HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched! - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    This is what I've been doing. Need to do a few checks and then will upload.

F-4J Bu. No. 153783 as it was in the late 70's with the old style Bunny. It was later removed and the code VX added to the tail, and the stripes repainted insignia blue and insignia red (from a tail photo GE put me on to). Sold to the RAF in 1984 as an F.3 and issued to No. 74 Squadron at RAF Coltishall. Coded ZE352 (G), it was disposed of in Germany in 1991 but the forward fuselage is said to survive in private hands.

DaveQ

PS I will repaint the tanks and pylons....
    Thanks for this repaint Dave! That scheme is one of my all time favorites for the F-4. I remember buying and building Monogram's 1/48th scale kit of this subject back in 1981.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    The Fighting Shamrocks...

Very nice! I was looking forward to someone doing this scheme as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was hoping you'd do that paint Steve.

The Black bunny paint is superb Dave.

Since installing latest update the front oleo doesn't automatically pump up on cat launches... is there a key stroke or something you need to do to activate it?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I was hoping you'd do that paint Steve.

The Black bunny paint is superb Dave.

Since installing latest update the front oleo doesn't automatically pump up on cat launches... is there a key stroke or something you need to do to activate it?

Matt
    Thanks StormILM and Matt. It should be uploaded some time tomorrow.

Matt, thanks for that heads up re the oleo extension. I haven't installed the update yet, and won't until that is worked out. I don't know of a specific key combo to activate it other than the standard FSX carrier launch sequence. Have you posted in the MV support forum?
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I am experiencing same issue and posted it with Milviz. The oleo strut does not extend like it did before the update.

Also experiencing NGS issues, having to activate it every time after I land.

Thanks StormILM and Matt. It should be uploaded some time tomorrow.

Matt, thanks for that heads up re the oleo extension. I haven't installed the update yet, and won't until that is worked out. I don't know of a specific key combo to activate it other than the standard FSX carrier launch sequence. Have you posted in the MV support forum?

Response

This is the response I got from Milviz:

Using Shift I seems to work in sim , shift spacebar launched , I could not duplicate the error .

I would try a reinstall running as an admin , perhaps some antivirus software ravaged the dll's

Also playing with the .cfg can do that if the J versions parameters get mixed .

Just a messenger on this.......

Just uploaded...

Duckie

My oh my.... you did it again. VMFA Trip Tray (333)

Just uploaded...

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I am experiencing same issue and posted it with Milviz. The oleo strut does not extend like it did before the update.

Also experiencing NGS issues, having to activate it every time after I land.
    I just ran through a test with the current version, the NWG Steering works fine for me. Have you verified that it's assigned in the ACM? Regarding the Nose Strut Extension (Launch Config), I assigned a switch to the Floats Extend & Retract function and it works fine but only on deck with the Catapult armed. Even with this setup, sometimes there is a slight delay in the Nose Strut extending.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I assigned keys to the floats extend/retract and that seemed to work except the bridle is attached until you follow thru with the additional SHIFT + I then the bridle will show.
    How do I assign NWS to the ACM?
    Thanks for the tip, it seems like a left handed way to arm the launch bar but what ever it takes. The previous version, all that floats switch wasn't necessary just a shift + I and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I just ran through a test with the current version, the NWG Steering works fine for me. Have you verified that it's assigned in the ACM? Regarding the Nose Strut Extension (Launch Config), I assigned a switch to the Floats Extend & Retract function and it works fine but only on deck with the Catapult armed. Even with this setup, sometimes there is a slight delay in the Nose Strut extending.

Not sure if this has been discovered or mentioned here but I noticed an issue with a few repaints and original paints on the F-4J/S. The issue is that some paints/repaints external parts when viewed from the VC do not match the external scheme, parts which are mainly visible when viewing the wings, intakes/intake splitters, and nose (the latter when viewing through the windscreen from a higher angle, ie: when making carrier approaches). I've yet to check all of the paints and repaints but the first I noticed this issue on was Dave Q's VX-4 repaint. I figured out how to fix the issue: I went into one of the texture folders (which had a corresponding issue as mentioned above) and made a copy of all the textures listed ending with ext_diffuse.dds and copied those textures to a temporary folder on my desktop. Each of those textures is labeled F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse.dds through F4E_S_J_12_ext_diffuse.dds. From there, I changed the text of each texture excluding the S & J letters and 2 of the Underscore marks. For example: F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse over to F4E_1_ext.dds. After completing the text change of all the textures, I copied them back to the original texture folder. There should be no overwrite prompt. After that, I quick test confirmed that all the parts visible to the VC are now displaying the proper coloration & markings. Below are a couple of screens which show the original problem I encountered with the VX-4 repaint:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I assigned keys to the floats extend/retract and that seemed to work except the bridle is attached until you follow thru with the additional SHIFT + I then the bridle will show.
    How do I assign NWS to the ACM?
    Thanks for the tip, it seems like a left handed way to arm the launch bar but what ever it takes. The previous version, all that floats switch wasn't necessary just a shift + I and that was it.
    I believe the Oleo Extension may be a little quirky sometimes but when activating it, give it a few seconds to respond. I first thought it was broken but it wasn't. Generally on the first Cat Shot it sets up very quickly but of you fly circuits to the boat, Trap then Re-Launch, the Oleo Extension command seems to have a slight delay on all subsequent arming attempts.

Regarding the NWS in the ACM, it's in the Misc tab for all F-4 variants. You'll need to assign the button by the usual method in that manager:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Not sure if this has been discovered or mentioned here but I noticed an issue with a few repaints and original paints on the F-4J/S. The issue is that some paints/repaints external parts when viewed from the VC do not match the external scheme, parts which are mainly visible when viewing the wings, intakes/intake splitters, and nose (the latter when viewing through the windscreen from a higher angle, ie: when making carrier approaches). I've yet to check all of the paints and repaints but the first I noticed this issue on was Dave Q's VX-4 repaint. I figured out how to fix the issue: I went into one of the texture folders (which had a corresponding issue as mentioned above) and made a copy of all the textures listed ending with ext_diffuse.dds and copied those textures to a temporary folder on my desktop. Each of those textures is labeled F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse.dds through F4E_S_J_12_ext_diffuse.dds. From there, I changed the text of each texture excluding the S & J letters and 2 of the Underscore marks. For example: F4E_S_J_1_ext_diffuse over to F4E_1_ext.dds. After completing the text change of all the textures, I copied them back to the original texture folder. There should be no overwrite prompt. After that, I quick test confirmed that all the parts visible to the VC are now displaying the proper coloration & markings. Below are a couple of screens which show the original problem I encountered with the VX-4 repaint:
    Thanks for bringing this up Storm; I had noticed it but I tend to paint more than fly these days so hadn't sought an answer. It explains why the 'texture' file has a set of 'F4E_x_ext' files, and essentially same will apply to all repaints if you want the correct external view from the vc.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi,

For those texture "errors", Colin says your head is outside of the glass and you wouldn't normally be able to see those hence the reason we never bothered.

Thank you

Kat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF-74.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	34256 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF-92.jpg 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	34257

Anyone fancy doing these two?

Dave

Dave, I have the VF-74 finished with the old paint kit. I will put it to the top of the list for conversion.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hello.
    I still hope that Milviz is willing to provide a walkround for the DX11 Lighting (which is affecting the ACM as well).

I have found similar concerns, two or three threads, on the support forum and the only answer they and I received was to get a new GPU.

There's nothing wrong to suggest someone to get a brand new GPU, but when 99% percents of your addons (including the newest tackpacked addons) dont require you to do so, it sounds a bit awkward.

If it is too much of askin, at least show us how to stop the NL service properly so that I can fly the F-4 in daylight. Whenever I stop the NL service, the sim keeps crashing. I once asked this unofficially, but there has been no answer.

Thanks
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

For those texture "errors", Colin says your head is outside of the glass and you wouldn't normally be able to see those hence the reason we never bothered.

Thank you

Kat
    It doesn't really bother me personally but some textures are visible from the default view in certain situations such as if you are pulling G's in a tight turn and the view point shifts (the dynamic or floating view point used to give a sense of motion, I don't know what it is called) upward. This combined with the higher default view point of the J/S has made this come to light where it wasn't apparent in the E.
    As I say, it doesn't bother me but I think this explains why it is now noticeable where before it wasn't at least without track IR

Tom,

After you convert (F4's) what you previously posted, will you make known (some how) that your older F4 uploads are converted and ready to download for the new J/S?
    I have some of your older F-4 you did for the Navy before the F-4J/S models were released and I know these are the ones you want to convert for the new F-4J/S series.
    I guess I am asking what is your plan to let us know that your conversions are available?

Thanks

-Butch

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Dave, I have the VF-74 finished with the old paint kit. I will put it to the top of the list for conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF-92.jpg 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	34257

Anyone fancy doing these two?

Dave
    Dave, VF-92 is on my list but I think Skyhawk18 did it too, but he hasn't released any of his very nice paints and he's kinda dropped of the planet. I know he said he was having software problems at one point.

Anybody heard from skyhawk18 or know what his plans are to release his repaints? He has done a couple I really would like to have and absent his releases, I'll do them myself.
    Duckie

Tom,

After you convert (F4's) what you previously posted, will you make known (some how) that your older F4 uploads are converted and ready to download for the new J/S?
    I have some of your older F-4 you did for the Navy before the F-4J/S models were released and I know these are the ones you want to convert for the new F-4J/S series.
    I guess I am asking what is your plan to let us know that your conversions are available?

Thanks

-Butch
    I agree. Your paints for this great warrior are fantastic! Any chance of maybe just starting a unique thread dedicated to these great paints, perhaps even include the E models, if that's not too offensive to the Marine/Navy types. All that color and creativity put into the real world Navy/Marine birds before the subdued, always made me stop and look in awe, as a kid growing up on various Air Force bases around the world. Thanks again for the great attention to detail.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Im loving them!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VMFA-333.jpg  

Matt and Butch, good idea. I been contacted by Duckie as to which one will be converted so he won't duplicate. I will start a thread just for the conversion starting it with the units that will be converted and posted. Thanks for the interest.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Matt and Butch, good idea. I been contacted by Duckie as to which one will be converted so he won't duplicate. I will start a thread just for the conversion starting it with the units that will be converted and posted. Thanks for the interest.
    Thanks Tom! With the amount of fantastic and high quality paints coming out for F-4E, J, K and S, those guys deserve a nice tabbed location. Much appreciated for your help in making that happen.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks Tom,

This will be a big help having the various F-4 models in separate "Stacks" to eliminate any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Thanks Tom! With the amount of fantastic and high quality paints coming out for F-4E, J, K and S, those guys deserve a nice tabbed location. Much appreciated for your help in making that happen.

Members who have read this thread: 0