Sakishima-Gunto is now released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sakishima-Gunto is now released!

Nice work!

Thank you and a speedy recovery

So that would be SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE ?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    So that would be SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE ?
    Yes, exactly. Sorry about that.

MR

PS I corrected this in the earlier post, too, just in case anyone is following along and only got that far.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Icon22

If this corrects the problem, I will go ahead and break out all of the called-out textures other than the airfield ground poly textures and place them into their own folder to be copied as per into the SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE as well as the main CFS2/TEXURE folder (couldn't hurt).

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Hi Chris,

No joy yet, but this CFS2 install I'm using is what one would could call heavily modified.
    Going to get a little sack time in and give her a go afterwards.
    The miracles of sleep will be a big help.

As always it's bound to be something simple or overlooked by me.

Until Later Mate,
    Dv

Icon22

I just looked in my SCENEDB/WORLD/TEXTURE folder and the file in question is not there. However, it is in my CFS2/TEXURE folder. Interestingly though, when I removed it and restarted the sim, everything still looked fine. So, having it covered in the mr-scenery/texture folder seems to do the trick. I will go back through the rest of the VTP1 polys at Ishigaki, and everywhere else, and check to make sure that there is nothing being called out that I didn't include in the scenry's texture folder.

I really apologize for this Dv. We'll get it sorted. Thanks for hangin' in there!

MR

PS Enjoy your nappys!

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

I think I got it!

Unzip this and place it into the MR Sakishima-Gunto\texture folder (might as well toss it into your cfs2/texture folder while you're at it).

It has also been added to the revised scenery pack zip and that has been uploaded to the SOH library replacing the original.

MR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 7th, 2016 at 13:02.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

When I removed sand002-8.bmp from both my mr-scenery/texture folder and from the CFS2/texture folder i got the result pictured below! Look familiar?

When cleaning everything up and getting it ready for release, I checked to make sure that if I had used a particular sort of texture file, i.e. dirt, sand, grass or whatever, that I had consistently used the same one, to keep things simple. But as it turns out, the island that sits just off-shore from Ishigaki Harbor has a big broad patch of sand that called out a different sand texture than any of the other sand textured VTP1 polys I made for this scenery. I just missed it. And so didn't include it in the texture folder. My bad.

My first guess about the offending file was based on the fact that the anomaly ran from one end of the harbor to the other- as do the polys that call it out. Never imagined that one little poly call-out could cause the sim such wide-spread consternation! The dear old girl. Got to love her.

Thanks again for hangin' in there.

Please continue keeping your eyes pealed for any other such anomalies. Hopefully there will be no more.

Us sexagenarians can't be having too much of this stress and strain in our lives! ;^)

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missing-sand002-8.jpg  
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 7th, 2016 at 14:57.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Back to normal!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baktonormal.jpg  
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 7th, 2016 at 14:59.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

I am re-uploading the zip file and renaming it mr-sakishima-gunto-160207.zip.

I contains the errant sand002-8.bmp along with a few slightly tweaked bgls. They were tweaked not to correct anything but rather to enhance their appearance. I'll bet no one will even notice! ;^)

Cheers,
    MR

Here is a zip containing the tweaked files. Unzip them and dump them in the MR Sakishima-Gunto\scenery folder. They have also been added to a revised scenery pack zip and that has been uploaded to the SOH library replacing the original.
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 7th, 2016 at 13:03.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by msfossey View Post
    Absolutely beautiful Maskrider. The amount of time and effort to produce this work must be immense. Thanks for sharing with us.

msfossey
    msfosey,

Thanks very much.

Sorry it took so long to respond but a slight scenery glitch needed tending to!

Happy to share it. Wouldn't be near as much fun otherwise!

Cheers, MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Sir,
    I have always enjoyed your sceneries and use quite a few of them. These latest efforts are an absolute "4-bagger". Thank you for all the time and effort it took to create these.
    Bob
    Bob,

I appreciate the kind words and happy you enjoy my work. Thanks.

Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by beepee View Post
    Thak you again for your beautiful sceneries Maskrider; This one is superb

Beepee
    Beepee,

Thanks very much. Hope you have fun with it! Be sure to update the missing texture file!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Chris,

As Bearcat says, your airfield and scenery work is still the crème de la crème of CFS2 scenery building, and always gives me something to aspire to. Great work!
    Rami,

Thank you very much. Coming from you that means a lot. I appreciate it!

Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Wayland View Post
    AS a WWII Pacific Theater junkie, I bow down to you as the Master of Maps for CFS2! I wouldn't have half the fun If I didn't have your sceneries to shoot up.
    Wayland,

Hehe, glad you enjoy those maps. They help keep me from getting lost too. I've kept one of Sakishima-Gunto posted on the bookcase right next to my monitor all these last couple of months so that I can refer to it from time to time whenever I forget whether one of these islands is a shima or a jima!

Don't forget to add that missing texture file to your set up. Glad we got that sorted!

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Standing by, anxiously awaiting results!

Chris
    Hi Chris!

Sorry for the late reply. Everything is hunkey dorey.
    Had one day off this week...well you know how that goes.
    I just slewed all of the shorelines of the complete scenery and all is as it should be.

Thanks for the quick service. I appreciate that.
    Dave

Icon22 Clear up some confusion.

Yesterday when the issue of the missing texture file came up, there was some confusion, on my part too, as to what folders texture files for add on scenery should be placed. I allowed the discussion to go a bit astray and so a bit clearing up is in order.

Let me state up front: The first place CFS2 will look for a texture file being called-out by an add-on scenery bgl is in the add on scenery's texture folder. Not finding it there, it will go next to the main CFS2 TEXTURE folder. Short of that, I don't know where it would go.

That is the reason for the note in all MR LWM scenery release readmes: "!LWM type scenery included in this package requires copying contents of your scenedb/world/texture folder to your main CFS2 texture folder".

We took a little side trip yesterday into the scenedb/world/texture folder. Uh-uh. In fact none of the texture files I use are located in that folder. I should have caught the mistake and saved DvSlats some time and trouble. My bad.

The texture files I use when building scenery are all located in my CFS2/TEXTURE folder. When I am ready to release the scenery, I go around and collect all textures called-out in the scenery and copy them from my CFS2/TEXTURE folder into the add-on scenery texture folder.

The problem arose yesterday because I had missed a texture call out and hadn't included it in the scenery release.

Sorry for the goof-up! ;^)

Cheers,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 8th, 2016 at 10:18.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi Chris!

Sorry for the late reply. Everything is hunkey dorey.
    Had one day off this week...well you know how that goes.
    I just slewed all of the shorelines of the complete scenery and all is as it should be.

Thanks for the quick service. I appreciate that.
    Dave
    Looking good!

Thanks for having a look.

Sorry for the confusion yesterday..

MR

I see you downloaded the newest version of the scenery, or at least added those 9 re-worked bgls. What they did was add a little wave and rock action to the seaward side of all the breakwaters.
    Last edited by MaskRider; February 8th, 2016 at 10:29.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

MaskRider,

I guess that I am missing something. I have installed and reinstalled the scenery, update and sand texture several times, even tried with all other scenery areas deactivated, and keep getting one or two different shades of green squares at Ishi-Ibaruma, Ishigaki, Ishigaki-Noda, Minna-Jima, Miyako-Guzukub, Miyako-Ikema, Miyako-Shimaji, and Shimaji-Irabu. The other thirteen areas are great! Any idea what I am doing wrong?

voyager

I'll check to see if its at my end.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Yep, voyager, its another missing texture file:

See how much of the problem this takes care of. Meanwhile I will continue looking.

Thank you for being so conscientious.

Stick it into the MR Sakishima-Gunto/texture folder

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

I am thinking that should take care of it. Almost finished running through your list.

Thanks for being so thorough.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Nope. Here's another:

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Voyager,

Pretty sure those two files will cover it.

I'll hold off updating the file until I hear back from you.

Thanks very much.

I think what happens is many folks obviously have the same issues but for one reason or another are hesitant to mention it. Maybe they aren't interested enough to bother with it. Maybe they think it will make them look goofy for not being able to get it to work. Maybe, more likely still, they just throw up their hand and say "To heck with this!"- in much stronger language to be sure. LOL! Totally understandable. Who knows. But I am thrilled that someone like you has taken the time to delineate the problem clearly and let me know about it. I am not fishing for compliments. I want honest feedback. I want the scenery to work and be enjoyable for all.

Again, thank you.

MR

PS 99 times out of 100 these issues have something to do with something I have done. The MaskRider is not infallible. Far from it. And the older I get, the more fallible I get! ;^)

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Hey Chris,
    Spent some time during lunch today going thru the bgl's with a hex editor.
    Got all of the texture calls.

It's not very organized (duplicates) but thought it might help.

Edit: I see you guys are already on it.
    Well I'll leave her here anyways.

Members who have read this thread: 1