Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

Alphasim Crusader goes native FSX

I just uploaded my 2nd FSX native conversion of an old FS2004 plane to the Warbirds Library. I hope this helps to fill the gap till Sylvain's "Cruze" becomes available or if someday a payware developer gets inspired.

This update features:
    - 2 native FSX models: US Navy F-8J / Aeronavale F-8E(FN)
    - New FSX glass textures and generic specular maps for the exterior
    - Updated VC radar scope
    - Removable pilot
    - Missiles can be loaded by entering their FSX Payload weight
    - When the afterburner kicks in: BOOM!
    - New fuel dump switch and wing vents vapour trails fx
    - Extra Kneepad checklist explaining the refueling probe animation etc.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alpha_F8a.jpg   Alpha_F8b.jpg  

Outstanding job on this, guess we are "no longer out of fighters"!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thank you Henk

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Thanks for the work Henk!

There is a very nice conversion mentioned at the Royal French Navy site too. The link goes to Simviation. Has a very different VC.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...age&categoryId=

Cees

A great week for Cold war metal, first your B57 rework, then L'iguane's upgrade of Ito's F86D/J, and now your Crusader.

thanks ian

Awesome-ticity!!!!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Thanks for the work Henk!

There is a very nice conversion mentioned at the Royal French Navy site too. The link goes to Simviation. Has a very different VC.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...age&categoryId=

Cees
    That link is to a model uploaded back in 2008. I think there was a thread here at some point about updating the cockpit a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    That link is to a model uploaded back in 2008. I think there was a thread here at some point about updating the cockpit a year or two ago.
    Sounds like the one created by Roland Laborie. I tried it in FSX but although repacked for FSX it is just a basic port over, not native FSX. One of the issues with that is the canopy glass and the complete lack of any reflectivity/specularity of the exterior in FSX.

Thank Henk. Always liked this one.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Looking forward to this, thank you!

is there any information available to make this compatible with vLSO?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Looking forward to this, thank you!

is there any information available to make this compatible with vLSO?
    What sort of information is needed? I've been messing with vLSO lately with existing, already made compatible, aircraft and it's pretty cool.

Nice work on this Henk. Especially the adding/removing stores based on payload entry. We've certainly come a long ways since FS9.

one of my FAV Military Jets Thank you so much !

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

SOH-CM-2023
    I'll second Cirrus ......

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I just uploaded my 2nd FSX native conversion of an old FS2004 plane to the Warbirds Library. I hope this helps to fill the gap till Sylvain's "Cruze" becomes available or if someday a payware developer gets inspired.

This update features:
    - 2 native FSX models: US Navy F-8J / Aeronavale F-8E(FN)
    - New FSX glass textures and generic specular maps for the exterior
    - Updated VC radar scope
    - Removable pilot
    - Missiles can be loaded by entering their FSX Payload weight
    - When the afterburner kicks in: BOOM!
    - New fuel dump switch and wing vents vapour trails fx
    - Extra Kneepad checklist explaining the refueling probe animation etc.
    Last of the Gunfighters....
    Wasn't expecting anything for Christmas this year, then this pops up....

Thanks so much, as the last time I bothered to do any carrier trapping was with this aircraft in FS2004. Wow, you even got the refueling probe animation to work in FSX Acceleration too!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Charter Member 2015
    GREAT

lTried also in P3D V3 but the model is refused
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Good morning everyone,
    found a sound pack for the Crusader but haven't tried it yet, here is the link:

http://www.fs2000.org/2011/04/17/fsx...rusader-sound/
    Have a good flight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Tried also in P3D V3 but the model is refused
    Works fine for me in P3dV3, although the AB effect needs modding. (usual P3d issue)

Henk, you have done a fine job on the F-8. I like the afterburner noise. In the late 70's/early 80's the RF-8G Crusaders of my squadron (VFP-63) were the only F-8's remaining in the fleet. With the RA-5C Vigilantes being retired we ended up putting photo detachments back aboard the larger CV's which hadn't had Crusaders aboard in years. Flight deck personnel (especially newbies) always got a scare, first time one of the RF-8's went to burner on the cat and all that fuel lit off with a BANG!

Thanks for the work with bringing the old model into the neq simulators! This model was among my favorites in fs9 and it is great to see it again

Dave, any chance with making the Viggen available (I seem to remember you mentioned you have run it through the converter)? That model has been, just like the F-8, greatly missed in Fsx/p3d!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Henk, you have done a fine job on the F-8. I like the afterburner noise. In the late 70's/early 80's the RF-8G Crusaders of my squadron (VFP-63) were the only F-8's remaining in the fleet. With the RA-5C Vigilantes being retired we ended up putting photo detachments back aboard the larger CV's which hadn't had Crusaders aboard in years. Flight deck personnel (especially newbies) always got a scare, first time one of the RF-8's went to burner on the cat and all that fuel lit off with a BANG!
    Glad you are happy with the Sader. I love the old P&W J-57, I had my scary moment as a young lad at the Dutch Air Force annual airshow of 1978. The Danish Air Force did bring one of their last TF-100F's to the show, it was the 1st time I saw a Super Sabre. After the show ended, the Danish wanted to go back home and when the pilot lit the burner I thought the jet was going to explode in front of me. Still remember the older aircraft spotters laughing when they saw my face.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Dave, any chance with making the Viggen available (I seem to remember you mentioned you have run it through the converter)? That model has been, just like the F-8, greatly missed in Fsx/p3d!
    I've still got a bit of tweaking to do as there are some things I'm not happy with. Also, I'd like to wait until we get an official "OK" from Alphasim/Virtavia regarding these type of conversions. I believe Frank has written to Phil, so I'll see what the outcome is.

I put these in the CLP routine immediately! Great flyer! Thanks again Henk!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-11-22_11-24-1-599.jpg   2015-11-22_11-55-11-125.jpg  

Agree with Cees, just trapped her on the Big E and Oriskany and it is all very silky smooth. Couple of nits - one click of the button gives you full flaps rather than incremental settings. Also struggling with finding the texture causing this when adding some of my favorite repaints. They all fit fine except for the view from the VC - think it is a glass texture somewhere but have not tracked it down. Have added the texture.cfg that maps to the main texture folder but that did not solve it.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Tracked it down. Had to remove/disable this texture: F8_CanopyINTERIOR_t.bmp

Members who have read this thread: 1