Tahoe to Siletz Bay Oregon

Thread: Tahoe to Siletz Bay Oregon

Tahoe to Siletz Bay Oregon

One of those precious days I get to fly all day and nobody home! Decided I would fly from Lake Tahoe to Siletz Bay using my A2A 172. I actually started last night and spent the night in Redding Californina (Krdd).
    Last nights flight was very bumpy as a storm is dropping down out of Alaska...low currently located just off the Oregon coast and slipping south bringing in the cold Artic front behind. Now that I'm getting a good cloud cover I am trying to relearn using my Vor indicator. I had this down a few years back so need to relearn. I do have my GPS activated as well but a lot more exciting using the Vor. Screen shot of me sitting in Medford Oregon (KMFR) taking a rest and getting a bite to eat.

It's a good day to Fly!

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-11-24_11-13-49-980.jpg  
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-4790k cpu 4.00GHz
    8.00 GB 64-bit Operating System
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

a CAP flight to boot!!!

Just being aware of my surrounding Daveroo...haha! Finished the trip and plane is in good condition so I get to fly another day! Going over coast range the clouds got thick but once on the other side it cleared out. I was working on just tracking the Vor's and did alright....didn't go much deeper then that yet (I did screw up once having the "from" selected rather then the "to" on the indicator...lol...my brain going this is not looking right!). Now, where is the fishing poll and the crabbing pot?

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-11-24_12-32-31-71.jpg   2015-11-24_13-8-9-813.jpg   2015-11-24_13-59-24-485.jpg   2015-11-24_14-2-43-862.jpg   2015-11-24_14-5-55-356.jpg  
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Quote Originally Posted by limjack View Post
    One of those precious days I get to fly all day and nobody home! Decided I would fly from Lake Tahoe to Siletz Bay using my A2A 172. I actually started last night and spent the night in Redding Californina (Krdd).
    Last nights flight was very bumpy as a storm is dropping down out of Alaska...low currently located just off the Oregon coast and slipping south bringing in the cold Artic front behind. Now that I'm getting a good cloud cover I am trying to relearn using my Vor indicator. I had this down a few years back so need to relearn. I do have my GPS activated as well but a lot more exciting using the Vor. Screen shot of me sitting in Medford Oregon (KMFR) taking a rest and getting a bite to eat.

It's a good day to Fly!

Jim
    Hey Jim, I've been flying that neck of the woods too over the last few days. Taking my (Alabeo) C195 from Reno to Redding, Eureka, Medford, North Bend, Eugene . . . will continue zig-zagging up to Portland. Encountered heavy cloud on the Redding - Eureka flight (and discovered the next to useless ADF tuner in this model :-(

Good to see you arrived safely!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Hey Jim, I've been flying that neck of the woods too over the last few days. Taking my (Alabeo) C195 from Reno to Redding, Eureka, Medford, North Bend, Eugene . . . will continue zig-zagging up to Portland. Encountered heavy cloud on the Redding - Eureka flight (and discovered the next to useless ADF tuner in this model :-(

Good to see you arrived safely!
    I thought I saw fello outhouse member in Redding . Great area to fly especially with the storm that was over the area. My rout today took me from Redding to Medford ( on thiis particular leg I had heavy cloud cover and really kept an eye out for Mount Shasta. Did not want to become part of its south face....lol). Eugene ,North Bend and up the coast to My final destination. Saved the flight there might continue up the coast line as well.

Will keep and eye out for aircraft

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Ok, this is my 'ride' (thanks to Jankees talent and generosity!)

http://aussiex.org/forum/screenshots...47f4ad-31d.jpg

I'll waggle my wings if I see your Skyhawk, Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Ok, this is my 'ride' (thanks to Jankees talent and generosity!)

http://aussiex.org/forum/screenshots...47f4ad-31d.jpg

I'll waggle my wings if I see your Skyhawk, Jim!
    Beautiful aircraft! You need a heading of Tillimook air Museum to show off your plane.

waggle away

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Members who have read this thread: 0