Almost finished, couple pointers needed.

Thread: Almost finished, couple pointers needed.

Almost finished, couple pointers needed.

Using the sold nose fix, I have turned the OH B-25D into a gunship for my Wewak missions am ready to release. Only issue is need to drop some weight and make the controls a bit more free.I added too much ammo so cut it down. Plane still does not handle as it should.Im a bit lost as what to adjust in airfile.I upgraded engines to 1700 HP as they historically were.Just need to know how to and what to add to airfile, airfile have is important has has feathering enabled which is one reason I did this overhaul of the overhaul, so can feather props when damaged since likely to need to with low level work.plane works great and is fun to fly, a lot of damage can be done with the new dp have worked up, just need to get some handling issues under control.

In the aircraft.cfg is the [flight_tuning]

Try bumping up the effectiveness ,elevator, aileron and rudder as needed. If you don'te have [flight_tuning] in the aircraft.cfg grab it and the data below [flight_tuning] from one of the stock aircraft.cfg.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Effective?

Since he admits that there is a weight (distribution?) problem, then flight tuning won't fix that. So the fuel tanks, the station loads (ammo) and the engine locations might have to be re-positioned for balance. But since he also says '..make the controls more free..' (it doesn't fly 'right') then I suspect the MOI's may be too high. It's possible to improve how the ac flys by tweaking the air file, but I bet a cfg tweak (or tweaks) would be what is needed. I would look at (airplane geometry) section for correct AREA of all the control surfaces. And I would check if these lines are in (airplane geometry) section (add to end and do SAVE):

positive_g_limit_flaps_up=4.000
    positive_g_limit_flaps_down=2.000
    negative_g_limit_flaps_up=-2.136
    negative_g_limit_flaps_down=-1.500

Chuck B
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Moment of Inertia

Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    ......make the controls more free..' (it doesn't fly 'right') then I suspect the MOI's may be too high....
    Let me add, dasuto247,

watch out for that Moment Of Inertia figure in your airfile, if you intend to use this B-25 gunship also as an AI aircraft.

The heavier MOI entries in the airfile, the least response you will get from your AI patrol, such as no dive bombing, no low level flying, no quick manoeuvring and even ignoring to attack targets.

Je suis all the victims of muslim terrorists!
    Least we forget nor forgive.
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0