ETO Mission Builder not working.. Help

Thread: ETO Mission Builder not working.. Help

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

ETO Mission Builder not working.. Help

I am finished with the SCW missions,, I had planned for 5 more, but the Mission Builder in ETO has stopped working?

I had to finish Mission 20 on my old XP machine then transfer it back to the Win 7 machine to try it. Which is a real hassle..
    If I can't sort out why the mission builder isn't working in ETO on the Win 7 machine, that effectively ends my large formation missions building in ETO..
    The older XP machine will not handle them and right now it is the only working ETO mission builder I have.

The other installs (13) MAW, PTO, Rising Sun, BOB expansion all working with their mission builder.
    But none of My ETO stock or advanced installs the mission builder work now.. And they were working perfectly last time I used them six weeks ago..
    And I have made no changes to either ETO install??

I even copied over a complete working ETO set up from the Older XP machine to the win 7 machine..
    In the XP machine the mission builder worked , But not in the Win7 machine??
    Been trying for over 8 hours to sort this out with NO success.
    A mission builder with no working Mission Builder right now in ETO!!
    Last edited by HouseHobbit; January 26th, 2016 at 01:25.

Do you get an error message? Mine says that the mfc70.dll is not installed, even though it is still in the mb folder.

p.s. Interesting, it will run from the shortcut, but it won't run if I try to execute the program directly from inside the mb folder.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    p.s. Interesting, it will run from the shortcut, but it won't run if I try to execute the program directly from inside the mb folder.
    I think that is because the shortcut calls mb.exe within the mb directory, but sets the working directory to the root-directory of cfs3/ETO/wathever installment.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    No none of that, I get the first splash screen then it opens to the Mission Builder background, But no Map or dialog area appears, then it says contacting MS..and that is that..

I have sorted through all issues in the past with this nasty thing, and are presently amazed; this is a first.
    And I Have wrecked CFS3 in every way possible in the past, But his is something new..
    And what has me amazed I haven't changed anything since the last time I used this??

Blog Entries
    This sounds like something to do with the dreaded Windows updates Owen, you could try uninstalling the last couple of weeks worth.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I would have suspected that a update caused this too, if any of my other mission builders stopped also..
    But the ones in CFS3, BOB expansion, Rising Sun and MAW are working?
    Only ETO has stopped..
    Very taken back by this.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Found that i have the same exact problem as HH . Running Win. 7 64 bit. Haven't seen anything new in the update history. Will check again

SOH-CM-2020
    Why is it only ETO? Is it some antivirus issue with the .bat files again? Are you running ETO MB through the desktop shortcut, Owen?

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I think I found it, now one of my anti spyware programs has blocked it, that is all well and good but since a update to this 8 weeks ago just before I lost the ability to go online(from a update to Foxfire that changed my proxy settings), so no record in the system is the for me to check, only holds the quarantine records 30 days..
    I uninstalled the anti virus program and it still is blocked.

I spoke to the tech head ( my cousin) who recommended this program last year, and he said the only way he knows to undo this is to reload c drive completely.
    As he said the program is a great program and once it blocks something no way to unblock it if you don't use the quarantine records before the 30 days are up and they are dumped automatically...
    And since it has been almost 7 weeks since the last time I used the MB, I wouldn't have known this until the anti virus program had already dumped the last quarantine record..

At this programs last update , it changed my settings to a new default, and blocked this without asking me.
    I had this set to only notify me before it blocked something but when I checked this, I found the last update changed this.

These updates from the various folks from MS to super anti-spyware are becoming a big pain to control and be safe with it seems.
    And NO I am NOT reloading my complete C drive to get this unblocked.

So My mission building in ETO is for the most is part over. which is and always has been my favorite CFS3 expansion to build in.
    Far too much trouble and time to build missions on my 8 year old e-machine, then then transfer them to the Win7X64 machine to test them.
    Funny to be stopped by another update. WOW!!

Sorry to hear that Owen, of course just the one Virus program or not too many? ..Not being clever. Just to let you know have had Win8 for awhile, and not only CFS3 stuff but random 'not doings' in all sorts of other Windows operations: mouse lag, all sorts of 'not respondings' to tasks at random times. Seems unpredictable.

Wonder if might be just random error there too, not even CFS3 or Virus ware related...

Playing with the 'connections', taget file or the icon, etc, of course

Other 'maddie' I had might be just do ETO install no 100 (LOL!!) on a spare bit of disc, just to use the MB out of it, nothing else. Sometimes have found dropping new files in or reinstalling (right pain....) get things 'unstuck' out of it randomness. Last ditch sorta thing, I know.......just a side note: good luck Owen!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    What the heck, not like I have a life anyway.

I am reloading C drive today back to factory specs from the protected archive.

I have backed up ALL files to the two other 1Tb hard drives, and preparing to reload My Win 7X 64.
    This way I can start fresh again.
    will take several days to a week set up the Win 7 system again, like before.
    But when finished I will have a fresh install to work with.
    Until then i will be using my old XP e-machine for my online stuff.
    Off to start this process.

Blog Entries
    After testing of my 8 installs ETO mb is the only one not working. Found out there were 11 updates for win on 1/13/16. Running win 7 64bit. A very strange problem.... Not willing to reinstall win 7 as i don't have a recovery disk. Guess i can disable 1 update at a time and see if that works...
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; January 29th, 2016 at 07:57.

Blog Entries
    When selecting the mission builder i get a error message : msvcp70.dll is missing-(both shortcut and .exe). Checked in the sim and found the .dll file it that the error message said was missing. Very strange. Running Win7 64bit. Also using DX11 and Avast anti virus . Any solutions found yet before i have to do something drastic ?

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    After testing of my 8 installs ETO mb is the only one not working. Found out there were 11 updates for win on 1/13/16. Running win 7 64bit. A very strange problem.... Not willing to reinstall win 7 as i don't have a recovery disk. Guess i can disable 1 update at a time and see if that works...

Let me know what you find please on the updates, I haven't started the reload yet on the win7 machine .
    This might get interesting. Thanks..

As for the missing dill message, MB Must start from a shortcut icon only and it Must be removed from the main game folder in order to work.
    Make a shortcut to the MB.exe in the Mission Builder folder then move this to your Desk top or some where else you prefer, It MUST be a cut and paste move, Not a copy here thingy.
    that should fix the missing Dill messages.

Blog Entries
    Found the problem !! It's in the mission builder short cut properties in the target location box." Program files (x86)" must be inserted in target location box with the rest of the address . Tested and now works properly. Don't know how or why this changed but it did.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    As i stated in the previous post, the shortcut must be set up correctly, the MB will only run if that is correct in the pathways set up..
    Glad you discovered that mistake.
    Many over the years many have had issues because they didn't realize how the pathway must be set up.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Got the Win 7 machine mostly set up, and have reloaded CFS3 and the updates to 3.1 status, all working.

Moving 420 gig back onto the C drive /program files (x86)/Microsoft games folder now.
    Will be a bit for this to happen.

Then re set up all the installs and should be ready to dance again ain another day or so..
    even sorted some items that needed done during this reload of C drive.
    More dancing and rejoicing..

3 DDLs problem with win10

Further to above I now have installs in D:/ and C:/ both in and outside Prog folders with Win10. All same problem re 3 dlls, not just the one.

MFC70.DLL
    MSVCR70.DLL
    MSVCP70.DLL

Ddid anyone else solve this in win 10? there was not problem in win7

All using SP3 compatability

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

This is most infuriating! Now a couple of my installs in D:\ work while others don't????

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I will be back on this issue soon, as i am to return home from the hospital in a few days (27th)
    I shall correct and set up my missions work once I have my home sorted out, from the past three months in hospital.

Anyone solved the missing but not really dlls in Mb on win10 yet?? I don't get why 1 or 2 installs work but bit others (inc. my important ones! )

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Hey Hobbit...

So very glad to hear you're gonna be back in the mix... Rock on w/ your bad-ass mission building stuff...
    looking foreword to it!

Members who have read this thread: 0