Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

Many thanks for all your efforts Henk on this and the One-Oh-Wonder!! Looking forward to that. It's a wonder Phil hasn't taken you on to update the lot...!

Best regards

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Did a little rework on this one...
    Will be available as usual... Will add rearview mirrors!

G.

These panels look great. Are they available anywhere?

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

A big THANK YOU for this project !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-11-28_21-56-52-359.jpg   2015-11-28_21-58-22-758.jpg   2015-11-28_21-58-32-307.jpg   2015-11-28_22-7-28-13.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Blog Entries

Here is the final copy with mirrors

I only do the artwork... you can place the bezels as you wish... with your own config. file
    Just PM your request and give me an email address...

Here is the final product, with mirrors

G.

Questions

Got a few questions concerning this bird

1. When this plane is dialed in and there you are at you favorite airport, it is already running.
    Would like to modify it so that it is not running yet you can start it with CTRL + E.

2. The AB Boom effect.

I know this may be a sore issue with expat and hschuit however, I would like to know if and how
    the volume on the AB BOOM effect be reduced to about half the volume = a thump of sorts.

Not asking to scrub that effect entirely, just reduce the level of that sound.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Got a few questions concerning this bird

1. When this plane is dialed in and there you are at you favorite airport, it is already running.
    Would like to modify it so that it is not running yet you can start it with CTRL + E.

2. The AB Boom effect.

I know this may be a sore issue with expat and hschuit however, I would like to know if and how
    the volume on the AB BOOM effect be reduced to about half the volume = a thump of sorts.

Not asking to scrub that effect entirely, just reduce the level of that sound.
    1. This depends on your default saved flight, apparently yours is with engine(s) running. If you launch your default flight, then shutdown the engine(s), then saved it, next time your default flight should launch with cold engine(s).

2. The afterburner FX file (fx_ALPHA_F8_AB.fx) calls a stock FSX WAV file from the FSX .\Sound folder:
    [Sound]
    FileName=Exp_Gen02.wav
    MinAttenuationDistance=700.00
    Looping=FALSE

I suppose you could replace Exp_Gen02.wav with another less noisy WAV, there are plenty to choose from in the FSX .\Sound folder. Or, you could make a renamed copy of the WAV file and reduce the volume with a freeware WAV editor like Audacity.

Vf-13 COnverted to FSX Native

Here is VF-13 converted to FSX. I will be converting others. If interested in a copy of this let me know.

Thank you sir for some insight on the AB sound effect. That gives me some ideas to try out.
    Question, Is the file editable (fx_ALPHA_F8_AB.FX)?

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    1. This depends on your default saved flight, apparently yours is with engine(s) running. If you launch your default flight, then shutdown the engine(s), then saved it, next time your default flight should launch with cold engine(s).

2. The afterburner FX file (fx_ALPHA_F8_AB.fx) calls a stock FSX WAV file from the FSX .\Sound folder:
    [Sound]
    FileName=Exp_Gen02.wav
    Looping=FALSE

I suppose you could replace Exp_Gen02.wav with another less noisy WAV, there are plenty to choose from in the FSX .\Sound folder. Or, you could make a renamed copy of the WAV file and reduce the volume with a freeware WAV editor like Audacity.

Here is VF-13 converted to FSX. I will be converting others. If interested in a copy of this let me know.

Nice! I' m interested, also ( if possible ) in USMC paints.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Thank you sir for some insight on the AB sound effect. That gives me some ideas to try out.
    Question, Is the file editable (fx_ALPHA_F8_AB.FX)?
    All *.fx files are editable with Notepad (just like the *.cfg files).

A softer AB Thump for the F8

A softer AB Thump vs Boom.

Thanks Hschuit for all your help and a great job you did reviving the Mig Master for FSX. Truly, a job well done.
    Okay, I think I have altered the volume and intensity of the BOOM to suit my tastes. I did find and edit the AB sound like was previously mentioned ^.
    I found an F100 taking off - uses same J57 engine below this video a description of the video.

A very LOUD departure from this classic F-100. This was part of the Thunder Over MI Airshow. Check out the 'cannon' like sound of the afterburners kicking in about 8 seconds in.

I had this video to use and IMHO, a better example to go by in this regard. I toned it down a little bit to suit my tastes and from what I remember what F-8's sounded like back in '65/67
    when they were launching from the Hancock and Bon Homme Richard in the Tonkin Gulf especially when in a AB takeoff situation.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/8749...p_Gen02_ab.wav

or here

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...44008190397821

If anyone is interested in a modified BOOM sound, I am attaching it here. Just place it in the FSX sound folder. It has been renamed so as to not change the original name of the stock sound.

edit the fx_ALPHA_F8_AB.FX as per below:

[Library Effect]
    Lifetime=5
    Display Name=F-8 AB Effects based on Alpha CF105/F104
    Version=2.00

//Sound=5
    //Sound Param=4
    [Sound]
    FileName=Exp_Gen02_ab.wav >>>>> I made a backup of the original, replace this sound and saved the edit with new name and placed it in the FSX Sound folder.
    Looping=FALSE

[Properties]
    Cockpit=1
    VirtualCockpit=1
    Spot=1
    Tower=1
    Map=1

EDIT: I am in pursuit of a better F-8 sound ( I found one and will test).

Gray Eagle, thanks for the research and the new WAV file, sounds better than the one I used

Sound of F8 crusader

A good airplane, thanks
    For the sound, did you think that the corsair's sound of razbam is near the real sound or not...For the mirage of rollus, the sound is alias to the F18 perhaps is better than the learjet sound, doesn't it?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Gray Eagle, thanks for the research and the new WAV file, sounds better than the one I used
    Glad you like it.

For some crazy reason this texture went black on me, I did a subsequent conversion of VMFA 333 and I test flew it in FSX, I noticed that a number on the right rudder was backwards and
    went looking for the file to fix it after I found it I sent it to the editor, didn't fix it just closed the file. Now both the first and second textures are black.

For some crazy reason this texture went black on me, I did a subsequent conversion of VMFA 333 and I test flew it in FSX, I noticed that a number on the right rudder was backwards and
    went looking for the file to fix it after I found it I sent it to the editor, didn't fix it just closed the file. Now both the first and second textures are black.
    Edit:Changed the model= to another model and it is now visible and not black.

VF-11 Converted

VF-11 Converted to work with the new native F-8 V2.

What do I need to do in order to convert textures for the FSX native version?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

VF-62 Boomerangs

Another one converted for the new Alphasim F-8 Native V2

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    What do I need to do in order to convert textures for the FSX native version?
    You need a program called DXTBMP

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

I have Photoshop, should I convert the textures to DDS?

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I have Photoshop, should I convert the textures to DDS?

If you find a one of Don Bodenstedt F-8'a then you can just use DXTBMP to convert the files from bmp to dds DXT1.
    If you want to paint one from scratch then that is another story.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-f-8-crusader/

Members who have read this thread: 2