Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Great stuff Tankerguy. The Tracker was a big part of the CDF facilities at KRDD (Redding, CA). Definitely will add this beauty to the Redding landscape.
    Thanks! I'll be doing up different numbers afterwards. Can't remember the Redding tracker numbers off hand. I think in the 90s? 76 was from Columbia then moved down to Hemet.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    No above that one a couple spots is the FSX S2F-1
    Thanks, I found that one and installed it and ya know what, That's an S2 Tracker -ASW) a stoof with a little roof as I called em back in my old Navy Days.
    This is a great addon and glad to add it to my inventory. The VS designations denoted Anti-Sub squadron.

On the other hand, what I was looking for in native FSX was this C1 Trader (no little radar on the roof)
    And your fire bird looks like a formerly C1 Trader.

Your link also shows a S2 Turbo and is a FSX portover. I'm interested in a FSX Native C1 if one is out there somewhere.

This one would fly pax on off carriers and bring us our mail - before cell phones.

Nice glad you found it. I believe someone is doing a conversion for the C-1.

The tankers CDF used were S2F-1s, TS-2As, or US-2A or B. 76 was a TS-2A

Outstanding work on this project ! Mike

Blog Entries
    I actually have the C1A Trader in FSX already, native and all with specs and bump maps. I haven't done much work on it recently trying to get the Bell 222 at least finished, plus I picked up the Nemeth S76, KA26 and MI2 for FSX conversion recently and I am working once again with Milviz with a nice surprise I will see what's left to do on C1 and do a beta session with Uncle Milton.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    I actually have the C1A Trader in FSX already, native and all with specs and bump maps. I haven't done much work on it recently trying to get the Bell 222 at least finished, plus I picked up the Nemeth S76, KA26 and MI2 for FSX conversion recently and I am working once again with Milviz with a nice surprise I will see what's left to do on C1 and do a beta session with Uncle Milton.
    Thank you; will be happy to beta the C1A with you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Back from vacation and back to the grind. Starting on interior textures here is a preview of the retardant control panel

Blog Entries
    That is nothing less than AMAZING!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks Ted!

Take a break every so often and just fly. This is at Sedona doing the preflight

Thanks, yes I do all my work in FSX but do my flying in P3D

TG,

What's up with the suspension oleos there?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Plugging away on the VC, but took a little time out add some history to the sim. Created my first scenery object which is the main hangar at Hemet Ryan. Was the home of Hemet Valley Flying Service from the 60's to late 90's and they operated and maintained many S-2s from this hangar. Here are a few shots of it.

Icon23

This Tanker is looking absolutely awesome! The hangars not too shabby either.

Cheers,

Oh boy, this looks gorgeous! I don't regret buying FireFighterX with this Tracker and the TigerCat tanker on approach!

Just one Tracker newbie question : which Tracker model are you working on? Is this the S2AL or S2F? Just to know if the Sécurité Civile F-ZBAU livery will fit (little, tiny French bias )

Euroastar350 is working on the native FSX S2T Civilian Tanker, or has it in his list to do after his release of my C-1A Trader which was last month.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you! This is the S-2A and S-2AL (capped hawkbill nacelle) models. I pretty much have the exterior textures done and have moved to the VC and adding some details there.

I also have firefighter X and in my opinion is the best addon for FSX but that also has alot to do with the fact that I pretty much only fly airtankers in flight sim.

My English could be worse, but I am totally clueless about the "capped hawkhill" nacelles!
    Do you mean the "flat-faced" ones, not to be confused with the pointy ones?

Haha sorry the capped hawkbill ones would come to a point if you were looking from the top down. Those were seen more on the US-2A/Bs. The squared nacelle was more early S2F-1 or TS-2A. Anyway Milton graciously modeled both so both will be with this package.

Just FYI, but I've got one C-1A almost finished with some more in the pipeline.

BuNo 146027 is pretty much complete, just needs final inspection, making a thumbnail and packaging it all up.

BuNo 136754 is about 2/3 done. Actually just need to do the nacelles and cowlings, but on this one, those are going to be some of the toughest parts.

There's a couple more Navy ones I want to do and then some fictional civilian ones (The Trader should make one heck of a bush plane)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Just FYI, but I've got one C-1A almost finished with some more in the pipeline.

BuNo 146027 is pretty much complete, just needs final inspection, making a thumbnail and packaging it all up.

BuNo 136754 is about 2/3 done. Actually just need to do the nacelles and cowlings, but on this one, those are going to be some of the toughest parts.

There's a couple more Navy ones I want to do and then some fictional civilian ones (The Trader should make one heck of a bush plane)
    Willy, there is a cargo version of the C-1A, not native FSX however. You can click on the link in my signature to pull it up.

Or, see it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...A-Cargo-Hauler
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton! I might have found a new replacement for the ol' Twin Beech! Where'd I put that bucket of zinc chromate???

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Willy, there is a cargo version of the C-1A, not native FSX however. You can click on the link in my signature to pull it up.

Or, see it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...A-Cargo-Hauler
    Shameless plug for my own work here - I did a fictional civilian cargo livery for the C-1A when it was released (in fact, I got started on it before the plane went gold) with a redo of the interior to match. I recommend you take a look at it, as I'm really rather proud of my interior work.
    Here's the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Air-Cargo-Ltd
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Thanks! I've got a few civilian type cargo paints in mind as well. Just want to get the Navy ones out of the way first.

This project is still alive just have a few things going on in the RW (starting new career and getting married) but other than that I have lots of free time. Here are some WIP shots of the VC

Copilot seat

Center console with retardant delivery system

Overhead panel

Main panel

Members who have read this thread: 2