Warthog Driver II and TacPack

Thread: Warthog Driver II and TacPack

Warthog Driver II and TacPack

I'm looking to add high quality TakPack enabled aircraft to my fleet and I noticed Warthog Driver II is on sale, and with another 10% off for Black Friday week, it's not a bad price!

I primarily use DX10 in FSX. As TP users know, certain 'experimental' TP features do not operate in DX10 mode. I've noticed in the promo material pics, what appears to be an IR TV image on the panel. Are there weapons features implemented in the Warthog that aren't going to work for me in DX10 mode?

That aside, any general thoughts or remarks on this aircraft? Doesn't seem to be any detailed or unbiased reviews floating around.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I have the A-10, I used it first in FSX but then switched to P3D.
    The Tacpack experimental features, just like with the Superbug, will work only in DX9 mode in FSX.

Considering the aircraft itself (I didn't have enough time to investigate the TacPack features unfortunately...), I believe it's one of the nicest jets in my hangar. The sounds and the graphics are lovely, especially for the virtual cockpit. That VC is also quite functionnal, and most of the switches do work properly. I can't tell you much about the flight model but it's believable at least. I fly the A-10 quite a lot in P3D now, wainting for the TacPack to become available....

I think they did a pretty good job adding Tacpack to it. CCIP bombing , firing rockets and gun are a blast. Speaking for myself, designating for the Laser guided Maverick and bombs is not as easy the way Iris has done the slewing but that may just be me.

Thanks for the replies so far gents! We have still to get the the specific question... did Iris use any 'experimental' features when they reissued the Driver II?

Daube, you wrote 'The Tacpack experimental features, just like with the Superbug, will work only in DX9 mode in FSX.'. That statement is true, but the corollary is that if you don't use these features, you're won't have issues in DX10. Other than the Superbug (which I don't own due to the DX10 limitations), I don't know if any other payware aircraft is currently using them. AFAIK, the M2M Mirage and AS F-14 do not.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Beta tested the Iris and yes everything works as advertised. As mentioned, the targeting pod is not as user friendly as the VRS Super, but you get the hang of it after a few flights. Like the VRS, the Hawg is now not a "jump in and go" regarding making full use of the TacPack features. The AS F-14 TCS is an experimental feature, similar to the FLIR/tgt pod.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 2