Dino's F35 for P3D is out

Thread: Dino's F35 for P3D is out

Dino's F35 for P3D is out

Hey all didn't see it mentioned here but for those who use P3D then Dino's payware F35 is out at SimMarket

http://secure.simmarket.com/indiafox...kage-p3d.phtml
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Its Great in FSX, the new models looks fantastic.

I´m confused: is this plane tackpack enabled? I´m asking because i don´t see p3d tackpack released. Is there a TP (The core files not the plane) version to p3d?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Icon22

It is Tacpack enabled, but as of today Tacpack is only available for P3Dv2.
    The new F-35 works both in P3dv2.5 and v3... but to have it TP functionalities working in V3 we need to wait for VRS to release it (no change of code from my side needed AFAIK).

...aside, yes, it works also in FSX - but it needs a patch that "dumbs down" the new avionics significantly - so that it is functionally similar to the freeware version.
    Usage in FSX with that patch (included in the .zip) is not the the design intent which leverages both P3Dv AND Tacpack... that is why I have not been advertising it as an "FSX" plane.

...but I agree: the new model looks cool :-)

Alright, so now for the rest of us who have been perfectly content in our perfectly fine & fluid FSX flying, we have the first actual reason to want to move to P3D. This looks like it actually leverages the P3D-specific content to give us something that we don't currently have available to us in FSX.

It looks great Dino. Congrats on the release!

When TacPack becomes available for P3Dv3, I'll be giving the platform (and this release) a much closer look.
    Jim Stewart

Well... I can tell you that once you get used to P3Dv3, going back to FSX (or even v2) is very unlikely.
    To me, the only major annoyance I have is still the wake effect on large ship (I ended up "deleting" the effect)...

There are few things the F-35 does which are not doable in FSX, but still they matter in the MFD:

- The "render to texture" view is used to project/resize TFLIR, DAS and ASR imagery in multiple locations (portal, subportals, halfscreen)...

- The new camera controls and sensor options are used to implement TFLIR and DAS (but control is provided by Tacpack...)

- Air-to-Surface rada simulation (with proper "shadowing") is a P3Dv3 platform feature.

...and then there is the pilot avatar :-)

No disrespect to anybody, but this is an FSX thread and Dino's release is for P3D. There is a separate P3D thread. I find it odd it has become a Sticky here. Just my 2p

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Dino did say above it does work with FSX, but it's "dumbed down" quite a bit system-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    No disrespect to anybody, but this is an FSX thread and Dino's release is for P3D. There is a separate P3D thread. I find it odd it has become a Sticky here. Just my 2p
    The product purchase page lists optional FSX compatibility via patch as well.
    Jim Stewart

Hey Dino, any plans for an upgrade path for those of us who bought your original F-35 package from SimMarket? Just curious.

@DennyA

Sorry, no - albeit the package does reuse some of the assets of the previous version, it is a separate project with a separate budget.

@Airtrooper

As stated previously, the project is indeed designed for P3D. However, due to the numerous requests, I have included in the .zip a "patch" that will remove all the P3D-specific parts (mostly avionics) so that it can run, with limited functionalities, in FSX.
    However I am not advertising it as an FSX project - and FSX "patched" version will not be supported or furthely developed.

NOTAM - There is an identified bug in the F-35 avionics code that prevents guided weapons from working properly. I am working on a fix. For the moment, the only reliable method for air-to-surface ordnance delivery is CCIP with dumb bombs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dino, i bought the plane yesterday. It´s better to wait the fix and install it only one time or install it now and and wait just a quick fix?
    Another question: I have the freeware f35 with many repaints installed in my fsx and p3dv3. Can the freeware plane coexists with this new payware version?

Thanks!

Edit: Just saw the new V301 package. Thanks. But the second question is still valid!
    Edit2: Answering my own question is: NO! Same folder files.
    Last edited by flaviossa; December 6th, 2015 at 09:33.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

@flaviossa
    Right answers to both questions :-)!
    Sorry for not having replied sooner...
    (and hopefully I think you agree that the old model is gone for good).

I have nothing against this AC being advertized in the FSX section, but I find it to be weird that its not in the P3D section as well. After all its mainly a P3D addon?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...295#post995295
    Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    I have nothing against this AC being advertized in the FSX section, but I find it to be weird that its not in the P3D section as well. After all its mainly a P3D addon?
    Its already in the P3D forum.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Members who have read this thread: 0