Thank God for Pete Dawson and FSUIPC

Thread: Thank God for Pete Dawson and FSUIPC

Thank God for Pete Dawson and FSUIPC

I have read about issues with certain controllers in P3D v3 but did not expect the issue to be so serious. I realised on my first flight that all my controller's calibration was borked. Re-calibrating with Saitek tools did not affect their response in v3 although they worked fine in FSX and v2.

I then read more carefully some posts here by Stovall and others at the P3D forum and realised that the problem lied with v3, and a good solution was to use FSUIPC for all your axis assignments and calibration. I never owned a registered copy so I went ahaead and got one. I am now a happy camper and enjoy flying in v3. Thank you to Pete for the constant update and support to this great tool!

On the other hand this is imho a major issue that should not have been left past the release from LM. As good as a tool FSUIPC is, one should not be obliged to use external software to get controllers working in a sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I have read about issues with certain controllers in P3D v3 but did not expect the issue to be so serious. I realised on my first flight that all my controller's calibration was borked. Re-calibrating with Saitek tools did not affect their response in v3 although they worked fine in FSX and v2.

I then read more carefully some posts here by Stovall and others at the P3D forum and realised that the problem lied with v3, and a good solution was to use FSUIPC for all your axis assignments and calibration. I never owned a registered copy so I went ahaead and got one. I am now a happy camper and enjoy flying in v3. Thank you to Pete for the constant update and support to this great tool!

On the other hand this is imho a major issue that should not have been left past the release from LM. As good as a tool FSUIPC is, one should not be obliged to use external software to get controllers working in a sim.
    There's a whole world of stuff also open to you now with a registered version of FSUIPC.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Members who have read this thread: 0