Fw 190d-9 jg 26

Thread: Fw 190d-9 jg 26

Fw 190d-9 jg 26

Another 190' paint :-)

The Classic Hangar FW190s are a very welcome change from flying all the Spitfire and Mustang models. Superb models, with beautiful virtual cockpits and demanding flight models.
    The “Dora” models are my 190 favorites, looking a lot sleeker and more proportionally shaped with their V12 Jumo 213 engines than their radial siblings.

The FW190D models where not used by JG 5 in Norway, but a few arrived to airbases in the south of Norway in May 1945 as Germany surrendered, in the hope of continuing the war from Norway.

One of these was FW 190D-9 “White 1” of 5./JG 26. This aircraft was also equipped with the R4M air to air rocket system. Some confusion about the W.nr, but it is most likely in the 210xxx series which was build by the Focke Wulf factory in Sorau.

Another try with making German world war 2 camouflage…

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Over Lista, flightsimnorway.com scenery

Passing the old light house on the approach to Lista airfield.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Very nice

JensOle , great screens , One thing I really love is the sound set on this and especially the FW-190, absolute brilliant models course add the the real history from this book really add's to the feel , I use another book as well , author Jochen Prien's JG53 ... tho did not operate FW's but the 109 in that era but it adds to the life and times, Its great Mathias hooked into these

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful paint, JensOle. The Dora 9 is my favourite too.

looks great to me!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Beautiful camo repaint, JensOle.

I just love the cockpits in these German aircraft. So purposeful. Classic Hangars does such a nice job. I want their Taifun.

Now if I could just get some facility with the metric altimeter and VSI I'd be all set.

Obie

Thanks! I also find the german cockpit ergonomics much better than the allied aircraft.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks! I also find the german cockpit ergonomics much better than the allied aircraft.
    Not to slag any particular nationality but I find the cockpits in the WWII Brit ships to be the least ergonomic. Those de Havilland compasses look like they could have guided the HMS Bounty.

Kudos to the brave men and women who flew them so effectively.

Obie

I realy need to pick this up, maybe xmas if any specials come out..
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

White 1 has been uploaded, enjoy!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 0