Ffvs j22a/b

Thread: Ffvs j22a/b

Ffvs j22a/b

I was asked years ago to do a skin for the AvHistory version of this aircraft from Micke 'MeK' Karlsson, but unfortunately, AvHistory closed down before we could get the final result out. Rene took over and did a new FM and DM for it, and the result is a very nice little aeroplane, even if the cockpit is a bit rudimentary by today's standards.

I contacted MeK to ask for permission to no avail, as I haven't received an answer. In his original read-me however, he does state that he allows reskinning and standalones. This goes a bit further, but I don't think we're out of line.

Uploading once I've sorted out the package - AIs, gun sounds, etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    AWESOME !!! A new plane to wreck... Thanks to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    AWESOME !!! A new plane to wreck...
    I think that's a Hobbit's prerogative... Thank you Nigel, I'll look forward to that!
    Last edited by hairyspin; February 3rd, 2016 at 09:54.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

That's an unusual bird, thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

"Years ago" certainly applies, it seems that we were at it nearly seven years ago. Time really flies. I just dug the model out of the hangar, it's been gathering dust for those seven years but it still flies. Not my finest effort by any means but definitely the best one out there for CFS3, if only because it's the only one.

Nigel
    as you know I am somewhat involved in "The Scandinavian Front" for SF2 series and J-22 cockpit was one of the works I considered making for JRL so given I regain my interest in CFS3 lately I might take a try at it for both series

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-scandinavian-front-2
    you can see my Swedish Mossie nightfighter and J-21 cockpits on the screenshots there

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Master Nigel, too cool.
    as for the wrecking, Rookies need to learn!!
    if you can build it I can wreck it!!
    Oh yea!! been wrecking things for decades. I'm a expert.
    And many Thanks for super Scooterspit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super Spitfire.jpg   P-72 001a.jpg   P-72 002a.jpg   P-72 003a.jpg  

It's a neat little bird! I did some reading on it and the aircraft was the result of the US arms embargo to countries other than Great Britain, as a result the Swedish AF wasn't able to acquire the P-66 vanguard. Sweden considered purchasing A6M Zeros from Japan, and it seems like Japan was willing to sell them, but in 1942 there were too many logistical complications to shipping them from Japan. As a result they decided to create a homegrown fighter, the J-22.

Sweet paintjob! Thought someone else made a j22 until I saw my name.
    Must be more than 10 years ago I made it... my first try in Gmax.
    It makes me happy that someone still cares about it.

/ Micke

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MeK View Post

/ Micke
    Sir I still have the original for 10years ago loaded into my CFS3 advanced install.
    Many Thanks..

The Japanese skin I did for it had 541 downloads!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

/ Micke
    Glad to hear from you! Nice little aeroplane - thanks! If this was your first try in GMAX, it was a very successful one. Any other tries?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Stary View Post
    Nigel
    as you know I am somewhat involved in "The Scandinavian Front" for SF2 series and J-22 cockpit was one of the works I considered making for JRL so given I regain my interest in CFS3 lately I might take a try at it for both series

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-scandinavian-front-2
    you can see my Swedish Mossie nightfighter and J-21 cockpits on the screenshots there
    Great news! We need more Scandinavian input.

I did a few Gladiators which are probably over on Reg's site, but otherwise, it's a bit thin...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glad Trio 1.jpg   Glad Trio 2.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The Japanese skin I did for it had 541 downloads!
    Japanese ?? I have seen a drawing of an Ethiopian once. They actually had thoughts about buying J22!

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Glad to hear from you! Nice little aeroplane - thanks! If this was your first try in GMAX, it was a very successful one. Any other tries?
    Well, it was my first try, but it was a rather long one. The rest of my tries mostly ended up in Maw.

I made a Fs9 model of the J22 a couple of years ago, cleaned up the mesh a bit and gave it hd textures.

SOH-CM-2024
    Wow! I can't believe I missed this back then! Somewhere I read that the J22 was quite the capable little fighter... I've been a fan of sorts of this plane, and I'm looking forward to trying it out! There's a version of this for FS9? Where can I find it?
    Regarding other Swedish aircraft, didn't they fly a plane that looks like it could have been made from a Do-17? Called a B-18, I think?

Cheers, Mike Z.

Mek!! Good to see you're still around! Loved your Br.20 and Ca's, even if partly unfinished. You're one of the unsung heroes of MAW...what a pool of talent we had back then!
    Luca

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Will this aircraft work without modifying the sound.xml ?

Yes, but your guns won't make any noise. You'll need to look in your guns folder and find the names of the original AvHistory guns, then open the xdp file and replace the equivalent entries in the "gunstations" section. Save and delete the bdp file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Trying to decide if I will adjust all the Mini-expansion III Eastern Front missions for MAW.. I built a few years ago, with the new scenery for MAW, and the advancements in all the other files, this might just be a option.
    But we shall see..
    Thanks to the MAW team, as always very grateful..

Nigel I really likes the j-22's Thanks for these..

You made the Capronis?! I love them, unusual and really classy looking. True golden age aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by SixGhost View Post
    Mek!! Good to see you're still around! Loved your Br.20 and Ca's, even if partly unfinished. You're one of the unsung heroes of MAW...what a pool of talent we had back then!
    Hello Luca! Still building aircrafts are you?

Looked at some old screenshots from Maw, I made some odd stuff, cows, camels, guys peeing.

Wonder if someone were more succesful doing this than I was...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails depot_01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Wow! I can't believe I missed this back then! Somewhere I read that the J22 was quite the capable little fighter... I've been a fan of sorts of this plane, and I'm looking forward to trying it out! There's a version of this for FS9? Where can I find it?
    Regarding other Swedish aircraft, didn't they fly a plane that looks like it could have been made from a Do-17? Called a B-18, I think?

Cheers, Mike Z.
    I never released the FS9 version, still work in progress so to say.

I'll finish a small movie that shows the different variants and upload to Youtube.

We had B-18 and also T-18 with a 57mm auto cannon in the nose, carried 40 rounds and fired 180 rounds per minut.

Yep, even if time is against me!

Speaking of odd things...old easter egg, I don't even remember where it was placed in MAW!

Hello Luca! Still building aircrafts are you?

Looked at some old screenshots from Maw, I made some odd stuff, cows, camels, guys peeing.

Wonder if someone were more succesful doing this than I was...
    Luca

Members who have read this thread: 1