Here or Aussiex sit for ETO Bomber Command advice ?

Thread: Here or Aussiex sit for ETO Bomber Command advice ?

Here or Aussiex sit for ETO Bomber Command advice ?

Hi,
    Last time I was looking into flying Bomber Command I had helpful replies here, but is there an ETO section here, as it uses CFS3, or is it now moved to aussiex website ?
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...t-sim-support/

What is the latest up to date files for flying Stirling, Hampden etc in an all WW2 scenery , airfields etc.

I have got as far as next step, the ETO hotfix but not sure what make 100% sure its in era 1 means I have to do prior to install.

Cheers

BOBC

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    Last time I was looking into flying Bomber Command I had helpful replies here, but is there an ETO section here, as it uses CFS3, or is it now moved to aussiex website ?
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...t-sim-support/

What is the latest up to date files for flying Stirling, Hampden etc in an all WW2 scenery , airfields etc.

I have got as far as next step, the ETO hotfix but not sure what make 100% sure its in era 1 means I have to do prior to install.

Cheers

BOBC
    ETO advice is quite available here, as well as at Aussiex.

Here is what is needed for ETO: ETO 1.0, ETO 1.20, ETO 1.40, ETO 1.40 Hotfix, and ETO 1.50. This will give a full ETO install.

I will state this. Before installing ANYTHING into CFS3 ETO EXPANSION, especially any updates, you MUST start ETO in Era 1 and then exit, AND set te CFS3 ETO Expansion Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode.

If you don't do these two things, you may well corrupt your ETO install.

If you do, it is possible to fix, but we can cover that later.

And please DO NOT use missions or campaigns made for stock CFS3 in CFS3 ETO Expansion. Stock CFS3 does NOT use the Era system. There are many different sets of airfields and other items in ETO, all arranged in the varying Eras.

I am not sure right now if there is a player-flyable Stirling in ETO. I think we have an AI version. I am also not sure of a Hampden. Please give me a few days to check this.

I hope this helps.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Hi,
    Thanks, you mention ETO 1.5 so having done hotfix, I was about to install the bomber missions cologne etc.
    These were brought out before the ETO1.5 so is it ok to still install them whilst trying to find download 1.5 ?
    I now need ETO 1.5 you say, where does one get the download from ?
    I think its just out, am I right ?
    all installs I firstly run sim 1 then 2 through to 5 then spawn #1 before next install, following the videos exactly, (they are a godsend, Thank you Tailwind)
    when it comes to the hotfix follow the readme. I ran just era 1 then spawn #1

Await data on Stirling, hampden etc.

Cheers
    BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly50 View Post
    ETO advice is quite available here, as well as at Aussiex.

Here is what is needed for ETO: ETO 1.0, ETO 1.20, ETO 1.40, ETO 1.40 Hotfix, and ETO 1.50. This will give a full ETO install.

I will state this. Before installing ANYTHING into CFS3 ETO EXPANSION, especially any updates, you MUST start ETO in Era 1 and then exit, AND set te CFS3 ETO Expansion Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode.

If you don't do these two things, you may well corrupt your ETO install.

If you do, it is possible to fix, but we can cover that later.

And please DO NOT use missions or campaigns made for stock CFS3 in CFS3 ETO Expansion. Stock CFS3 does NOT use the Era system. There are many different sets of airfields and other items in ETO, all arranged in the varying Eras.

I am not sure right now if there is a player-flyable Stirling in ETO. I think we have an AI version. I am also not sure of a Hampden. Please give me a few days to check this.

I hope this helps.

BOBC,

You don't really need to run ETO in all Eras before installation. Just run in Era 1 and Exit, and set the CFS3 ETO Expansion Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode. Then install new items.

ETO has to be in Era 1 when installing any ETO Update or you will corrupt your global layers and several other things. Also, Spawn Selector must be set to Stock Spawn Mode or your spawns will be corrupted.

ETO 1.50 is at Aussiex. I think it's been out for about a year or so.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

BOBC,

You don't really need to run ETO in all Eras before installation. Just run in Era 1 and Exit, and set the CFS3 ETO Expansion Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode. Then install new items.

ETO has to be in Era 1 when installing any ETO Update or you will corrupt your global layers and several other things. Also, Spawn Selector must be set to Stock Spawn Mode or your spawns will be corrupted.

ETO 1.50 is at Aussiex. I think it's been out for about a year or so.
    Hi, I found ETO 1.5 by googling it
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-install-pack/

You have me worried, the videos we are told to follow have us install 1.0 then run era1 then era 2 then 3 then 4 then 5, then spawn selector #1 stock spawn mode,
    then install ETO 1.2 and again it says at end of that to run era1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 then spawn selector #1 spawn stock mode
    then install ETO 1.4 and again when done it says run era 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5
    I have followed all that religiously as was told to do exactly the steps.
    then install Hotfix which requires to firstly JUST RUN era1, i do that, then spawn selector #1 spawn stock mode, I do that, then run hotfix. then bdpzapper immediately.

Now you say
    ETO has to be in Era 1 when installing any ETO Update or you will corrupt your global layers and several other things.
    but the video with those steps followed see us in era 5 before the next update, it doesnt start by saying run era 1 again after era 5 is done.

I do a flight as it says to do, it flies, is that showing its ok or would the steps be wrong and is it only when I come to do something more advanced will i find out ?

having been so keen to get it right and been told to follow the video exactly, this is confusing /worrying if I should have run era 1 before an update when video sees last flight on era5 before an update.

Also, having done a clean install of CFS3 then the two Msoft updates, then ETO1 then 1.2 then 1.4 then hotfix then, 1.5 and nothing but installs, no combat missions flown , no user prefs made etc (simply getting all this on so as to start using ETO), isnt it possible to have an ETO created for a clean install that just does the whole progression in one go ? far easier for us all ?

BOBC

BOBC,

For the record, I wrote the installation instructions. Trust me, please set ETO to Era 1 and the Spawn Selector to #1, Stock Spawn Mode before installing ANY ETO Update. I would NOT lead you astray.

For the sake of clarity, yes, ETO has an AI Stirling, but no Hampden as yet. I believe someone was working on that item, but i can't remember who.

You would need AIREd program to change the plane's *.air file to make it player flyable.

You can quickly and easily tell if your global layers are corrupted by going into Era 1 and looking for the Spanish airfields. If they are not available, the global layers are corrupted.

If you DID install into Era 5, PLEASE DO NOT PANIC.

Just go into your CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder and look for this folder: CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs.

Then look for a document named ERA Files Restore Rev 1.40.rtf or ERA Files Restore Rev 1.50.rtf.

Follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Keep us informed.

I'll have to look at those videos.

And please follow the written installation instructions exactly.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Hi,
    he runs 1 then 2 etc at 09:24 in video on eto1.0
    However, I run the eto 1 to 1.2 update video again and at start he says run 1 then spawn 1, damn, somehow I missed that, yet I wrote notes on the video from the start, how i missed that I do not know, as I also missed it for 1.2 to 1.4, hells bells, I cannot see how I missed that twice let alone once. Its as if the video never ran from start.

damn ! So glad you mentioned this. Altering notes right now and watching start of each video twice moving slider fully left each time !!!

As I have sound crackling on left speaker after all this, I am maybe going to revert to my PC backup made before installing CFS3 when sound was fine and start over ! whole day and a bit wasted.

I shall however try for uninstalling it all first.

To uninstall it all, I have gone into control panel>progs and features, I see CFS3 but no ETO, on the days it was installed. Why is that.?

I right click on CFS3 and do an uninstall of CFS3 and then look in on Program Files(x86) and still see a CFS3 folder and also still see the ETO expansion folder there full of files.
    I would like to avoid reverting to backup as I also then had to resinstate sound as well as a printer driver, taken hours, but reverting to backup will mean redoing that as well.
    Scary as a backup should be ok, but if its missing one minute bit, my PC will start to dig a hole and crawl into it. Also the rigmarole of email reinstate as Msoft insist on users files ending up on C drive, all those I create I put on D drive ! Msoft archaic approach to life.

What do I have to do to cleanse PC and start over ? I imagine that ETO put CFS3 into x86 so thats why uninstall CFS3 didnt remove it, only the Program Files side of things, not Program Files (x86).
    In it there is Backup with 29 files, help with 39 files and a folder, cfs3.exe and a cfs3configdatabase.txt.bak file

No left speaker crackles now. I would like to move fwd rather than risk that backup and redo todays printer and sound fixes.

BOBC

BOBC,

For the record, I wrote the installation instructions. Trust me, please set ETO to Era 1 and the Spawn Selector to #1, Stock Spawn Mode before installing ANY ETO Update. I would NOT lead you astray.

Keep us informed.

I'll have to look at those videos.

And please follow the written installation instructions exactly.
    Last edited by BOBC; January 12th, 2016 at 07:40.

Members who have read this thread: 0