FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-1 Vega Ventura v1.0

Thread: FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-1 Vega Ventura v1.0

FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-1 Vega Ventura v1.0

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-1 Vega Ventura v1.0

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Rachael Whiteford, and Sounds by Nigel Richards. Pilot figures by Jan Visser. Drop tank gauge by Robert Sanderson.

Pkg incl 2 models (plus specular/no specular options), custom panel and gauge setup, custom sounds, custom FSX Flight Model, and 4-2048 native liveries.

Milton Shupe
    November 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Port Over Lockheed PV-1 Vega Ventura v1.0
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Virtual cockpit glass problem

Hello Mr Shupe. I am really enjoying the new PV-1 Ventura. I have been working on a RCAF repaint but there is a problem with the virtual cockpit glass that I just can't figure out.
    The glass on the left and right of the center windscreens displays like it extends outside the frame ahead of the main glass. As you know the PV-1 has the extra frame on each side.
    When looking through the virtual cockpit the frame and the glass cause a vertical tinted section of glass at each frame.

Is there going to be a fix for this? I would have attached a screenshot but I have to read up on attaching a url to my jpeg image.
    Thank you for any help you can provide as I always enjoy all the hard work you and the other artist put into these projects.
    Thanks again
    Alan Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by alienel View Post
    Hello Mr Shupe. I am really enjoying the new PV-1 Ventura. I have been working on a RCAF repaint but there is a problem with the virtual cockpit glass that I just can't figure out.
    The glass on the left and right of the center windscreens displays like it extends outside the frame ahead of the main glass. As you know the PV-1 has the extra frame on each side.
    When looking through the virtual cockpit the frame and the glass cause a vertical tinted section of glass at each frame.

Is there going to be a fix for this? I would have attached a screenshot but I have to read up on attaching a url to my jpeg image.
    Thank you for any help you can provide as I always enjoy all the hard work you and the other artist put into these projects.
    Thanks again
    Alan Nelson
    Alan,

All teh glass is tinted. What you see is the effect of looking through the windshield and then through the side wing deflector windows.

You can possibly decrease some of the difference by making the glass_t.bmp primary channel lighter.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Side wing deflector windows

Thanks for your quick reply. I did not realize that this model of the Lockheed PV-1 had side wing deflector windows.
    When I described the so called problem I did zoom in from above to look at the glass and it looks exactly as the name implies although I was somewhat skeptical.

In any case I will have to look through some old photos as I had not noticed the deflector windows when researching RCAF paint schemes.
    Thanks for clarifying this for me and for your quick response and suggestions.

When I look at my fathers log books he flew numerous Venturas, Mitchells, and Lancasters from 1949 into the 1950s at Air Armament School in Trenton, Ontario
    My Dad is now 90 years old and when I show him screen shots or videos I make of some of these old aircraft he flew as a young flying officer it really brings him back
    to the early days of flying. He was a test pilot and flew for 28 years with the RCAF finishing up as a Major, flying CF-104s.

I thank you and all the artists who put these great projects together as the work must take some serious time. The way flight sim has evolved it can bring a lot of great pleasure
    to so many people and families.
    Alan Nelson

Members who have read this thread: 0