Revised FM-2 textures

Thread: Revised FM-2 textures

Revised FM-2 textures

Hi All,

After some gentle prodding from Kelti, my ribs hurt. I'll upload a set of revised Eash textures for Allens FM-2 Wildcat and a new one of "Charlie 7"/ "Smokey" flown by Lt. L. J. Carr, one confirmed air to air victory, A Ki-61 Tony, from the Kadashan Bay. I'll include all you see here so it can be modified if you want.

Thanks and have fun,

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM-2 eash 1.jpg   FM-2 carr B.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

*Hands bub aspirins*
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Hi All,

After some gentle prodding from Kelti, my ribs hurt. I'll upload a set of revised Eash textures for Allens FM-2 Wildcat and a new one of "Charlie 7"/ "Smokey" flown by Lt. L. J. Carr, one confirmed air to air victory, A Ki-61 Tony, from the Kadashan Bay. I'll include all you see here so it can be modified if you want.

Thanks and have fun,

Bob
    So was it a drop kick or just a quick jab? They look outstanding Bob.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thanks for the pain killers, Allen. I needed them. I'll leave the "prodding" to your imagination. Let's just say that I didn't think he could reach all the way from Italy. I'll get these uploaded in a day or so.

Thanks,

Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Icon22 Reply...

Bub,

She's a real looker. Thanks for your generosity!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Looking forward to the new skin Bub. Thank you for sharing with us.

msfossey

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Yeah, man!

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Hi All,

After some gentle prodding from Kelti, my ribs hurt. .........

....... !!!!

Thank you, Bub! I'll wear some soft-padded elbow caps next time...........

Je suis all the victims of muslim terrorists!
    Least we forget nor forgive!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Uploaded

Hi All,
    Just uploaded the new textures and extras. Make sure you read the ReadMe. There are extras you may or not want to use. Many thanks to Kelti for providing the files to give this some new life. Also to Allen for the aspirins to relieve the sore ribs caused by Kelti's "prodding". Just kidding Stef.
    Have fun,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM-2 carr.jpg  

Revised FM-2 Wildcat Textures_CVE-76

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi All,

These are textures for Allen's FM-2 Wildcat. The first is a replacement for the original J W Eash textures. The second, is a representation of the FM-2 flown by Lt. Leslie J. Carr of VC-20 off the USS Kadashan Bay, CVE-76. Number 7, or "Charlie 7"/
    "Smokey". And, he had one confirmed air to air victory, a Ki-61 Tony.

After going over some original photographs and profiles I realized I had made some mistakes. This is an attempt to rectify that. I also fixed the colors and added some minor details.

These textures will work with any of Allen's versions you are using. Make sure to read the ReadMe, there are extras included.

Thanks to all and have fun,

Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Revised FM-2 Wildcat Textures_CVE-76
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Wep_US_FM2wdct_drop_gp

This is a new one on me. The previous dp files all use "wep_us_wildcat_drop_gp".

FM-2 Droptanks

Here ya go, Sir.
    Bob

btw: If you want blue tanks, you'll find them in my FAA Wildcat VI.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep! That did the trick Bub. Many thanks. I am enjoying this bird.

W.
    I assumed, we know what that does, that everyone had the tanks. Glad you're having fun with the airplane. The credit goes to Allen. I just painted it.
    Bob

Nicely done Bub, you have an eye for the little details - kudos

Bub....You know what they say; "never assume". In my case, I did have them, I just didn't know I had them. Found them in (FM-2_Wildcat_MahBaby), zip file I had downloaded from Simviation. I should have looked more carefully. And as regards Allen's input on this AC, never fear....I'm a big fan of all of his creations, and more. I haven't forgotten it was reading one of his threads that I realized why the rear mirror bmp addy kept turning my screen dark. Anyway, thanks for all your paints and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

FYI

Something else.....

I found that after firing the first set (2) of rockets, the other two sets would just disappear without firing. Having had a similar problem in the past I looked at this old thread....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...eor-F3-Rockets

Changing this....
    [guns.2]
    gun.0=2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

to read.....
    [guns.2]
    gun.0=6,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

...fixed it so all rockets would fire.

W.
    Which dp are you using? I just went and checked to see and it worked fine in my setup. Could be one of those gremlins from my avatar. Try one of Kelti's from his prop mods for Allen's FM-2. You won't have the gun tubes or the spit pylons. But, it might work better. Let us know how you make out with it.
    Bob

I am using the DP file contained in the (Revised_FM-2_Wildcat_Textures_CVE-76) zip file, but I retain the DP files from the original AC download as well as the DP from Allen's update, (FM-2_Airfile_WIP) file. I just retried both of these earlier DP files and got the same problem as related above.

I'm a tinkerer and constantly making changes to see what affect it will have, so this may be my own fault and since I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of the Gunstations section, it's not likely I'll figure out what is causing this glitch. The change I made in the [guns.2] appears to work, so for now I'll just go with it.

Thanks
    GW

Members who have read this thread: 0