LHA 5 Freeware

Thread: LHA 5 Freeware

LHA 5 Freeware

It has been awhile since I messed with the now freeware LHA 5 by FS ADDONS. I thought that the ship was driveable but I cannot find the ship in the FSX preview box.
    Was this originally just AI ships and or was a drivable LHA included. Manual only talks about how to drive the AAV7.

Is this just a static model?

Link below was a file I had U/L here that contained the AI's. For now, the previous saved flights of the LHA 5 are now mostly all black. The AI's I did install. Maybe someone has this freeware LHA5
    (Driveable) as all I have is the little AAV7 which I can select to drive. I thought the LHA was a preview item like the AAV7. The manual for the LHA describes how to drive it and also
    has ICAO codes that you select different ship locations. (That part works.)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=18652&catid=114

Members +
    Blog Entries
    On that subject. While I never could get the stern gate to function in the thing, a few years back I did put together all the BGL's into MDL's and place the stern gate. I set up a couple different models- open wet, open dry and closed, with the ship ballasted down appropriately. I did not DL the version here when it came out, and I have no idea if you got the stern gates on. If the curator of the AI version wants that set of model files, just shout, I'll send the files for an update.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

Al`s LHA`s, stern gates installed, various configs- dry well, wet well, open, closed, underweigh. I should look into a lower hull for these things, too. It`s a simple enough hack, and some day, I might install P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

Al`s LHA`s, stern gates installed, various configs- dry well, wet well, open, closed, underweigh. I should look into a lower hull for these things, too. It`s a simple enough hack, and some day, I might install P3D.
    Just trying to figure out where the working files folder goes in FSX. I assume the textures folders go in Boats right? I'll bet those working files are what will fix the black Lha right?

Thanks.

Edit: I am still seeing a black ship

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Unzip,the file goes in simobjects/boats, add the titles in the sim config to your AICarriers config in what ever formations. It's been working fine for years.
    Note: These are AI ships, not drivable ships. don't know why you've lost textures, though. Sorry. Post your AICarriers config for the tarawa's, and the sim config your using,get some eyes on it, lets see if we can find the gritch.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Unzip,the file goes in simobjects/boats, add the titles in the sim config to your AICarriers config in what ever formations. It's been working fine for years.
    Note: These are AI ships, not drivable ships. don't know why you've lost textures, though. Sorry. Post your AICarriers config for the tarawa's, and the sim config your using,get some eyes on it, lets see if we can find the gritch.
    Thanks. My AI carriers setup is still good. What happened a few days ago is my Addon scenery somehow disappeared. I've been rebuilding what I can.
    On one of my saved flights, I will load one of my helos on LHA1 and the ship was all black but the smokestack was still billowing smoke. Wierd to see a black ship with smoke
    and the helo there.

What you sent me I hope will restore that smokestack effect as well.

It looks like the static LHA5 freeware was a AI zip pack and it loaded to the FSAddon folder (or created on) as per instruction.

Okay here is my AI carriers setup
    [formation.8]
    title= USS Tarawa (LHA-1)
    unit.0=LHA_1,0,0

[formation.9]
    title=USS Saipan (LHA-2)
    unit.0=LHA_2, 0,0

[formation.10]
    title=USS Belleau Wood (LHA-3)
    unit.0=LHA_3, 0,0

[formation.11]
    title=USS Nassau (LHA-4)
    unit.0=LHA_4, 0,0

[formation.12]
    title=USS Peleliu (LHA-5)
    unit.0=LHA_5, 0,0

I can see these ships now but no smoke effect. I don't understand why my old saved files on these LHA's will render black ships now.
    New flights the ship are there haze gray and all - no smoke from the stacks.

Theses are the Sim cfg I am now using - what you sent me.

fltsim.0]
    title=USS_LHA_1_Tarawa
    model=
    texture=

[fltsim.1]
    title=USS_LHA_2_Saipan
    model=1
    texture=

[fltsim.2]
    title=USS_LHA_3_Beleau_Wood
    model=2
    texture=

[fltsim.3]
    title=USS_LHA_4_Nassau
    model=3
    texture=

[fltsim.4]
    title=USS_LHA_5_Peleliu
    model=4
    texture=

EDIT:

I figured out the black LHA and no smoke stack smoke; it should be the LHD (Boxer) from Aerosoft. Got my LHA & LHD confused.

LHD 4 Boxer

Okay, I hate it when getting older I get so forgetful. I managed to sort out the LHA - LHD series ships.

The issue I was having with the black LHA was a black LHD, Aerosoft packed that into their Seahawk.
    They had a gui management program where you use placement files for their ships including the boxer.
    When my scenery folder disappeared, I think a lot of continuity did as well.

Long story short, those saved flights of some of my helos were on board Boxer - an Aerosoft product and not the LHA series.
    So when I used the placement manager again and re added the FSX scenery folder, Shazam! Those old saved files no long rendered
    black ships (LHDs).

I feel a little embarrased by it all but I got so complacent with the way FSX scenery files were set up that I didn't remember all that I did before to
    set it up.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    That happens to me sometimes, lately. Don't know if that's age, of mushroom season

LOL. I know THAT feeling. FWIW, I replied to your personal message too, but I see you no longer need me ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    LOL. I know THAT feeling. FWIW, I replied to your personal message too, but I see you no longer need me ;-)
    What I noticed is that the version here http://taskforcefsx.com/11thMEU.html

contains and uninstaller that is called plumb island uninstall - Very wierd.

I'd be curious if you could send me a link to the one you have. I just wanted to compare uninstallers.

THanks

Members who have read this thread: 2