Personal rides. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Personal rides.

Share your repaints, you talented artists. Don't hoard the wealth
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger85 View Post
    I can speak for most of us repainters here. You can find all our paints in the library here at SOH.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Sounds like me. I've done a lot of paints intending to upload them but somehow I get busy with the next one and they never make it here. Had to "force myself" this morning to drop the brushes so I could upload that Gee Bee before it got forgot about.

Willy
    I know you have also a Lodestar VC in progress since october - any intention to upload it ??? I would love to get it !

Please !

Cheers,

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by Badger85 View Post
    Most of what I haven't uploaded is a few years old and isn't up to my current standards. All of the unreleased stuff was done for FS9 and earlier anyway although some could be used with FS9 aircraft ported over, they still weren't done with extra detail that FSX allows. And some of the aircraft just don't work worth a darn in FSX anyway.

However, I've got plenty of stuff in the paint hanger that's waiting to be done. Some more Gee Bees, maybe a few L-10 Electras and whatever else strikes my fancy.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I know you have also a Lodestar VC in progress since october - any intention to upload it ??? I would love to get it !
    I don't know about a VC, but there are some unfinished Lodestar paints that I intend to get back to sooner or later. I cranked out so many Lodestars so fast that I came very close to getting totally burned out on the things. Also most of the Lodestars were done last fall while my wife was in the hospital and I had nothing to do there but paint on my laptop. I've got a few more Gee Bees I want to do and some Electras.

There are a couple of Beech Grizzlies I did a few weeks ago that just need a little polishing and some more P-80s.

I'm learning a couple of new to me paint programs and it's taking me longer to do a paint while I'm learning them as I'm making every mistake possible and having to go back over what I've already done. But that's how you learn and I'm really liking the results when it does come together.

I am no painter by any stretch, so no laughing.

The cub that made it around the world. Each country flown through had their flag emblem added to the left side. The World Map emblem behind the cockpit has the actual route flown during the flight. Riding in the back, is my dog at the time.

"Behind In My Painting" - Test bed B-29 to see if I could learn how to do repaints. That's Betty Page leaning on the paint brush nose art.

"Phony Express" - Never finshed, but one I racked a lot of hours in.

FAC257

Last two:

The Look Homeward Angel" - Never finished. This one had special meaning for me, as my father was the last flight engineer on the LHA. This repaint is slightly different than some of the LHA repaints that made the library. The full set of mission marks are based on a photo of the LHA taken just before they tried to bring her back to the States after the war. She never made it.

"Ice Princess" - She only come out of the hanger during the Christmas Holiday. :-)

FAC257

Nothing wrong with those!

It's been a couple of years and still in FS9 the last time I did an around the world. You're giving me ideas for the Gee Bee. I've flown the Wozza one from London to Melbourne, why not all the way?

Edit: Had to go back and look at the dog. Min Pin? We've got a few of those running around here.

Yeah, that's a Min-Pin.

FAC257

Yeah, it should probably be a P-51, but just can't help myself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 69stang_side.jpg   Screenshot11881.jpg  

Not counting the Mallard this is what I fly most lately. Fly it so much I haven't had time to have it painted or registered in the US of A.

Due to the weather, I haven't ridden lately. (I don't deliberately go out riding to be miserable.)
    After fifty some years riding two wheelers (1 Yamaha, 1 Suzuki, 3 Honda's and 5 BMW's) I found this one is fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0057.jpg   screenshot1310.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I don't know about a VC, but there are some unfinished Lodestar paints that I intend to get back to sooner or later.
    I am sorry, I don't want to harass you, but are you not the author of these posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    Did some more work on the VC. Added a notepad with 6 pages of good info to have at your fingertips like Vne and stall speeds. Still a work in progress, but it's a good start on it. While I was at it, I tossed the Sperry otto out the door and moved the overhead one into it's spot.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post988543
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post989739

I would like so much to get these "good info at [my] fingertips"...

Cheers - Gerard

gaab,

Check your PMs.

Willy

Blog Entries
    She fits like a comfy pair of old shoes.

A while back I did a makeover of my previous DAK skins with all new HD metal skin textures, specs and bumps. I've been kind of sitting on this set until the new cockpit is released. Nonetheless, this is one of my favorites when I just want to relax and fly a VFR somewhere scenic.

Prepar3D V3.1 using Dynamic Reflections.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    She fits like a comfy pair of old shoes.

A while back I did a makeover of my previous DAK skins with all new HD metal skin textures, specs and bumps. I've been kind of sitting on this set until the new cockpit is released. Nonetheless, this is one of my favorites when I just want to relax and fly a VFR somewhere scenic.

Prepar3D V3.1 using Dynamic Reflections.

That is a very realistic looking natural metal skin!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have a large collection of military aircraft but the one I keep going back to is this one. The other two are my passion. The duke was my younger brothers until he passed on from cancer in 2011 at 45, and I've had the Beemer from 1995. She now has 240,000km on her. Not much by American standards but I live in NZ and that amount of K's on our roads is OK. If any of you have driven or ridden on our highways you will know what I mean.

Cheers
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails He111H6_KG27.jpg   Scooter.jpg   thumper.jpg  

My two favorites. I even got them to smile for you.

Here is my other personal ride....

As of late, I'm normally beta testing several models at once, so my personal rides do not get the flight time as they once did. I use both helos (lately MV 530 or CH-47) and Tacpack (VRS, AS F-14, Iris A-10) aircraft to check scenery. After a payware purchase, I try to get my $$$ out of it. RW scenery gets checked with one of the following:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0298.jpg   VUSN-2012-oct-19-005.jpg   2015-1-17_23-40-4-985.jpg   10399605_48792756835_6865_n.jpg   12373313_10153124683526836_1106317031440841739_n.jpg  
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

If we are looking at Fords here's one I baked earlier.
    Actually it is getting on for 10 years since I finished it, a 'replica' GT40 built from a kit and powered by a 302 Ford SVO, quad Weber DCO45 carbs, a set of replica Gurney Weslake heads, stainless steel 'bundle of snakes' exhaust system and an odd collection of donor components.
    Considering selling it this year as I keep getting pulled over by Highway Patrol officers who want to have a look at it ............
    And I really should get on with my 'flat 6' restoration project that started in 1983.

Fresh out of the paint shop!

Lurking.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

How much would you ask for it? I drove one here in England around Goodwood and it was a lot of fun but broiling hot - the back of my shirt soaked through in minutes!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I don't have a singular favorite as a personal ride really. It's whatever suits the flying I'm about to do on that day or whatever I happen to be working on and want to do some flights with it to see how it looks in the air. Right now it's the reworked AlphaSim Phantom using the VC from Tim's T-2 Aircraft. I've repainted it (WIP) to closely resemble the F-4's of the 301st FW of the late 80's. Worked many hours over the years on the Egress System for those birds before we got the F-16's. I have a soft place in my heart for the Phantoms of the 301st/457th.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    How much would you ask for it? I drove one here in England around Goodwood and it was a lot of fun but broiling hot - the back of my shirt soaked through in minutes!
    Sounds like a severe lack of insulation around the radiator lines that run down the centre of the tub!
    What would I asking?
    Hard to put a rational price on it, five years building time, $A9,000,00 for the paint alone, US$13,000 for the engine and we sort of stopped counting when the other bills topped the A$200,000 mark!
    There have been a couple of 'offers' to consider, maybe the most tempting so far is close to A$395,000, but as our 'Pacific Peso' is only buying US$00.70 at the moment that figure looks a bit shabby on a count back.
    Of course, it would buy most of parts I need to finish my 911 restoration!
    Bloody crap exchange rates!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

My everyday ride...

My weekend ride...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D97.jpg   FWF4.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2