Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945

I am pleased to announce the Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945 Campaign is finished and posted.

This one is fulfilling a promise I made Achim27619 a long time time ago to make a Luftwaffe campaign. Sorry for the delay Achim, but this took over a year to build.

Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung
    1943 bis 1945

A historical campaign by Kurt “Captain Kurt” Schwabauer

This is a comprehensive campaign which will provide an immersive environment taking you into the experience of a Luftwaffe fighter pilot during the last 2 ½ years of the war. My objective was to recreate a Luftwaffe Jagdgruppe’s mid to late war experience as close to the historical record as possible. I chose JG11 and focused on one Gruppe, I/JG11 because it was formed in 1943 and had the gamut of missions from intercepting the massive USAAF daytime bomber formations, opposing the Allies’ invasion of France performing ground attacks and finally being transferred to the eastern front to oppose the Soviets.

The package includes:

• A historical 75 mission campaign
    • 14 new Luftwaffe airbases used by I/JG11 as they were moved around across France and Germany
    • 11 Team Daedalus Fw190A models with accurate flight models, .dp files with correct guns, ordinance, and increased AI aggressiveness with historical I/JG11 paint schemes.
      • FW190A-5
      • FW190A-6
      • FW190A-7s with I/JG11 and additional III/JG11 paint schemes
      • FW190A-7/R2
      • FW190A-8
      • FW190A-8 optimized as a fighter bomber
      • FW190A-9
      • FW190F-8

• BR Bf109G-6/R6 with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel
    • BR Bf109G-6AS with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel
    • Bellied in BR Bf109 with historical II/JG11 paint scheme
    • A new Luftwaffe UIRES campaign screens set with actual color period photographs, new accurate medals, awards, and ranks. Two new Country.cfg filed are provided allowing you to choose to fly either as a non-commissioned pilot or as a commissioned officer.
    • The pilot names are taken from those of actual JG/11 pilots.
    • A set of German radio calls and action radio chatter is included to increase immersion, taken from CFS1 and IL-2 voice clips
    • Luftwaffe ground figures
    • 2 upgraded Fdg2 P-51B/C Mustangs with all new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new panels with new gauges by Ali Cat, and historical 354th FG paint schemes.
    • 2 upgraded Alpha P-51D models with new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new accurate panels with new gauges by Ali Cat.
    • Allen’s P-47 and B-24J,
    • Thicko’s Yak-9, Pe-2 and IL-2
    • DCC P-38s
    • YAS Spitfire Mk IX
    • Morton historical skins
    • New high resolution paint schemes for stock CFS2 buildings making them suitable for European theater buildings
    • 2 new campaign intro videos

This campaign requires the CFS2 European Theater scenery add-ons from Rhumbaflappy, Sander de Cocq, Achim27619, Ettico, and other talented designers which thoroughly transform CFS2 into a Europe of the 1940’s. Instructions to create a CFS2 European Theater are provided.

It's broken into 2 parts because of download sizes.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945 Part 2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945

Part 2 of 2 parts. Both parts are required.

This is a comprehensive campaign which will provide an immersive environment taking you into the experience of a Luftwaffe fighter pilot during the last 2 ½ years of the war. My objective was to recreate a Luftwaffe Jagdgruppe’s mid to late war experience as close to the historical record as possible. I chose JG11 and focused on one Gruppe, I/JG11 because it was formed in 1943 and had the gamut of missions from intercepting the massive USAAF daytime bomber formations, opposing the Allies’ invasion of France performing ground attacks and finally being transferred to the Eastern Front to oppose the Soviets.

The package includes:

A historical 75 mission campaign.

14 new Luftwaffe airbases used by I/JG11 as they were moved around across France and Germany.

11 Team Daedalus Fw190A models with accurate flight models, .dp files with correct guns, ordinance, and increased AI aggressiveness with historical I/JG11 paint schemes.

FW190A-5
    FW190A-6
    FW190A-7s with I/JG11 and additional III/JG11 paint schemes
    FW190A-7/R2
    FW190A-8
    FW190A-8 optimized as a fighter bomber
    FW190A-9
    FW190F-8

BR Bf109G-6/R6 with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel,

BR Bf109G-6AS with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel.

Bellied in BR Bf109 with historical II/JG11 paint scheme.

A new Luftwaffe UIRES campaign screens set with actual color period photographs, new accurate medals, awards, and ranks. Two new Country.cfg filed are provided allowing you to choose to fly either as a non-commissioned pilot or as a commissioned officer.

The pilot names are taken from those of actual JG/11 pilots.

A set of German radio calls and action radio chatter is included to increase immersion, taken from CFS1 and IL-2 voice clips.

Luftwaffe ground figures.

2 upgraded Fdg2 P-51B/C Mustangs with all new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new panels with new gauges by Ali Cat, and historical 354th FG paint schemes.

2 upgraded Alpha P-51D models with new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new accurate panels with new gauges by Ali Cat.

Allen’s P-47 and B-24J.

Thicko’s Yak-9, Pe-2 and IL-2.

DCC P-38s.

YAS Spitfire Mk IX.

Morton historical skins.

New high resolution paint schemes for stock CFS2 buildings making them suitable for European theater buildings.

2 new campaign intro videos.

This campaign requires the CFS2 European Theater scenery add-ons from Rhumbaflappy, Sander de Cocq, Achim27619, Ettico, and other talented designers which thoroughly transform CFS2 into a Europe of the 1940’s. Instructions to create a CFS2 European Theater are provided

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945 Part 2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945 Part 1.zip

Description: Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945

Part 1 of 2 parts. Both parts are required.

This is a comprehensive campaign which will provide an immersive environment taking you into the experience of a Luftwaffe fighter pilot during the last 2 ½ years of the war. My objective was to recreate a Luftwaffe Jagdgruppe’s mid to late war experience as close to the historical record as possible. I chose JG11 and focused on one Gruppe, I/JG11 because it was formed in 1943 and had the gamut of missions from intercepting the massive USAAF daytime bomber formations, opposing the Allies’ invasion of France performing ground attacks and finally being transferred to the Eastern Front to oppose the Soviets.

The package includes:

14 new Luftwaffe airbases used by I/JG11 as they were moved around across France and Germany.

11 Team Daedalus Fw190A models with accurate flight models, .dp files with correct guns, ordinance, and increased AI aggressiveness with historical I/JG11 paint schemes.

FW190A-5
    FW190A-6
    FW190A-7/R2
    FW190A-8
    FW190A-9
    FW190F-8

BR Bf109G-6/R6 with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel,

BR Bf109G-6AS with historical II/JG11 paint scheme, new flight model and new panel.

A new Luftwaffe UIRES campaign screens set with actual color period photographs, new accurate medals, awards, and ranks. Two new Country.cfg filed are provided allowing you to choose to fly either as a non-commissioned pilot or as a commissioned officer.

A set of German radio calls and action radio chatter is included to increase immersion, taken from CFS1 and IL-2 voice clips.

2 upgraded Fdg2 P-51B/C Mustangs with all new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new panels with new gauges by Ali Cat, and historical 354th FG paint schemes.

2 upgraded Alpha P-51D models with new accurate flight models, new .dp files to increase AI aggressiveness, adding correct drop tanks, new accurate panels with new gauges by Ali Cat.

Allen’s P-47 and B-24J.

DCC P-38s.

YAS Spitfire Mk IX.

Morton historical skins.

New high resolution paint schemes for stock CFS2 buildings making them suitable for European theater buildings.

This campaign requires the CFS2 European Theater scenery add-ons from Rhumbaflappy, Sander de Cocq, Achim27619, Ettico, and other talented designers which thoroughly transform CFS2 into a Europe of the 1940’s. Instructions to create a CFS2 European Theater are provided.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Jagdgeschwader 11 in der Reichsverteidigung 1943 bis 1945 Part 1.zip

Glad to see some use of my aircrafts!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

Many thanks for your efforts on this. I always look forward to these releases...the history lessons are incredible, not to mention your work on flight models and AI modeling.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Oh wow!

Thanks muchly CK.

Thanks Captain Kurt. Your work is always fantastic. Looking forward to this.

msfossey

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Captain Kurt's Opus Magnus!!!

Beautiful work Captain Kurt! Just like Rami said, your campaigns are true history lessons. Besides, repaints and Flight Model mods to top the missions off. It must have been one hell of an effort completing it!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Icon28 Reply...

Stefano,

Absolutely. It took him over a year to complete, and it's also always interesting to see the war from the "other side" rather than American, Soviet, or British perspectives.

It's a shame that only a handful of people have commented, despite all the downloads. Working on the other side in Mission Builder, I am all too aware about the effort it takes to build, test, tweak, retest, repeat...etc.

After that much effort to push it out the door, it kind of deflates the balloon, if you will.
    "Rami"

Just downloaded and installed it!

Thanks a lot, Kurt, I was looking forward to this campaign ever since you announced it!

Now I´ll do a few training flights in the FW-190 in Free Flight, and then I´ll see how far I get.

My Fw 190 had no Pilot modells.

The game search the FW channel pilot Modell.

Where can i find this?

Icon22 Reply...

ElsnerMarkus,

It's within this Team Daedalus package: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=54&id=18340
    "Rami"

Edit, Sry i had found it in the Folder that Ramy called.
    I had forget to edit the Post

Sorry for a other ask.

I search the german 88 mm Flak. I Find nothing in the Flak Package by TAF

Icon22 Reply...

ElsnerMarkus,

That Flak gun dates back to the original Polish campaign. I have attached it for you. Just put the files where they need to.
    "Rami"

Hmm, both of these should have automatically loaded. I am far from home and can't check this until the middle of next week. Thanks for the heads up ElsnerMarkus. I appreciate feed back.

And thanks to those who left encouragement replies.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Library Staff
    Hi Kurt,

When you get back, Störmede.bmp needs to be added to the relevant texture folder. It was inadvertently left out.

Thanks,

Kevin

Roger that Kevin, thank you for the heads up!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

SOH-CM-2023
    Really great job on this campaign, Kurt. After I get my CFS2 desktop fixed, I shall be loading this one up.

Just for my own edification, what is it that you do to a .dp file to increase AI aggressiveness ?

Thank You.

Thanks kdriver and ElsnerMarkus for reporting the missing files. I have uploaded a new installer to correct and have asked Rami to replace the original file with the corrected installer.

For those who have already downloaded the Part 2 installer, here are the missing files which you can manually add to your install rather than doing it all over again.

Attachment 34962
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Jagdgeschwader 11 Installer Part 2.zip

Description: Note: This package was replaced on 13 February, 2015 to include several missing files.

Part 2 of 2 parts. Both parts are required.

The package includes:

FW190A-5
    FW190A-6
    FW190A-7/R2
    FW190A-8
    FW190A-9
    FW190F-8

Allen’s P-47 and B-24J.

DCC P-38s.

YAS Spitfire Mk IX.

Morton historical skins.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Jagdgeschwader 11 Installer Part 2.zip

Reply...

Kurt,

I moved this back up to the top of the pile for you. Great work!
    "Rami"

I just finished flying Mission No. 9, and found a small Problem:
    When approaching Störmede airfield, there is just a big black square where the airfield should be..
    Looking into the JG-11 airbases folder, I noticed that there is no texture file for this airfield, while the others are there, probably this is the reason for the black square?

This is a great campaign, I´m really enjoying it! Thanks again for it, Kurt!

Hi Wolfgang

Go back up about 5 posts in this thread. The Stormede texture was one of several files I missed. I attached the missing files here in a post above here. It's still active so you can get the files without downloading the whole campaign once more.

Glad you are enjoying the campaign. I look forward to trying you Sicily campaign.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 0