How Can I remove Glenview NAS CFS2?

Thread: How Can I remove Glenview NAS CFS2?

How Can I remove Glenview NAS CFS2?

I read here where you could install Glenview NAS for CFS2 but when I did the FS9 scenery took
    me to a area covered by water. I was able to remove the folder Glenview NAS CFS2 from the
    FS9 Add on Scenery Folder but then I went to the list of all scenery listed active I had a very
    long time just trying to find it. FS9 said it is listed in the active list but it is not there. Finally
    I found it and removed it but it is still there, When I go KNBU (Glenview NAS) FS9 default
    version it still takes me to some unknown place in the artic and gives just the cordinents .

Cheers

Casey

Trying doing a file search in FS9 with file/folder name *knbu* and *glenview* (include the asterisks) and see if maybe you have a stray .bgl or other type file that's causing Glenview to still appear in your airport listing.

Two things occur to me.

One is that you might be using corrected shorelines. Glenview is near the lake shore, and maybe its location is on dry land with Microsoft's stock shoreline, but out in the lake with a corrected shoreline.

The difference between the stock and corrected shorelines is enough to put an airfield out in the lake, but probably not very far out there. If your Glenview wasn't very far off shore, and if you use corrected water scenery, that's probably the answer.

If you don't use corrected water scenery then it can't be the answer.

The other thing is that it makes no sense how you had trouble finding Glenview on the scenery list when you went to inactivate it. It should have been right there on top of the list, right where you put it when you activated it. If you had to go looking for it, then something scrambled your scenery.cfg file between the activation and inactivation. That suggests that there's something seriously wrong with your FS installation, or with your computer, because there's no good reason why your scenery.cfg file should change unless you change it yourself. That only leaves bad reasons...

If you're not using corrected water scenery and your rig still put Glenview out in the lake, plus your scenery.cfg file got scrambled, then it seems that there must be something very wrong in your system, either in your FS installation or somewhere deeper in your system. A CFS-2 scenery may not display properly in FS9/GW, but it should show up in the right place geographically, and it certainly wouldn't change your scenery.cfg file when you weren't looking.

Good luck!

If it's not in the Scenery Library list, and you've removed the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery directory, then there must still be something in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. Anything there loads automatically without having to be added to the library list.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If it's not in the Scenery Library list, and you've removed the scenery folder from the Addon Scenery directory, then there must still be something in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. Anything there loads automatically without having to be added to the library list.
    That's correct, but there's nothing in the Maskrider or my FS9 conversion scenery that goes into Add On Scenery/scenery.

There's just the Glenview folder as Maskrider made it, and and the few FS9 I added items only go into to that folder. There are some object
    libraries that go into the SceneDB/inf folder, but it shouldn't matter if those remain behind because without the Glenview scenery, nothing is calling up anything from those libraries.

I think it's significant that he had trouble finding the entry on the scenery list when he went to delete it. He should have found it right where he put it, which is where he surely looked first. If it wasn't right where he left it, something scrambled the list. It seems that a change was made and he didn't make it, and that must mean that something is very wrong.

There must be more going on here than meets the eye. It's a curious mystery. I wish I had a solution to offer!

Members who have read this thread: 0