Project Cars Lotus DLC.

Thread: Project Cars Lotus DLC.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Project Cars Lotus DLC.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2346...58085228091395

Comes with four cars:

1965 Lotus Type 40 Ford
    The Lotus 40 marked the last attempt of Team Lotus in sports car racing. An improved version of the Lotus 30, the open-top car was designed primarily with competition in the North American Can-Am series in mind.
    Powered by a Ford 351 Ford V8 engine, three Lotus 40 chassis were built, being driven by Lotus drivers Richie Ginther and Jim Clark as well as American racing legend A.J. Foyt.

1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax (F1)
    Designed by Colin Chapman for competition in the 1962 Formula One World Championship season, the Lotus 25 was the first ever race car to use a monocoque chassis, setting a standard that is still used in racing to this very day.
    Powered by a Coventry Climax engine, the car made its debut at the 1962 Dutch Grand Prix and helped Jim Clark to his first Grand Prix win at Spa later that year. The 25 was raced until 1965, winning 14 races and clinching 17 pole positions along the way.

1966 Lotus Type 38 Ford (Indy)
    The Lotus 38 became famous as the first mid-engined car to win the legendary Indianapolis 500. Designed by Colin Chapman and Len Terry, the car was powered by a Ford V8 fuel-injected engine putting out around 500hp.
    Jim Clark took the car to Victory Lane at the 1965 Indianapolis 500, proving the superiority of the mid-engine concept and ending the days of front-engined roadsters in Indycar competition. A total of ten Lotus 38 chassis were built and many of its design elements were carried over to the Lotus 49 Formula One car.

1967 Lotus Type 51 (FF)
    Based on the Lotus 31 Formula Three car, the Lotus 51 Formula Ford became one of the company’s most successful race cars. The 51 offered Lotus’ engineering and racing experience to young drivers looking to make their way up the open-wheel ranks.
    The car became a massive commercial success as a total of 218 chassis were built and gave racers access to a durable and technically-sound race car for a budget price.
    And three tracks:

Rouen les Essarts
    Rouen les Essarts was a legendary motor racing venue near the French city of Rouen that was a fixture on international racing calendars from the 50s to the 70s.
    Using public roads, the circuit was considered to be one of Europe’s finest and most spectacular racing venues back in the day, its 6.5 kilometre layout included challenges like a cobblestone hairpin and several blazingly-fast blind corners with little to no run-off areas, punishing driver mistakes instantly.
    While racing at Rouen was unfortunately stopped a long time ago in real life, Project CARS lets everyone to test their courage by racing on what is one of the most thrilling venues racing has ever produced.

Hockenheim Classic
    While the German Hockenheimring is still a popular venue for touring cars, formula machinery, and more to this very day, the classic Hockenheimring was a vastly different beast to the modern Grand Prix venue.
    The track’s classic layout combined a twisty stadium section called the “Motodrom” with long straights cutting through the German forest. The classic Hockenheim track had a reputation for creating some of the most thrilling slipsteam battles ever seen in racing.
    The combination of two very different track characteristics asks racers to make a major decision: will you go for maximum top speed or sacrifice some of it for more grip in the twisty bits? The right answer to this question is the key to a successful race at the classic Hockenheim track.

Silverstone Classic
    Vastly different to today’s super-modern Grand Prix venue, the classic version of Silverstone takes Project CARS racers back to the days when the British Formula One venue still had much more of its original airfield-track character.
    Back in the day, Silverstone was a blazingly-fast high-speed track, challenging racers with a very fast 4.7 kilometre lap with legendary corners such as Becketts, Abbey, Woodcote and Copse – names that have become synonymous with great racing in the UK and beyond.

Your Project CARS career also gets extended with two exciting invitational events – the Lotus Vintage GT Challenge and the Lotus Vintage Formula Challenge.
    And the Lotus 49C is this month's free car!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Probably the best package of the lot IMHO.
    Really happy with the track choices.
    And I've driven the Lotus 51 FF way back in another life.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks for the tip, Ferry ! Just what the doctor ordered ! Wooow!!!

So, what follows, inevitably, is a bit of Pcars Lotus galore.

Thanks again, Ferry, made my day !

Now bring on the Ferrari's ( fat chance, huh.... )

Cheers,
    Jan

Great shots Jan!

Was hoping early access members like myself would get this DLC for free too, but I think that stopped with the Japanese car pack, so I guess I'll just have to buy the Lotus pack then.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks, Ferry, certainly the best 7 euri's i've spend this year. What a great surprise ! Really gives some immersive 'life action' next to my beloved 1:18 scale models of the 49, 25 and 38 ! Thanks mucho again!

Finally had some time to buy and drive the Lotus pack! Great collection of cars IMHO.

Lotus 51 Formula Ford:

Lotus 25 Formula 1:

Lotus Type 40:

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Ferry ! Just what the doctor ordered ! Wooow!!!

So, what follows, inevitably, is a bit of Pcars Lotus galore.

I don't know this game, but I know Lotus. These screen shots fooled me at first as being real photos. Can you do a replay of the race like Gran Tursimo?

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Sure, you can replay a whole race and save it too. All camera views available including spectacular spectator view. Choose your own or any other car as subject. There's an instant replay option as well that replays the last couple minutes. Play it fast forward or backward, pause. The lot.

Sounds are great too but i miss the Ferrari whine...

Members who have read this thread: 0