Eurostar 350s Aero Commander

Thread: Eurostar 350s Aero Commander

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Eurostar 350s Aero Commander

I have just downloaded and installed the Aero Commander into P3D V3 and set up a flight. Very nice aircraft and all the switches and buttons worked as they should. I had to bring up the 2D panel in order to start the engines but that is a minor thing.

What I did notice as that once the engines were started they ran at 1700RPM even with the throttles backed right off.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat, where did you get the airplane? I thought that was the one that was pulled after Milton found some problems with it initially? Or am I thinking of another one Eurostar was working on?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Pat, where did you get the airplane? I thought that was the one that was pulled after Milton found some problems with it initially? Or am I thinking of another one Eurostar was working on?
    He did not pull it much to my dis-satisfaction.

He mistakenly converted the exterior model's interior to the VC interior model. Doing that left out many VC detailed parts and the VC quality suffered as a result.
    Unfortunately, I was not included on any beta tests, if there was one.

Not a happy camper about that release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    He did not pull it much to my dis-satisfaction.

He mistakenly converted the exterior model's interior to the VC interior model. Doing that left out many VC detailed parts and the VC quality suffered as a result.
    Unfortunately, I was not included on any beta tests, if there was one.

Not a happy camper about that release.
    That's too bad Milton. I thought I had it right.

Eurostar350 had the best of intentions but hurried the project I suspect. A beta test comparison would have corrected the issues.

Here are the obvious issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Eurostar350 had the best of intentions but hurried the project I suspect. A beta test comparison would have corrected the issues.
    Here are the obvious issues.
    Just correcting the VC alone would add so much more to the model (aesthetically and the obvious addition of missing parts). Too bad he didn't take the time to correct those.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Ed, I got it from the Warbirds Library as it was a recent release. Going to delete it until it has been properly tested and faults are fixed.

@Milton, where can I get the portover?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Ed, I got it from the Warbirds Library as it was a recent release. Going to delete it until it has been properly tested and faults are fixed.

@Milton, where can I get the portover?
    Here you go Sir; maybe this will hold you until George can get the native version corrected, if he chooses to do so.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Port-Over-zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am attaching the gmax source for only the parts missing from the AC520X native FSX model.

If George would like to merge them into his Interior model, that would complete the VC.

The only animations required is for the cabin table (uses L_gear tag), and to correct the c_wheel animation for the nose gear.

So, whatcha think George? :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for that link Milton.

Cheers
    Pat

Well I installed the aircraft that Milton gave me the link for but unfortunately the problem still exists. This is after start up prior to taxiing out for takeoff and with the throttles at full idle. I have attached a couple of screenshots for your perusal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Commander 2.jpg   Commander 1.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

Pat I vaguely remember something similar with one of that series of airplanes and I can't remember which one. Once the engines cranked they would stay at high RPM for an extended amount of time before finally dropping back to idle. . .after that the problem went away for the remainder of the flight. Does yours at least eventually return to normal idle?

This issue is specific to this aircraft.

When setting up the flight model, I elect an idle speed thinking that is the engine.
    Because this has a geared prop, the idle speed is determined for the prop, not the engine.
    The FM apparently sets the idle appropriately for the prop speed and the gauge reflects the engine speed.

I have looked at and regenerated the FM, but the best I can do is get idle down to 1250.
    I have verified all the engine and prop parameters are correct and this is what I get.

I can share the regenerated FM with you if you like although aside from the idle speed, I like the original FM much better.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    After being out of development for quite sometime due to real life commitments, I am ready to get back into full swing of finishing off some projects. I can honestly say that the AC520 was released a tad bit early without proper testing. My apologies to Uncle Milton on this release. I did offer an update to this model a while back after release, but it never came through. So what I will do is redo the entire aircraft instead of working from the FSX source. This doesn't mean remapping parts or animations, just materials and fixing what was left out. I will keep everyone posted on progress

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    After being out of development for quite sometime due to real life commitments, I am ready to get back into full swing of finishing off some projects. I can honestly say that the AC520 was released a tad bit early without proper testing. My apologies to Uncle Milton on this release. I did offer an update to this model a while back after release, but it never came through. So what I will do is redo the entire aircraft instead of working from the FSX source. This doesn't mean remapping parts or animations, just materials and fixing what was left out. I will keep everyone posted on progress
    That is great to hear; we do look forward to that.

BTW, I found 2 more missing parts; one is the cabin door handle inside, and the other was the center row seat.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awesome news. Aero Commander love never dies around these parts of the internet.

That is indeed awesome news.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    That is indeed awesome news.
    *BUMP* I am curious if this got done George. I see on a German website the FSX Native AC520 (I assume the original release) is up for a freeware award. It was originally touted as a project by Eagle Rotocraft Simulations. I had that corrected to my name with you doing the FSX native conversion. I sure hope it is the corrected version ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0