Yak9T - collectors version.. LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yak9T - collectors version.. LOL

Yak9T - collectors version.. LOL

Hi,

I want to show what I did to Duffort's Yak9. It shure could use som new textures and 2D panel after all these years. Admit I spent a few hours to get these detailed textures right.

Frankly, if he had any interest in it at all , I dont think Mr. Duffort would care to waste any energy on this matter 14 years after he made it. Nevertheless.. I'm not going to upload it here at SOH or advertise it on any other official forum anyway.

But of course I dont mind sharing them privately. Those who know me have the "address"...

Mortn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yak9-panel.jpg   Yak9t-1.jpg   Yak9t-2.jpg   Yak9t-3.jpg   Yak9t-4.jpg   Yak9t-5.jpg  

Yak9t-6.jpg   Yak9t-7.jpg  

Morton,
    The SOH does not want to deal with that, BUT as we talked months back,
    I have the perms so send it to me and I will post it in the Knifemakers Collection

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/BDPLanes.htm

He and I go way back, If he has a problem with it...I will just delete it.

Send it on,

Dave
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I believe that Dave can make it work. Bruno isn't at all difficult to deal with unless you piss him off. Having his permission is a big step in the right direction.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Some NKAF skins for the U & or P would be great!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Amazing beauty!

Splendid repaints for a top notch model, still looking and performing great after 14 years!

Morton's fine artworks are definitely a high tribute to Bruno Duffort's master airplane design skills. I truly hope to be able to download them from The Freeflightsite!
    Thank you, Morton!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Kelti, you know where Morton's collection of skin jpeg's is, right?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Morton,
    The SOH does not want to deal with that, BUT as we talked months back,
    I have the perms so send it to me and I will post it in the Knifemakers Collection

He and I go way back, If he has a problem with it...I will just delete it.

Send it on,

Dave

Will do. Coming this evening

Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Kelti, you know where Morton's collection of skin jpeg's is, right?
    Yes I do, Capt. Kurt, thank you! How could I miss it?

Morton:

Are your repaints posted already? I don't see them over at TheFreeFlightsite.

KH

Icon22 Reply...

Morton,

What an outstanding job, thank you!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Yak 9 T upgrade...ready for download

4 great skins and one hell of a panel

Yak 9T upgrade package
    by Morton
    4 very detailed skins
    high res 2D panel for wide screen
    working virtual cockpit
    gauge package included
    click image for large view

Download ****

Ready for download at the FFS:

Thanks Morton,

Dave

No Dice.. cool! Thanks for assistance.

Mortn

Thanks to Morton and No Dice for your efforts. Just got this newest and will enjoy adding her to my flight line.

Great work guys! Suddenly I realised what I was missing. A decent Russian fighter!

Thanks,
    Huub

Excellent as usual Morton !!!!!

I would like to convert the panel to 1024 x 768 format without those crude black edges of wind screen.
    How can I do ????

Blog Entries

Might this be what you are looking for?

Will be available as usual... (still subject to a few cosmetic additions) Comments and/or suggestions welcome...

G.

PS: Fani,
    sto per inviarti quello che ho promesso...

Icon14 Oh, YES!

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    4 great skins and one hell of a panel

Yak 9T upgrade package
    by Morton
    4 very detailed skins
    high res 2D panel for wide screen
    working virtual cockpit
    gauge package included
    click image for large view

Download ****

Ready for download at the FFS:

Thanks Morton,

Dave
    Got e'm!!

THANK YOU, DAVE!!!

KH

Kelticheart, that's good.
    Lets's hope it stays there. Might open for some more rework of classic oldies.

Say, suddenly occured to me. North Italia, south of Milano.. Me and my wife spent a long weekend in Bergamo in October-November. You know, very cheap flights to this city. Milano too noisy and busy for my taste, but Bergamo was a perfect place for 4 nightsl! Escpecially Citta Alta. In Norway it was 5-6 degrees and rainy at that time, in Bergamo it was 17-19 degrees and sunny.

Morton

Morton,
    "In Norway it was 5-6 degrees and rainy at that time, in Bergamo it was 17-19 degrees and sunny."

At first glance...until my brain kicked in, I thought you may be nutts....Until I converted from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

Being in South Mississippi even 19 Celsius is a bit to cold for me, 19 Fahrenheit and I would move further south.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

Will be available as usual... (still subject to a few cosmetic additions) Comments and/or suggestions welcome...

Gaucho, if you raise the hand-hold bar we can add the proper gauges underneath it so their upper edges don't appear to be sitting on top of the bar.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Blog Entries

One little problem...

The disposition of the bezels is exactly where they should be... in order to use this type of bmp background... one must have the proper Russian dials.... WITHOUT... screws, bezels, etc....
    just the circular face... (as they are quite faithfully reproduced in the surface detail of the panel I create) I do not use the standard instruments that belong with Hellcats, Corsairs, etc. Those are really meant for a panel without any surface details..
    (they are included with the gauge file... but generally quite crudely executed) and indeed, if you use those... they seem to hang in the air ... out of place so to speak...
    However, if you fish around... there are many sets of gauges that do not include bezels... they are just circular faces...
    or (as I do in my aircraft)... I revise those "WHOLE" gauges and eliminate outside details that are too crude for my taste... sometimes, I make a more realistic gauge bmp... and make the panel without surface details like screws, etc.'
    putting a lot of artwork into the gauge bmp itself... In sum... I enjoy tinkering with the art work...
    I seek to produce panels that "look more realistic in the sim"... (for my taste) trying to go with photographs or good drawings that do so...
    So, in the final analysis, moving the bar would do no justice to the artistic effort put through... and, at any rate, in this case, there are no flight instruments behind the bar... so it would be a lot of work for nothing...
    Notice that the original bmp on the panel loaded with the aircraft... the artwork is pretty poor... like a copy, of a copy, of a copy... devoid of the details that make a panel "come alive"...
    so the result is "sharp instruments" (in the gauges) surrounded by rather crude artwork... At any rate... it is a matter of one's taste.... I see a panel that looks like that and try to do some "plastic surgery" to make it
    look more "realistic" (not really... if one wants realism... there is no substitute for a good sharp photo... lol)

If one uses a program like GauBMP... it is very easy to change "whole" gauges to suit anyone's desires... like eliminate the bezels and the screws...which has no effect in the gau function at all... and can be adapted to any panel...
    often times... gauges have Phillips screws... which were not invented until the 1940s... and are supposed to be used on an aircraft of the 30s...etc.
    In my FS2004 thread I did some tutuorials on how to change gaude bmps...

Cheers,
    G.

Modify Panels

This file contains all of the programs you will ever need to create
    modify or adjust your panels, follow each read me for installation
    CFGedit, gaubmp2, mkpink, scalemaker all in one bundle
    Click image to download****

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm

Dave

[QUOTE=gaucho_59;1002743
    I seek to produce panels that "look more realistic in the sim"... (for my taste) trying to go with photographs or good drawings that do so...
    Notice that the original bmp on the panel loaded with the aircraft... the artwork is pretty poor... like a copy, of a copy, of a copy... devoid of the details that make a panel "come alive"...
    so the result is "sharp instruments" (in the gauges) surrounded by rather crude artwork... At any rate... it is a matter of one's taste.... I see a panel that looks like that and try to do some "plastic surgery" to make it look more "realistic" (not really... if one wants realism... there is no substitute for a good sharp photo... lol)
    Cheers,
    G.[/QUOTE]

I usually dont waste energy commenting other's work unless positively ment. However, in this case I must be allowed to answer Gaucho's post. First of all I've noticed that Mr.Gaucho has a habit of posting his remakes of my panels. Now, I'm not going to claim any copyrights, I never do in CFS2. It's a hobby. But his statements about other people poor artwork pisses me off so I'm going to answer back.
    Ok, it's a matter of taste so here's my opinion. His polished reworks has nothing to do with realism. To me they look like cartoons. If my bitmaps had any realism in it at all, it's gone when you remove all scratches, imperfections and signs of wear. Nothing looks like that in the real world. But it's an open sky, people should do what they like..

Morton

I use FSPanel Studio and various other tools, but thanks for the suggestions.

Gaucho, with regards to the suggestion i made (which you invited i might add) a picture is worth a thousand words:

Now, mind you, i could very easily enjoy the work while omitting the gauges over the bar, but i just wanted to see if it was feasible to modify or make adjustments in your workshop, since its "still subject to a few cosmetic additions" as you said. My comment was never intended as a criticism, but a simple user request.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    I usually dont waste energy commenting other's work unless positively ment. However, in this case I must be allowed to answer Gaucho's post. First of all I've noticed that Mr.Gaucho has a habit of posting his remakes of my panels. Now, I'm not going to claim any copyrights, I never do in CFS2. It's a hobby. But his statements about other people poor artwork pisses me off so I'm going to answer back.
    Ok, it's a matter of taste so here's my opinion. His polished reworks has nothing to do with realism. To me they look like cartoons. If my bitmaps had any realism in it at all, it's gone when you remove all scratches, imperfections and signs of wear. Nothing looks like that in the real world. But it's an open sky, people should do what they like..

Morton
    Morton:
    Sorry about that... in the first place...by your own admission...quite a while ago you said that to me in a post (when I asked you what program you use to do them...you answered that you just got them from the net, and now l know where mostly... for I have seen original Japanese ones that are very much like those you do...In sum your panels are not ORIGINAL work!!! so your panels are just remakes as mines... the quality of the artwork...of course depends on likes and dislikes of individual people... you like yours... I like mine...
    THERE IS NO COPYRIGHT CLAIM when THE ORIGINAL WORK IS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN!!! SO DON'T BE PISSED OFF!
    If you notice...what I said about the "realism'... "was tongue in cheek"... if one wants realism... a photo is it!!! Now, rivets that look like saucers are not very realistic either... so I correct some of those things... like errors of perspective, etc.
    to suit MY taste... not anybody else's...
    If anyone likes my panel backgrounds I make them available... if one doesn't NO PROBLEM... you just don't ask for it...
    I am very secure in my artwork... so long as I like it... it is OK... no "one upmanship here"...
    I must say though... that the numbers of people who follow my threads attest to the fact that someone finds them interesting...lol and if my panels look like cartoons.. I really don't know what yours look like... photos perhaps??? lol
    So be cool man... nobody is usurping your rightful place as a GREAT ARTIST... I must say... I really like most of your textures... the panels.. no so much... they can be improved... remember rivets and screw heads are not saucers...
    and perspective should be realistic... those are not MY opinion... the physical laws apply to everyone... By the way... if you see most of my panels.. they do show wear...most of the time

Cheers,
    G.

Blog Entries

No offense taken...

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    I use FSPanel Studio and various other tools, but thanks for the suggestions.

Gaucho, with regards to the suggestion i made (which you invited i might add) a picture is worth a thousand words:

Now, mind you, i could very easily enjoy the work while omitting the gauges over the bar, but i just wanted to see if it was feasible to modify or make adjustments in your workshop, since its "still subject to a few cosmetic additions" as you said. My comment was never intended as a criticism, but a simple user request.
    No problem... it is just that changing the bar would entail a lot of work and I am lazy... lol and for my purposes in flying it works OK... I only use elemental flying instruments... the rest are for "eye candy"...
    However, if you are really interested in the panel with a higher hand bar... I can do it just for you... just PM me with what you specifically want...
    Thanks for the suggestion...
    Looking closer at your picture, I can see what you mean... which is exactly what I was explaining... notice that with those gauges...a panel without details would work better... because obviously the screws don't match
    the spots in original panel... like I said... GauBmp is a very simple program that lets you eliminate bezels and screws easily... but again, it takes a little work... and one has to find fun in doing that tinkering...

Cheers,
    G.

Members who have read this thread: 0