen textures that puts period style menu buttons back into the game so you dont have to use the OFF manager part.

I've attached the files here for you to try, back up originals first. these will give you back the buttons on the start up screen to select QC, Missions and multiplayer. but not campaign mode.

the files also include the files to enable the same in game buttons if using the OFF manager. I did this so I didnt have to go back to the manager after every QC or mission.

regards Rob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Thanks - I'll give it another try. It didn't work when I did try that, so I imagine there's something more that's escaping me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I suppose that someone would be me. I've been thinking that such would be necessary. I've been working through getting a new PC set up (took me a week to get my joystick working - thanks Nigel) and I've got a few other irons in the fire as well. But I think I can do one better, if I can get some help. I've written scripts for moving the WOFF files in and out as needed, since they are a bit different from the original WM Scenery. What I need would be a simple GUI that had an icon for each season. Clicking on the icon would run my script for that season and change the season in CFS3. Currently a GUI is beyond my skill, but the scripts work (they are compiled as a set of exe's). Any takers?

See my email today

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

After simply wholesale replacing (not overwriting) my Assets and Terrains folders (not including my Terrains2 folder), this is what I get:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0