Nice one Peter

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    WIP...

Please let us know when it's released!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Another small donation to the Dove repaint population!

Many thanks Peter!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for the feedback. I thought there would be no cabin, but I don't really miss cabins in most models so that is not an issue. I would agree re the Heron which is very good indeed. Interesting or curious that there are no mixture controls. Well when I am finished flogging around in the Mallard might be time to do the Dove.

The Dove didn't need mixture controls, the engines being supercharged and fuel injected

Atb
    DaveB

Repaints ?

Just checking to see If there is any in repaints being done. For the Dove&Devon.

Currently working on a Sea Devon - XK895 when painted as a Admiral's barge, based at HMS Daedalus(RNAS Lee-on-Solent).

Apologies for the green roof aerial on the right of the canopy but the aerial is texture mapped to the right upper wing root so there is a choice, either a green aerial or a white bar across the wing root! You would perhaps be forgiven for thinking that the texture mapping was done deliberately to p*ss off painters but personally I believe it is lack of attention to detail as the Sea Devon paint include in the JF package has one white aerial and one grey aerial!
    Oh well, carry on regardless.

Peter W

There is a patch coming which addresses a few minor bugs and customer comments. This "lack of attention to detail"will be addressed in that.

Don't forget the missing AE under the LH wing!

Hats off for sticking with it Peter. It'll be welcome despite the glitches
    ATB
    DaveB

Several of the posts re the discussion of repaints have been moved over to the dedicated 'Dove Repainters' thread at the request of a responsible person (aka 'Pat') to focus on that subject.

Do not be alarmed, just a little housekeeping!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I see my post went AWOL along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yes Dave, I noticed that!
    Still, I guess we should not complain as we do not want to be covered by the 'See? Painters getting hot and bothered are their own worst enemy....' syndrome. That has to be one of the most non-value adding comments I have seen on this site.
    The painters who have commented on the Dove paintkit / texture mapping have and continue to spend a lot of time and effort producing free additions for the flightsim community and unlike some others, do not merely contribute opinion and criticism.
    I have to say that the Dove is a superb model and I will continue to paint it. The paintkit could be more user-friendly but so what - at least there is a paintkit. Other than double texture mapping there has so far been no issue I cannot get around - I have worked with a lot worse paint kits(BTW Bazzar, please do not see this as a challenge when you get to the paintkit for the forthcoming Mosquito! - looks an excellent model once again!).
    Note to Aussieman, Dave, Markus and others - do NOT give up on the Dove.

Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I noticed that too. For those who missed it, Dave responded that the rudder could still have been on the same map as the fin and he's quite right. The material settings are in the mdl

You continue to chip away Peter I've moved on to the RA Spit for now. Had the model for years but have only recently downloaded the PK. I'll return to the Dove/Devon at some point but I'm hoping you'll have done all the paints I want by then!!
    ATB
    DaveB

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    You will find them here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ove-repainters

I created the thread and got any posts referring to painting problems moved here. I was a little concerned that the release thread was being hijacked. Nothing has been lost, just in a different thread.

And Peter I haven't given up on the Dove repainting yet.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Yes Dave, I noticed that!
    Still, I guess we should not complain as we do not want to be covered by the 'See? Painters getting hot and bothered are their own worst enemy....' syndrome. That has to be one of the most non-value adding comments I have seen on this site.
    The painters who have commented on the Dove paintkit / texture mapping have and continue to spend a lot of time and effort producing free additions for the flightsim community and unlike some others, do not merely contribute opinion and criticism.
    I have to say that the Dove is a superb model and I will continue to paint it. The paintkit could be more user-friendly but so what - at least there is a paintkit. Other than double texture mapping there has so far been no issue I cannot get around - I have worked with a lot worse paint kits(BTW Bazzar, please do not see this as a challenge when you get to the paintkit for the forthcoming Mosquito! - looks an excellent model once again!).
    Note to Aussieman, Dave, Markus and others - do NOT give up on the Dove.

Peter W
    Sorry...I HAVE to respond.
    My comment was/is humour...as I too am a painter. I, too have to grumble about idiosyncrasies of 'annoying' model texture mapping.
    So far I've also managed to survive creating two High resolution paintkits, correcting per-pixel anomalies....and both essentially from scratch [no paintkit existed].
    So please don't include me in 'like some others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Sorry...I HAVE to respond.
    My comment was/is humour...as I too am a painter. I, too have to grumble about idiosyncrasies of 'annoying' model texture mapping.
    So far I've also managed to survive creating two High resolution paintkits, correcting per-pixel anomalies....and both essentially from scratch [no paintkit existed].
    So please don't include me in 'like some others'.
    Fair play Jafo and point taken. I guess the humour in the comment escaped me, perhaps I need to lighten up a bit! With your experience and capabilities it would be great if you could tackle the Dove as well - there are far too many schemes to be done! I also have had to create paintkits from scratch, the Avro Anson being the biggest challenge I came across although the texture mapping of that model is excellent.

regards, Peter W

Just a HU, received a email from JustFlight today stating that the new Service Pack software is now available.

Continuing with the Royal Navy Devons, and thanks Bazzar for sorting out the roof aerial issue - much appreciated!

Peter W

Looking very smart Peter.

Great paint Peter, It is a gorgeous aircraft to go ripping around New Zealand in

Great work Peter. Will grab this when it hits the library as I like to fly in a region with aircraft registered to that region. Occasionally I do break that rule.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Some great paints out for this bird. New service pack is out as well.

I got interrupted by work, but the Apache is almost done.

-Bob

A good stable mate for the Heron.

Cheers
    Pat

We've just updated the installer again to add a new version of the paint kit. The changes are listed here - http://www.justflight.com/support/dove-devon/631b4d2
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

I see there's some new liveries in the SP too.

Members who have read this thread: 10