The Mallard is here, The Mallard is here!!
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Mallard is here, The Mallard is here!!

The Mallard is here, The Mallard is here!!

Courtesy of the LDR Group, an FSX Native, highly detailed Grumman Mallard has been uploaded to the SOH "Warbirds Library". . .just in time for Christmas. They have done a really outstanding job of bringing Milton's Mallard into the world of FSX in a big way. Merry Christmas!!

Gorgeous!!

Gets a well deserved stickie.

Download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...20664&catid=33
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Here are a few more. . .One of the Amazing VC and the equally amazing cabin area. Feast your eye!!

This little beasty is SWEET

Merry Christmas LDR Group Nicely Done

Very nice! Thanks LDR Team and Merry Christmas!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, all! Thank you! Merry Christmas to you!

Don

Very impressive . Nice surprise on this Christmas Eve . Getting ready to load her up and fly along the California coast
    and see if I can spot the red suit and sleigh . Happy holidays everyone

Rich

I'll second that!

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Very nice! Thanks LDR Team and Merry Christmas!!!
    Great timing with a work of art...thank you LDR

Fantastic job. Just wonderful. Filled with detail and she's a beauty to flly.

Thank you so much for the XMas gift.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thank you for this beauty! Merry Christmas to all....

I really love the sounds, too. The props really scream on takeoff. Beautiful music!....
    -Mark

Looks and sounds great!

I did notice that according to FSX, the default fuel and pax load results in the aircraft being nearly 19,620(!) pounds overweight. One really needs to lighten the cargo and fuel load to fly this one within limits! Looks like I'll be sticking to local flights only!

Again, looks and sounds fantastic, and I'm sure it'll get plenty of use.

Yep seems she has too many fuel tamks. Max wait is less than 14000 lbs according to specs
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

FOLKS, READ THE MANUAL! Those are part of the "bilge System" and not fuel tanks. both "center and Aux" tanks (4 I believe) are used solely to simulate water taken in while sitting on the water. The Bilge pop-up will empty those and relieve the excess weight.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    FOLKS, READ THE MANUAL! Those are part of the "bilge System" and not fuel tanks. both "center and Aux" tanks (4 I believe) are used solely to simulate water taken in while sitting on the water. The Bilge pop-up will empty those and relieve the excess weight.
    ****? OK, that's just crazy talk! Thanks for the heads up.

Be aware too that it appears that Doug Dawson's fuel dump gauge (which we are using to control the bilge pumps) needs to initialize on the first ever load of the aircraft so the bilge tanks will be full. On all subsequent loads our code works correctly whereby the tanks are emptied on aircraft load and will only take on water if you are floating.

As per the real aircraft the float tanks can only be used for ferry flights with no passengers. You will need to manually empty the float tanks (using the fuel and payload manager window) if you have passengers to get below max. take-off weight. We couldn't set the float tank volume in the aircraft.cfg file to zero otherwise you wouldn't be able to add/subtract fuel in the fuel and payload manager. If you are happy to never use the float tanks then by all means change the value in the aircraft.cfg file to zero and you shouldn't be overweight at start-up.
    Larry

My mistake. I presumed that since I hadn't yet tried water operations with the aircraft, I wouldn't have to concern myself with that factor, and it didn't occur to me that water would be reflected in the fuel/payload area. I guess my logic is faulty or something. Reviewing the manual soon. The bilge pump thing is a cool feature!

Anyway...looking forward to seeing some nice repaints for this addon.

Now to review the manual to figure out why one of them is listed as N73LR when the livery shows N2945.

EDIT: Thanks for a more thorough technical explanation, Tako. It provides great insight and is appreciated!

Hmm well that makes the plane more interesting. Must admit that is a suprise, never have thought of it.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Wow, Wow! A great gift! Off to download it!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Wow! Thank you very much LDR team. I count the hours to come back to home for fly the Mallard

wow, that looks brilliant!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Christmas gift indeed! The screenshots look amazing. Downloaded now -- can't wait to fly it this weekend
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

- WOW!!!
    Irvin IntelCore2Duo-E6850 3GHz- eForce8800GTX-768MB-2GBram- FSX-UTCan
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Fonts Folder

This is a real Christmas present. It is just fantastic. The only question I have is item 4 on the installation page. I could not find a 'Fonts' folder.

The plane appears to have loaded correctly. I haven't tried to fly it yet. Still reading the manual...grin.

Thanks for a great plane.

Tom Hibben

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    This is a real Christmas present. It is just fantastic. The only question I have is item 4 on the installation page. I could not find a 'Fonts' folder.
    OOOPS! That instruction may have been left in when the manual was copied from the Ryan Navion version. The Mallard doesn't have a 'Fonts' folder so ignore that step.

The plane appears to have loaded correctly. I haven't tried to fly it yet. Still reading the manual...grin.
    Glad to see someone is!

Thanks for a great plane.
    We had fun building it and hope everyone has just as much fun flying it.
    Larry

It's a beaut and I hate to be the dummy on Xmas day but. When it opens I get the big yellow triangle about being overweight and try to alleviate that by pumping the bilges but no lights on any tank. The parking brake is set to system which, I think means off with toe brakes active. Opening the throttle feels like I'm towing another Mallard and I haven't made it airborne yet. Help an old man .

Members who have read this thread: 0