how many of you

Thread: how many of you

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

how many of you

old farts can relate to this ?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/J55S38xwxnQ?rel=0

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Spot on, wish I could go back there.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    [2] good post this morning... I'm a 1956er myself.

Yes, I remember and value almost all of that !

Blog Entries
    yep I remember the first McDonalds in my town 15cent hamburgers
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    tonight when I win the lottery I will go out looking for the land that made me me.
    1 traffic light and with cops who arrest criminals. "Mayberry"
    Look What I Have Become!

My birth town of Wachula, Florida at one time had a traffic light. When it broke they couldn't afford to fix it so the stop sign went back up and stayed there for the next 23 years. Eventually the state stepped in and replaced the broken traffic light. The town cop (yeah, there was only one!) spent most of his day in the coffee shop. He'd use his radio to call the next town up or down road if he saw someone blowing the stop sign and ask them to stop the offender. Lazy man he was!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Yes, if a time machine was reality, I would go back to that time. Life was simpler. Not the electronic age of today, where people don't talk to each other - but spend all their time staring at their "smart" phones. Speaking of which, I do NOT own a cell phone, nor will I ever.

Good video, thanks. Makes me feel sorry for todays generation. NC

SOH-CM-2023
    Looking at the BBC News today I should think Obama could have used this in his speech. Now thats from a Brit & I can relate to a lot of it because of my age!
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    He'd use his radio to call the next town up or down road if he saw someone blowing the stop sign and ask them to stop the offender. Lazy man he was!
    No thats enterprise.........why waste gas & energy chasing someone......
    Keith

Hey All,

Nice but you can never ever go back. Population growth, demographics and technology say so. I miss it too but my children and other children don't as they never knew it and never will. You only really know what you directly have experienced - a sad revelation when I realized I can never directly transfer my life's experience directly to my children.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    yep I remember the first McDonalds in my town 15cent hamburgers
    I do as well. It went up in Aurora, Colorado on East Colfax and Poplar Street.... or there abouts. There was a neon sign showing the little chef running along as he carried the 15 cent sign, and a platter of hamburgers.

Man, have things changed since the last time I visited "The Land That Made Me Me"..... That was a good viddie, AussieMan.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 0