HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched!

Kat... J/S is absolutely Phantastic. loving it.

One point I did notice that detracts a smidge is that the front root of the tail fin and the rectangular antenna fin on the spine of the J fuselage seem to have some minor geometry/shading issues... they appear light when un-lit and dark when lit from certain angles. Just thought Id flag it up in the hope it can be fixed for a future update. Its not a big deal but being a modeller it sticks out like a saw thumb to me.

Matt

I did not see the requirement for an accessory stick on the web page. I assumed it is required to operate this simulation?

d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hi,

I am sorry but I do not know what that is.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

I am sorry but I do not know what that is.

Thank you.

Kat.

a USB joystick (Hotas)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    a USB joystick (Hotas)
    I would not recommend flying it without one.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

How or where do I apply the discount code? Before I click on Paypal's "Pay Now" option, I'd like to ensure I can use it and not pay full price.

I'd like to get the Navy Phantom.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Hi.

Read the email that was sent out to all MV direct customers. If you didn't get the email, please contact Kat at milviz dot com with your proof of purchase and you will be given a code.

Thank you.

Kat.

Kat,

I got my email and my code. However, there isnt a place on your product page to apply the code. So before I hit PAY NOW on Paypal, I'm asking if the code is entered via that page?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Kat,

I got my email and my code. However, there isnt a place on your product page to apply the code. So before I hit PAY NOW on Paypal, I'm asking if the code is entered via that page?

-Jeff
    You add it to your cart and then the cart window will open up with the F-4, a question right below that says "Got a code?" (Click that and enter the code) then choose the check out option or continue shopping option.

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that. I wasn't paying good attention. Thanks for being patient.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

I didn't get an e-mail.

Cees

Converting the RAF/RN paints

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is having problems converting the RAF/RN paints I did for use with the J/S models. Yes it isn't straightforward because all the texture files have new names. If you look at any texture folder in the F-4J folder you see that, for instance F4E_1_ext, is now called F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse. ALL the main external files (F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse to F4E_S_J_12_ext_diffuse) have to be renamed. The same goes for the F-4S folder. The F-4J's delivered to 74 Sqdn. were effectively to F-4S standard so I should put at least these in the F-4S folder then you can get the formation lights (slimes) to show, though the tail one is too far forward for the RAF version afaict. I would rename and retain the -spec file for the later iteration of ZE361 because the radome is certainly much duller in the photos I worked from. Lastly none of my paints need the later RWR box on the fin; I'm going to do a 64 Sqdn (228 OCU) bird in grey with a box, together with some more later camo ones - possibly -if I can get the time.....!

Hope this helps
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi,

To be clear on the discount, it's only for those who bought the F-4E direct from us.

Thank you.

Kat.

Hi,

To be clear on the discount, it's only for those who bought the F-4E direct from us.

Thank you.

Kat.
    That was not clear from the earlier posts.

Cees

looks great. i hope it will be on sale at some point in my lifetime

Hi,

Colin says @Cees: "if you didn't get the email, you are not eligible for the discount. That was clear to everyone who got the mail. You didn't get the mail. Nuff said."

Thank you

Kat

Milviz New F4J_S

My question is will all those most excellent Navy F4 repaints that were done for the F4E series work with this F4J/S series?
    If so, then Woooo Hooooo!!!!!

I know there were a lot of 'em done and offered here using the F4E series and masking them as Navy/Marine version and they really look nice, I just
    would like to see if they will work with this new series.

BTW, was afterburner effect (Flames) incorporated into this F4J/S series; I did not see any flames shooting out the turkey feathers when I went
    max smoke.....

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    My question is will all those most excellent Navy F4 repaints that were done for the F4E series work with this F4J/S series?
    If so, then Woooo Hooooo!!!!!

I know there were a lot of 'em done and offered here using the F4E series and masking them as Navy/Marine version and they really look nice, I just
    would like to see if they will work with this new series.

BTW, was afterburner effect (Flames) incorporated into this F4J/S series; I did not see any flames shooting out the turkey feathers when I went
    max smoke.....
    Yes and no.

Take a look at DaveQ's post above (#37). Each texture file will need to be renamed and you will have to make sure the [fltsim] entries are correct.

Perhaps someone can come up with a batch file that will do the tedious renaming process?? [hint, hint]
    -- WH

max smoke.....
    Be sure you use the ACM to put the afterburner control with your throttle. I didn't see any flames during testing until I changed the entry in the ACM.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi,

As well, please be aware that the S had smokeless engines.

Thank you.

Kat.

Hi,

As well, please be aware that the S had smokeless engines.

Thank you.

Kat.
    I think you must of been reading my mind. But having been assigned to VF-154 during the Viet-Nam campaign, I remember the smoke abatement system incorporated back then.
    Before that, they were notorious for leaving smoke contrails (A dead give away to the enemy ). A subsequent power plant change (PPC) fixed that

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Be sure you use the ACM to put the afterburner control with your throttle. I didn't see any flames during testing until I changed the entry in the ACM.
    Is it here were you make the AB work? What is INS Alignment time?

Edit
    Saw this in the F4J Natops:
    AFC 373 770R1 INCORP OF ENGINE SMOKE ABATEMENT
    Last edited by gray eagle; November 26th, 2015 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is having problems converting the RAF/RN paints I did for use with the J/S models. Yes it isn't straightforward because all the texture files have new names. If you look at any texture folder in the F-4J folder you see that, for instance F4E_1_ext, is now called F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse. ALL the main external files (F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse to F4E_S_J_12_ext_diffuse) have to be renamed. The same goes for the F-4S folder. The F-4J's delivered to 74 Sqdn. were effectively to F-4S standard so I should put at least these in the F-4S folder then you can get the formation lights (slimes) to show, though the tail one is too far forward for the RAF version afaict. I would rename and retain the -spec file for the later iteration of ZE361 because the radome is certainly much duller in the photos I worked from. Lastly none of my paints need the later RWR box on the fin; I'm going to do a 64 Sqdn (228 OCU) bird in grey with a box, together with some more later camo ones - possibly -if I can get the time.....!

Hope this helps
    Just doing a little experimenting and I was able to convert one of the RAF paints to the new "J" model. In order to properly show the RWR unit and tail ailerons (?), there is an additional texture file needed - raf.dds. Otherwise it looks fine without the RWR unit.
    -- WH

What F-4 Model is this

Trying out a marine version of the new F4J series and noticed that
    A. This livery does smoke
    B. What model is the F-4 attached (Picture)
    I circled what I have never seen on a F-4 and am curious what that is all about. I am not familiar with that.

Is it here were you make the AB work? What is INS Alignment time?

Yes. INS alignment time is functional on the E only. The J/S does not have an INS (only a nav computer that uses air data).
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 0