Alpha CF-105 Arrow goin' X

Thread: Alpha CF-105 Arrow goin' X

Members +
    Blog Entries

Alpha CF-105 Arrow goin' X

Attachment 32248Attachment 32249

Henk's new XML definitions
    Left aileron, left rudder...haw, it works!
    So far, so good. The troublesome animations have fallen in three compiler passes, I've just to sort out some switches, the tyre rotation and the pilot(CtrlW)
    But...I need to pick some brains about the VC panel-see screen cap- all black. It's been so damned long since I've fiddled about with FS9 stuff, I've forgotten the fix for that. While the cockpit is fine as a port-over, FSX native is back to black.
    Ideas? or, what have I forgotten?
    updt...external model sorted excepting brake chute doors and pilots visor- trial and error, but no drag chute in the model, anyways. Might look into a 'chute that could be added in latter. If I can get the black VC panel sorted, it's ready to go. Spec and bump maps...don't have a clue how to make bumpmaps,but any one can assign those with MDLX. Runs like molten butter through a hot lobster
    Last edited by lazarus; December 1st, 2015 at 00:07.

Nice job! About the dreaded black VC planes: You need to make the $VPANEL materials transparent. In MCX, open the internal MDL and go to the the Material Editor. The $VPANEL materials are on top of the list. Then set the following values:

Alpha Test
    Alpha Test Function = Greater
    Alpha Test Level = 0
    Z-Test Alpha = True

Framebuffer Blend
    Destination Blend = InvSrcAlpha
    Source Blend = SrcAlpha

Members +
    Blog Entries
    -Doink!-slaps baldhead- I was looking at that, thinking 'set materiel default transparent?' Of course!. Thanks Henk.

Members +
    Blog Entries

CF-105X Beta

Attachment 32271
    Attachment 32272Attachment 32273Attachment 32274

OK, that was painless. No bumps or specs, but...runs and looks great, soo much better than the Xtreme prototypes offering, though the cockpit in that one isn`t too bad. I bought that one a few years ago- billed as `FSX`, but it`s a port-grumble- alpha`s exterior is far superior.
    Here's the deal. Interior and exterior models in X format. All the textures and file format need modifying, so I've only put the X model files in, you'll have to DL the port-over and set up your folder. I started with Bob Chilco's newest CF-105 port over update, easy to find on Simviation. I think I converted the textures to DXT3 nomips ages ago, and the FS9 textures seem to work fine. The flight model strikes me as severely over-gunned-'prolly shouldn't be busting 90,000ft less than a minute after brakes off, and the AB's stay stuck in- hold down shift F1 to get out of burner. You will also have to generate a new texture for one that has been missing since 2007 in the model. Copy `CPgrey`, and rename
    `Intedge`and add to each of the texture folders. That is the webbing on the pilot, noted that was missing.
    So, it takes a bit of fiddling, the FM and textures need fiddling with, and I`m still messing with a couple minor animations- the pilots visor and brake chute doors, a few knobs.
    I don`t have clue one about bumps or spec maps yet...but I`ll work on that. Hopefully, an X std mdl will spark some interest from the talented painters- I still use paint, for dogs sake! though I am getting used to GIMP for LM`s
    Now...where is that Viggie...and SR-71...hehehe

real life model of the arrow here in torontosorry for the bad photo stitch

Members +
    Blog Entries
    PO'd, never mind.

So, will all of those add on paint schemes for this work with it? That would be great, if they do. Either way, thanks for doing this.

Members who have read this thread: 0