F6F-5_HELLCAT early VF-29 correction poated

Thread: F6F-5_HELLCAT early VF-29 correction poated

Icon22 F6F-5_HELLCAT early VF-29 correction poated

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Note to Administrator Please replace the original submission with this corrected file.

Grumman F6F-5 early mark ** Correction
    VF-29 aboard USS Cabot (CVL 28) March 1945

Skin corrected to add aileron markings and the damage bitmaps.

THIS IS ALLEN'S F6F-5 EARLY WITH THE REAR QUARTER WINDOWS. THESE WERE DELETED ON LATER DASH 5 VERSIONS.

MODEL IS SHINED, NEW AIR FILES, WOLFI'S US_PILOT FIGURE AND PANEL INCLUDED. YOU MUST DELETE THE US_PILOT FOLDER FROM YOUR AIRCRAFT FOLDER OR IT WILL OVERRIDE THE FIGURE INCLUDED HERE

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F-5_HELLCAT early VF-29.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Early F6F-5 VF29 texture correction posted

I discovered that this plane had aileron markings that I did not know about when I did the first posting. This corrects the textures.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

Thank you, your work is impeccable!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Ta muchly, CK

Captain, these look fantastic! Thank you.

msfossey

Is there a specific reason/significance to the aileron markings? I was just thinking about how even a small amount of extra paint can affect trim and balance on control surfaces.

I'm glad I fix the top aileron texture or I would be back fixing it now!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Kurt,

Thank you, your work is impeccable!

Oh, yes, absolutely!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

These are the types of late war skins i've been waiting for for a long time guys, with all the elegant squadron markings on tail and wing. We've had a lot of these for our various Corsair models, but rarely for the stock based Hellcat. I'm more partial to the lines of the stock based Hellcat than the popular FDG model. And these skins are perfect. Thanks Kurt, you've filled a gap in my hangar if no one else.

CheerZ!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

The Stock/OH model can't have elegant squadron markings on tail and wing as they have bad texture distortions. That is why I put the time into rebuilding the stock.

We appreciate the work you put in Allen, laying the foundation for Kurt's work and all. But to correct my earlier remark about the rarity of these types of late war markings, Morten, Revev and Daniel Roger (circa 2001) all did skins of this genre the stock and the OH models which came out very well despite the distortion limitations. I'm just happy to see more like this in any case. Thanks again...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

I'l pull all of my hair out trying to paint the stock/OH model to look like these. I did a little work for a Ugonon Navy texture and it was not fun.

Thanks Allen and Capt. Kurt for your efforts!

Kind regards,

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

I would like to make on thing clear as it may seem that in post #10 I may sound like jerk. I wasn't trying to be and not trying to toot my own horn. Just trying to tell why there wasn't many elegant squadron markings on tail and wing for the stock/OH F6F.

Allen,
    Toot away, you deserve it.......very nicely done, and I'm glad you've replace that pretty awful standard M$ pilot figure.

Cheers

Shessi

Well I kept the MS pilot figure as the game will remove it when the aircraft is palced as a ground object just like the stock models but at the request of Captain Kurt I set up the pilot figure so that it could be removed by alpha channel texture and Wolfi's or any other pilot figure could be plugged by DP with out having any odd errors.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I would like to make on thing clear as it may seem that in post #10 I may sound like jerk. I wasn't trying to be and not trying to toot my own horn. Just trying to tell why there wasn't many elegant squadron markings on tail and wing for the stock/OH F6F.
    Don't be so hard on yourself Allen!

I don't think anyone around here ever thought about you in such terms. And, indeed, you provided all of us with so many stock corrections, patches, conversions of civilian sim aircraft gone sour, historical notes and more, that I'd have to go through the entire SOH Library to remember them all!

The improvements you applied to stock planes are simply outstanding. In spite of the great job MS programmers did with CFS2, many things were overlooked and models distorting textures are more than just the F6F. I had a bad time with the Wildcat, for example, when I started demirroring beautiful historical repaints to dress The B24Guy's OH model.
    The texture of the elevators is so distorted that the lines of their framework, appearing under the doped fabric cover, always come out hideous.

A great bravo, as well, for the inspiration of blanking out the stock pilot via alpha texturing. I am in the process of placing Wolfi's US Pilot in every stock plane cockpit, thanks to you and Captain Kurt.

Thank you for all of your efforts, Allen, truly!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0