PZL Orlik

Thread: PZL Orlik

PZL Orlik

Jafo's cool fictional repaint for the Tucano got me wondering. What ever happened to Michael Puto's project for the FSX PZL Orlik? I really want that sexy turbine trainer ! Mike

"Sexy"?

Like a pug is sexy....

The Aussie phrase "she head-butts trams for a hobby" springs to mind. The poor thing is too short...

In the eye of the beholder kind sir ! Mike

Yes...I'm one of those strange creatures who even finds the E-type Jaguar 'ugly'. They got that one wrong with too upright an 'A' pillar and the resulting overly stunted side window that just accentuates the long/flat-lined front guards....not to mention their urge to have low wheel arches requiring the track to be too narrow for the body.

Studying Architecture and Design for 44 years tends to make you overly critical...

He joined A2A and it went to the backburner.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    "Sexy"?

Like a pug is sexy....

The Aussie phrase "she head-butts trams for a hobby" springs to mind. The poor thing is too short...
    Yes, it is : P !

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    What ever happened to Michael Puto's project for the FSX PZL Orlik? I really want that sexy turbine trainer ! Mike
    This project was deleted by author years ago :\.

Maybe one day IRIS will it? : )
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

How can i say this politely..., it is starting to become very anoying with you trying to hijack every thread with your desire for the antonov 70. Do you know how much time and effort which goes into making a fs model with todays quality standard? ... Probably a years time of work to get a good antonov model.

Please send a pm instead of hijacking threads..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    How can i say this politely..., it is starting to become very anoying with you trying to hijack every thread with your desire for the antonov 70. Do you know how much time and effort which goes into making a fs model with todays quality standard? ... Probably a years time of work to get a good antonov model.

Please send a pm instead of hijacking threads..
    Yes, I mean, if that's why?

tjsdn1375 will you please stop spamming this forum and hijacking threads. I can understand this behavior from a 10 year old kid or a mentally challenged person but I suppose you are a consenting adult so please start acting like one. And if you have difficulty understanding English, please use Google translate. Many of us are paying to keep this website afloat so please keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    tjsdn1375 will you please stop spamming this forum and hijacking threads. I can understand this behavior from a 10 year old kid or a mentally challenged person but I suppose you are a consenting adult so please start acting like one. And if you have difficulty understanding English, please use Google translate. Many of us are paying to keep this website afloat so please keep it clean.
    No Why is this to me. you

Getting back vaguely closer to topic....I didn't know the Orlik existed until the request for the Tucano paint.... and looking closely at the poor thing [as you do when you're painting them] it looks like the designers did everything they could to avoid simply extending the airframe and saving a heck of a lot of effort.

Add just a couple of feet to the fuselage length and improve the tail's 'moment' while keeping it clearer of the wing/fuse 'shadow' and you wouldn't need quite so much dorsal...ventral...winglets etc. to compensate...

So often with good design...if it LOOKS right it IS right ...

There are quite a few 'end results' for the same design brief - '2 seat trainer turboprop' and understandably they all look 'similar'....except the 'pug' ...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes, it is : P !

This project was deleted by author years ago :\.

Maybe one day IRIS will it? : )
    Maybe.. I'd love to, it's my kind of ugly. Just finding time to fit it into the already jammed schedule is difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1