MAW Sicily 1943 Campaign

Thread: MAW Sicily 1943 Campaign

SOH-CM-2020

MAW Sicily 1943 Campaign

I am thinking of uploading a campaign for the period just after the Allies take Sicily and prepare to invade Italy proper. As the screenie shows, in this case the invasion works as hoped for.

The campaign has been sitting around for a while, since last year in fact. One thing, there is a lack of 1943 aircraft so I would like to include one or two aircraft in the campaign pack. (I am not one of those people who insist on loading up the techtree - that is unnecessary as the aircraft will all still spawn - if the available dates in the xdp allow). I might also include slightly modified configoverrides, etc.

Is there anyone in the MAW team that I should contact to seek permissions about this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sicily Campaign sm.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020

MAW Uploads

Well there have been lots of views but no suggestion that anyone in the MAW team would oppose the inclusion of a couple of 1943 era a/c in a Sicily campaign package? My plan is to use what is already available rather than prevail upon the currently overworked skinners who have lots of important stuff on at the moment.

The campaign needs an early bf110g2 or similar, did Ndicki ever do a MAW skin for such? I see he did some MAW skins for his bf-109g series. The Beurling Vb Spit also has a Med skin.

A later Beaufighter with Med skin would be nice. Very important would be an A36 (early Mustang used in Tunisia intially) flying missions from Sicily. I see that ETO has some Mustang Mk1s (provided courtesy of Sky Unlimited for ETO) which might do the trick but I need to ask around about permissions because from what I can see the agreement is exclusively for ETO.

At the moment my USA pilot in the campaign is flying p40s and p47s but the p40 lacks punch especially on anti_ship missions.

Happy flying,

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    David, if you build it, I will fly it. Oh Yea!!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    The P-51 package by Sky Unlimited is well worth the $20.00 purchase price. Didn't know some are available for the ETO add on . I need to break down and install it along with both PTO installs and with MAW too. Been heavy into Pat's BoB and JF's BoB for the time being and just can't brake away yet.

Members who have read this thread: 0