Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer

Thread: Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer

Steve Parsons DX10 Fixer

Just a quick Thank You to Steve...I was thinking how different FSX would be without the Fixer.
    Also want to be appreciative of his ongoing updates and errmmm fixes that keep improving the FSX experience.

as much as third party development has transformed the terrain, the mesh, the environments like lighting, weather, and water..and the aircraft and other vehicles in FSX
    Steve's Fixer has also transformed the DX10 mode and made it all function beyond even the original scope I think.

Now the DX10 Fixer is an essential program for all of us who are running MS FSX
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Now the DX10 Fixer is an essential program for all of us who are running MS FSX
    +1

I recently upgraded my computer, and so did a clean install of Windows and FSX. The first app I added to FSX is the Fixer. Absolutely wonderful app, timely and well thought out updates, and great support. Thanks Steve!!

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I've been messing around with Dx10 preview since 2008, but until Steve Parsons came on the scene it was never satisfactory. Since the "Fixer" Dx10 has been permanently on my FsX.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Could not agree more with the previous posts! Absolutely a required program if you are using DX10. It is also amazing how much you learn about "fsx.cfg" and tweaking your graphics card by following the install manual and tweak guides. Applies to both nvidia and AMD cards. (Now if only we could get FLIR mode, etc., from TacPac while using DX10....)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

The DX10 Fixer has transformed my simulator.
    Thanks Steve!

I have read that DX10 with the fixer running on a fast AMD processor and a high end GForce card will shift some the the work off to the card freeing up the processor a little which improves frame rate somewhat. Can anyone verify that or do you have any thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I have read that DX10 with the fixer running on a fast AMD processor and a high end GForce card will shift some the the work off to the card freeing up the processor a little which improves frame rate somewhat. Can anyone verify that or do you have any thoughts on it.
    I haven't noticed any obvious, pronounced change in frame rates with DX10. But what I've noticed is much smoother operation, as if the sim were operating at a much higher frame rate. And that's what matters, actual smoothness, not just a frame-rate number at the top of the screen. My system is also very stable, with computer crashes being quite rare.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel i7 3770k overclocked to 4.3 GHz
    GTX 670 GPU

Okay, two questions:
    1. Where to get it?
    2. Does it work/is it necessary in FSX Steam? (okay 3 really)

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Okay, two questions:
    1. Where to get it?
    2. Does it work/is it necessary in FSX Steam? (okay 3 really)

Jamie
    More info and purchase here: https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress....w-to-purchase/

And this from the DX10 Fixer manual: "Support for the Steam Edition is provided solely on the basis that it does not differ substantially from SP2. If in future the DX10 shaders are altered it may not be possible for DX10 Scenery Fixer to work with the new shaders."

HTH

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Greg,

thanks and it does help, I'll have a good read and decide from there but from this thread it sounds great.

TTFN
    Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 0