Sad News

Thread: Sad News

Members +

Sad News

The 'oldies' here must remember Roy Chaffin, who via RCS Panels, released an iconic freeware version of a B25-J for all variations of our sim
    I'm sure that there are still many that still fly her. We tend to forget the greats from the past, & focus on the flavour of the month. There are some amazing 'forgotten' developers out there that have made our hobby so exciting.

Roy's input to our hobby has been enormous & his blog has always been of great help.
    Unfortunatly, Roy's health has been steadily deteriorating, &, as a Parkinson's sufferer, he has unable to do much development.
    Typing, for Roy, has become very difficult, but, I'm sure he will enjoy hearing from us.

If you have not yet tried his B25, you are missing something great.
    http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

Icon9 Reply...

Zswobbie,

It's too bad about Roy Chaffin...I know that B-25 very well. Thanks for letting us know, I will try and drop him a line.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

That's a great shame. I only came to the hobby seriously over the last couple of years and have been astonished at the high quality of some of the freeware available, much of it from people who frequent this site.

Roy's B25 is absolutely outstanding, something to be really proud of. I would strongly recommend anyone who has not tried it, to do so.

Cheers

silver

Roy's B-25 series is a mainstay for me in both FS9 and FSX. One of the few freeware planes I fly in "X" but they both get regular air time in both sims. The quality, detail and engineering that he put into the Mitchell models is nothing short of amazing.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Lightbulb

The title of the message made me understand the worst
    Fortunately Roy stays with us despite this very disabling disease
    Indeed his famous B-25 and the development of its panel is a work of art

Roy's B-25J is always on my HD, and regularly in use for low & fast flights. Never eyed the MAAM version because Roy's is so good!

I have both Roy's and MAAM's B-25s. Roy's is my favorite of the two.

Roy's Mitchell is an awesome bird; I'd like to find a PBJ-1 repaint for her!

Alan

I have been flying Roy's B-25J Mitchel for many years in both FS9 as well as FSX, even in multiplayer sessions. Wow those sounds, mind blowing.

Let's fuel up!!

Ready for Take-Off.

I was aware that he was having health issues, but didn't know he has Parkinsons. So sorry to hear.

Only a few months ago I was in contact with him regarding his "Yellow Rose" version. It appeared to be a one-time limited release, but Roy was kind enough to provide it to me.

I hope Roy sees this thread, as I am sure it will bring a smile on his face.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSN B25_5.jpg   FSN B25_16.jpg   FSN B25_2.jpg   Yelllow Rose over Yellow Stone_KWYS_2.jpg  
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Roy's Mitchell is an awesome bird; I'd like to find a PBJ-1 repaint for her!

Alan
    Alan,

As far as I know, the only repaints available for Roy's B-25J are the one's on his website.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I figured as much... no worries! The airplane is still a joy to fly, and even more so... on a rig with a better CPU! LOL

Alan

Members who have read this thread: 0