Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming to FSX S-2A Tracker

New career and getting married... Is that all?! Congrats on both counts.

The WIP looks great. Take your time; it sounds like you'll need to.

Cheers,

Thanks appreciate it. It is pretty busy around here but really want to get this project finished.

That's fine work!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Wow! Looking spectacular.

Cheers,

Superb work so far !!

Appreciate the comments. First time making gauges here so starting with the background detail. Trying to get this as realistic as possible

Really nice!

Will you be able to make a standard COD version of your beautiful work when you have finished the tanker? I made a texture (available here) of "Miss America" the CVA-66 USS AMERICA COD for Milton's C1A when it was released. I've done a 2D panel for it but your VC is just fantastic and I would like to be able to add it in original C1A version to my "Miss America".

Richard

That could be a possiblity. Still alot left to do on this one so only time will tell.

thanks

Thank you for all your work. I had the opportunity 25 years ago at Fresno to climb all over their "Boneyard" of Stoofs and spent some time with my Nikon "in the days B4 digital" on the converted aircraft and talking with the Rangers. They were really nice. At that time my intention was to make a large scale RC C1A. Was out in Fresno to visit my Mom and Dad who are now gone but my sister and her family still live there. I don't know what is left there now. That was their spare parts store to keep the others going.

Will follow your thread here and patiently wait hoping that you can find the time. I know a lot of guys here who would also love a native FSX C1A as much as I would. Beautiful work.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    ... {snipped} I know a lot of guys here who would also love a native FSX C1A as much as I would. Beautiful work.

Richard
    My C1A has been converted to FSX native by Euroastar350 and is available in the FSX Military Props section.

TG, love what you are doing there my friend. Charge on ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I don't know what is left there now. That was their spare parts store to keep the others going.
    I dont think there is anything left there now. That was the spare yard for Hemet Valley Flying Service back in the day. Would love to see any pictures you have.

Thank you Milton! I owe it all to you!

Hey OK

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    My C1A has been converted to FSX native by Euroastar350 and is available in the FSX Military Props section.

TG, love what you are doing there my friend. Charge on ...
    Thank you, just went over and found it. Thank you Euroastar350 too. I didn't realize that with the port over's textures, there is the NAS Alameda C1A COD. I am hoping that the model is the same so I can use those textures. Just downloaded it. Will take a look tomorrow.

Richard

PS Milton, thank you for all YOUR help in the past and the fantastic "7" Grummans.

Looks great TG!

And I'm assuming you'll learn a lot working on the S-2 that will speed up completion of the P2V...

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Looks great TG!

And I'm assuming you'll learn a lot working on the S-2 that will speed up completion of the P2V...
    Oh yes! Ive learned alot doing this conversion and the P2 will be alot better with new techniques Ive picked up

Wrapping up the left side gauge backgrounds. This cockpit is coming together nicely and its a fun learning experience while I still feel like im on the rookie level. I tried adding some glass to the instruments but I think im getting too much reflection on them. Here are some screen grabs

Looking good. im stil lumming and ahign about givning modellin a go.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Pictures of the Stoofs at Fresno in 1984?

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I dont think there is anything left there now. That was the spare yard for Hemet Valley Flying Service back in the day. Would love to see any pictures you have.

Thank you Milton! I owe it all to you!
    If I can find the envelopes of snapshots, I will see if they can be scanned digitally inexpensively and put them in my Photobucket for you to download. When we moved across country so much stuff went into storage. I may find them when we do the long procrastinated downsizing of the storage shed. I would like to have them that way myself. I lost a ton of my 1968 and 1970 cruise slides in a flood never to be retrieved. We got over 3 feet of water inside the house in the basement. People were in rowboats and canoes on the flooded streets. Fortunately both of my Cruise Books were upstairs high and dry but so many memories were drowned as well as the entire rec room furniture. Ah well, its only stuff. Boo Hoo. LOL

Richard

Did some more work on the Tracker. Modeled the rudder pedals and circuit breakers and added a few more things.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post

Now that's my kind of boat there, TG; great job bringing this to life.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic!

+1

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 2