FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpacks for ETO / CBI / BPF!

Thread: FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpacks for ETO / CBI / BPF!

Icon22 FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpacks for ETO / CBI / BPF!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: FDG2 F6F FAA skinpack ETO by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the FDG2 F6F5(late model)VF12 Hellcat for CFS 2.

It uses the base drawings from the MS stock F6F to create a base template on which I painted some FAA markings & camoflage.

I provided tweaked airfiles to model the difference between the -3 & -5 (mkI & mkII) in the airfile (better for the AI to use), & provided customised dp loadouts to reflect RN FAA typical loads used.

These loadouts make use of Bismark 13's Beaufighter weapons. I've also added kelti's stock F6F exhaust effects to the dp.

The textures in this pack are typical of aircraft used in the ETO & MTO.

The Textures are:

-H JV117 Jan Boon van Ochsee 1840 sqn FAA, Northern Ireland May44.

E-F JV132 Lt B Ritchie 800 sqn, FAA HMS Emperor, Norway MAY44.

E-O JV125 Lt Cdr SG Orr 804 sqn, FAA HMS Emperor, Norway MAY44.

E-L JV131 unknown, 804 sqn FAA, HMS Emperor, Normandy JUN44.

To install, create a copy of your FDG2_F6F5_VF12 and rename it F6F_Hellcat_MkI or F6F_Hellcat_MkII as required. Unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: The Fightertown Design Group for the original aircraft.

MS for the excellent set of repaints in the stock sim. Once turned into monocolour grey templates detailing stencils, markings & camoflage can be rendered in detail.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JAN 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack ETO UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack CBI UT.zip

Description: FDG2 F6F FAA skinpack CBI by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the FDG2 F6F5 (late model) VF12 Hellcat for CFS 2.

It uses the base drawings from the MS stock F6F to create a base template on which I painted some FAA markings & camoflage.

I provided tweaked airfiles to model the difference between the -3 & -5 (mkI & mkII) in the airfile (better for the AI to use), & provided customised dp loadouts to reflect RN FAA typical loads used.

These loadouts make use of Bismark 13's Beaufighter weapons. I've also added kelti's stock F6F exhaust effects to the dp.

The textures in this pack are typical of aircraft used by the Eastern Fleet operating in the Indian Ocean during 1944 until the end of the war.

The Textures are:

Unmarked JV222 This FRII had cameras mounted for recon operations & was painted in a local blend of white & insignia blue, emulating the RAF's PRU blue colouring.

-6G JW723 This FRII was flown by Lt TH Pemberton 804 sqn FAA HMS Ameer MAY45.

K-6J JW321 unknown 809 sqn FAA HMS Stalker MAY45.

C-7X JZ796 Sub Lt O Lorenzo 808 sqn FAA HMS Khedive AUG45.

B-8H JX688 Lt SB Thompson 896 sqn FAA HMS Empress JUL45.

To install, create a copy of your FDG2_F6F5_VF12 and rename it F6F_Hellcat_MkI or F6F_Hellcat_MkII as required. Unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

MS for the excellent set of repaints in the stock sim. Once turned into monocolour grey templates detailing stencils, markings & camoflage can be rendered in detail.

UncleTgt,

JAN 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack CBI UT.zip

FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack BPF1 UT.zip

Description: FDG2 F6F FAA skinpack BPF1 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the FDG2 F6F5 (late model) VF12 Hellcat for CFS 2.

The textures in this pack are typical of aircraft used by the Eastern Fleet & British Pacific Fleet up to & including Operation Meridian I & II over Palembang, Sumatra in January 1945.

The Textures are:

R-5P FN432 Lt. J. Haberfield 1839 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable JAN45.

R-6K FN439 Lt. KA McLennan 1844 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable JAN45.

5-A FN427 unknown 1839 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable OCT44.

6-G FN398 unknown 1844 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable OCT44.

UncleTgt,

JAN 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack BPF1 UT.zip

FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack BPF2 UT.zip

Description: FDG2 F6F FAA skinpack BPF2 by UncleTgt

The textures in this pack are typical of aircraft used by the British Pacific Fleet from Operation Iceberg until the end of the war.

The Textures are:

W:166 JX701 Flown by H Moekardanoe 1844 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable APR45.

W:132 JX814 Sub Lt WMC Foster 1844 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable APR45.

W:113 JW862 possibly ued by Lt C Thurston 1839 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable APR45.

W:126 JX886 Sub Lt ET Wilson 1839 sqn FAA HMS Indomitable APR45.

X:119 JX772 Sub Lt WM Atkinson HMS Formidable JUL45.

UncleTgt,

JAN 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2 F6F Hellcat FAA skinpack BPF2 UT.zip

Icon22 Reply...

John,

This is outstanding work, thank you for including the FAA skins for the Tirpitz missions!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 WOW!!!!!!

Top notch, cream o' the crop job!!

Thank you, UncleTgt!!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello Uncle,

Pretty nice job, as usual!!

François

Blog Entries

Fantastic work as usual Uncle!

Kudos... what can I say... you are forever positively productive...
    Keep up the good work... and thanks a lot!

G.

Blog Entries

Superb skins

Thank you, UncleTgt
    As usual wonderfull drawings

Beepee

Outstanding!

Thanks Uncle! Been spending a lot time lately in the OH. It's time to pull out the FDG and try on some of your new skins. They look great!

Very impressive UncleTgt!

Thanks for the kind words.

They're not perfect, but the FDG model has issues with texture deformation, so some compromises were made.

Had I known Allen & Captain Kurt were going to make such a good job of improving the MS Stocker , I probably wouldn't have bothered with this many FAA skins, but I'd already developed the template ...

Your work is simply fantastic UncleTgt. Thank you for your efforts.

msfossey

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

They're not perfect, but the FDG model has issues with texture deformation, so some compromises were made.

Had I known Allen & Captain Kurt were going to make such a good job of improving the MS Stocker , I probably wouldn't have bothered with this many FAA skins, but I'd already developed the template ...
    I didn't know we needed to re-make the F6F tell I saw your thread! I thought some one would have already made the side window F6F model but nope.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Yet again you've proven what a master of the art you are John. Many thanks.

This is a great project. Thank you sir.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0