Virtavia AJ-2 Savage is out! - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia AJ-2 Savage is out!

Blog Entries
    OK....I've downloaded all of the imagery that has been posted up here. I'm working on the UVW maps for the PK, after which I'll fine tune my panels and bumps.

Thanks gentlemen.....
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    OK....I've downloaded all of the imagery that has been posted up here. I'm working on the UVW maps for the PK, after which I'll fine tune my panels and bumps.

Thanks gentlemen.....
    This plane grows day by day......

Cees

In the meantime.....

Cees

Blog Entries
    I was dusting the cobwebs off the video editing software and put together quick vid of the Savage shooting some traps. It's not the right carrier, but still a lot of fun lining up on an angled deck.

All of the usual stuff, REX TD and Soft Clouds, ASNext live weather, P3Dv3.1 with maxed and still not too bad performance. The Dynamic Reflections do hit FPS, but I locked FPS at 30 for the video edit and got solid, smooth performance.

Turn up the sound....select HD and grab a beer.....

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I was dusting the cobwebs off the video editing software and put together quick vid of the Savage shooting some traps. It's not the right carrier, but still a lot of fun lining up on an angled deck.

All of the usual stuff, REX TD and Soft Clouds, ASNext live weather, P3Dv3.1 with maxed and still not too bad performance. The Dynamic Reflections do hit FPS, but I locked FPS at 30 for the video edit and got solid, smooth performance.

Turn up the sound....select HD and grab a beer.....

That's a Ted Wolfgang sound set!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

At the same time in Zoetermeer.......

Cees

In the meanwhile.....

Cees

You guys going to eventually share these beautiful repaints??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    You guys going to eventually share these beautiful repaints??
    There's link to dropbox in post 73! But I'm waiting with rest until gman finishes the bump and specular files. I can post betas...

Let me know.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    There's link to dropbox in post 73! But I'm waiting with rest until gman finishes the bump and specular files. I can post betas...

Let me know.

Cees
    Got those the minute you posted. There's been more since and I was just wondering. I have to go back and forth monitoring this thread and the library to make sure I don't miss any.
    -- WH

I've done four more repaint since that upload.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I've done four more repaint since that upload.

Cees
    Yes, I know. Since you posted screenshots, I assumed they were close to being ready for downloading but haven't seen a link yet. I was just wondering. Take your time.
    -- WH

Rest assured WH, the result will be worth the wait. ******** is doing a great job!

Cees

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Just bought the aircraft, and so far impressions are good! Finally someone managed to get the mixed propulsion working!

Hope this aircraft will get a lot more repaints, and maybe some fictional ones too...?

Edit: Although the jet engine still behaves like a prop engine, the sound effects and extra power are quite well done. Still like it!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Just bought the aircraft, and so far impressions are good! Finally someone managed to get the mixed propulsion working!

Hope this aircraft will get a lot more repaints, and maybe some fictional ones too...?

Edit: Although the jet engine still behaves like a prop engine, the sound effects and extra power are quite well done. Still like it!

Hey Thanks. We are very happy that the AJ is being received so positively! Makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Blog Entries
    The first video was a bit rushed and lacked color...this one is a tad better.

Also, I've updated the bump and spec package and sent it to Cees. Should be some fine skins coming forth soon.

Thomas Jefferson

B U M P

Tell me again the status on the latest repaints??
    -- WH

WH,

I'm busy with the files gman has sent me. It's not just cut and paste, wish it was as simple as that. Often the layers need to be aligned, I have my own preferences for visibillity, transparancy etc. I'm working with a thirteen year old program psp 8.1 that has some quircks. But: I'm getting there. Once I implemented the layers gman has made, I'm on my way. Stay tuned!

Cees

Here's one.....

WH (and others),

Here's the most recent repaint. Download it from dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70p3bgk3upvfacy/NB8.zip?dl=0

Cees

Thanks, Cees.
    -- WH

I'm trying to get a bare metal version of the savage out of my brushes, but that's a more difficult venture than I thought at first. Not all the textures have specular counterparts! Is there a workaround for such a situation?

Cees

The bump mapping gman did really comes to life in this one......

Cees

Blog Entries
    Hey Cees, your metal skins are taking shape. It's definitely not easy...a true art form.

OK...I worked out my video issues.

FYI:
    Cyberlink Power Director 12, which is what I used for previous videos, has a problem with Nvidia "Game Ready" drivers...current generation. The bug will create a stutter in your videos. The work around is to revert to previous drivers, but that really wipes out Prepar3D. The current Nvidia drivers are super good with P3D 3.1 (in my experience).

I downloaded the trial version of PowerDirector 14 from Cyberlink and....presto...problem solved. Of course it's going to cost me another fifty bucks to license the "upgrade" and have an actual working version of the software...ain't progress a wonderful thing?

I cut a new video of the Savage using the new software as a test run. If you use an Nvidia card, tic your "video color settings" to " with the video player settings" in the Nvidia control panel. It will render the color more correctly in the media player.

This setup utilized REX Weather Architect/REX TD and Soft Clouds. The effects are very nice...except for the ship wake effect that is still needing some tuning...IMHO...

Enjoy....

Thomas Jefferson

Hey Cees, your metal skins are taking shape. It's definitely not easy...a true art form.

OK...I worked out my video issues.

FYI:
    Cyberlink Power Director 12, which is what I used for previous videos, has a problem with Nvidia "Game Ready" drivers...current generation. The bug will create a stutter in your videos. The work around is to revert to previous drivers, but that really wipes out Prepar3D. The current Nvidia drivers are super good with P3D 3.1 (in my experience).

I downloaded the trial version of PowerDirector 14 from Cyberlink and....presto...problem solved. Of course it's going to cost me another fifty bucks to license the "upgrade" and have an actual working version of the software...ain't progress a wonderful thing?

I cut a new video of the Savage using the new software as a test run. If you use an Nvidia card, tic your "video color settings" to " with the video player settings" in the Nvidia control panel. It will render the color more correctly in the media player.

This setup utilized REX Weather Architect/REX TD and Soft Clouds. The effects are very nice...except for the ship wake effect that is still needing some tuning...IMHO...

Enjoy....

The clouds and colors are superb.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Got an equal shine on all parts. Thanks Frank and Phil for enlightning me! And now some bare metal look with less shine (but I already like it as she is now!).

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0