HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched!
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched!

HU: Milviz F-4J/S has launched!

Please form a (dis)orderly queue. Check HERE.

Dave
    Last edited by stovall; November 22nd, 2015 at 05:41. Reason: Added Link

Downloading now, thanks for the heads up!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Just made the first trap (glad you didn't watch me). Worth every penny or dime!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Just made the first trap (glad you didn't watch me). Worth every penny or dime!
    And cent ... love to be a backseater in a MP just to see your carrier skills

Shared cockpit is now available in both the S/J and E so you can watch those traps if you like. See the Milviz F-4 general forums for details.
    -JB

Do the paints for the "J" i.e., on the E model that were posted earlier this year here in the SOH Library fit the new "real" J model just released?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi,

95% of those old paints will work but we did make some changes, in particular to the slats/flaps. Those areas might be a problem.

Btw, we added the ability to have the box for the RAF version. That can be added by looking in the aircraft.cfg and changing the line RAF to 1.

Thank you

Kat

Awesome news. I see no reasons not to get the J version. Getting better and really worth of flying.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Only beginning to discover the possibilities of this wonderful plane. Managed to trap her several times (and by now every time), but she's a tricky one! The installer is not really working as it should: It won't install both FSX and Steam simultanously, but that 's perhaps Win 10. Bring on the repaints!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-11-23_14-39-27-201.jpg   2015-11-23_14-37-5-476.jpg  
    Last edited by Cees Donker; November 23rd, 2015 at 08:04.

Cees, that is how the installer is coded. You can only install one platform at a time. It would be incredibly awkward to try to do a multi-platform install at once.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Nice one Cees , I have not had much time for FS in the last week or so but looking forward to plopping this down onto Aerosoft's USS Kitty Hawk and the the Team SDB USS Enterprise , Its really going to rock the boat when SimWorks Studios USS Midway comes out for the MP being a drive-able carrier now that will be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

Btw, we added the ability to have the box for the RAF version. That can be added by looking in the aircraft.cfg and changing the line RAF to 1.

Kat
    Does that apply to the E version as well? I just installed the latest version and did not see the RAF entry for the "J" models.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi,

I am sorry but no. Only on the S.

Thank you.

Kat

I did not hesitate to pickup the J/S kit. I haven't done any significant flying yet. I have quite a bit of NATOPS reading to do. Heck, I am happy just sitting and listening to the engine sounds. Excellent job!

So Kat, now that this is out do you recon the E will be given the ability to do an instrument approach what with it being an all weather aircraft and all.

Hi,

The F-4E Phantom II, circa 1970, had no ILS, so no, we will not be adding this capability to the aircraft. To do so would mean changing the panel layout to something more recent (post Vietnam) and that is not in the cards.

Thank you.

Kat.

They had GCI approach but FSX does not have that. So we have a mach 2 scud runner then.

Hi,

Yes, sadly, FSX/P3D does not allow for GCI/GCA landings.

Thank you.

Kat.

It is unfortunate that you guys have stuck to the 1970 reasoning for no ILS since 80% of those F-4 schemes are 1980's or later.
    The wings didn't have slats in 1970 as yours does, the gun muzzle was not lengthened till later either. These are not minor details unless you allow that it is a post circa 1970 aircraft.
    60 bucks for an aircraft with no radar, no weapons capability, you just fly from point a to b and hope the weather is swell when you get there.

Yes, the slatted E's started with Block 53 onward (Feb 1972) and all the early block F-4E's were retrofitted except for the few flown by the Thunderbirds. The Gun Muzzle change (MIDAS IV Mod) was in Block 48 which appeared in 1971 and again was retrofitted to early block aircraft.

The SEA paints are accurate to this time frame (early 70's up to and past the Vietnam drawdown) but as with most FS Military model aircraft, you're going to see a good share of repaints which represent the late stages of the career of the aircraft. The MSIP/TO changes to the exterior & certainly interior are so constant that it's pretty much impossible to model each and every little detail to accurately match each late repaint.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,

Colin says: "The E we did doesn't have ILS. If you want ILS, get the S. Nuff said."

Thank you

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Cees, that is how the installer is coded. You can only install one platform at a time. It would be incredibly awkward to try to do a multi-platform install at once.
    Well, the installer shows this. Forgot to mention that for FSX boxed it interrrupted the installation, telling it couldn't install or find F4EACM.pdf. No big thing....and after ignoring it installation went further.

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails installer.jpg  
    Last edited by Cees Donker; November 24th, 2015 at 00:40.

Hi Cees , i can see that a rewording of the installer text is warranted , the second selection installs to FSXSE when FSX IS also installed , the pathways are different when that's the case.

Ill see if i can get that done and uploaded today .

Best CJ

No biggie, but can the loadout screen be made bigger? It's so small, I have to stare and focus to read it.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    No biggie, but can the loadout screen be made bigger? It's so small, I have to stare and focus to read it.

Cees
    Easy solution. Edit the panel.cfg [Window00] and change "sizeable=0" to "sizeable=1" That permits the loadout screen to be stretched and readable.

However, I do wish someone would come up with better entries to make it bigger for those of us with high-pixel monitors and failing eyesight.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0