A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Great job on the AAF armor, came out nicely. Thanks for another USN paint, I have the "Imminent Fury" USN version that came with the original model.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Jafo , you did nice collection of beautiful skins

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I thought of that but they're quite 3 dimensional so a flat-paint representation of it would look like a cardboard cutout....just a little too 'fake'.
    I'll add the 'shapes' to my paint and post a screenshot to see whether people would accept it as a compromise...

Edit....here's what I came up with....down and dirty 'quick fix'....will always look 'OK' in a screenshot that is 2D ...but in the flesh [in game] it'll always be a bit less than ideal.
    I can upload this as a second variation....[when I do the right side too...and adjust a few details].

What a surprise!!! Simply stunning! Thank you Mister Jafo
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    What a surprise!!! Simply stunning! Thank you Mister Jafo
    Hope you like it....
    Here's the finished ver...now uploaded here...
    Corrected the panel shape...added the 'fixings' and relocated the Ejector seat triangles to suit.

Hope you like it....
    Here's the finished ver...now uploaded here...
    Corrected the panel shape...added the 'fixings' and relocated the Ejector seat triangles to suit.

For sure IMO this one is far better than the first version!!! A BIG THANK YOU !

Latest one uploaded...FAB 5963 cn:31400122 Esquadrilha da Fumaca - Academia da Forca Aerea, Pirassununga

This is the current Embraer Super Tucano Demonstrator as seen in Dubai in 2015 - just uploaded here.

I've kept it clean as that's the way it is...

The paintwork was fun as the stripes fade differently front to rear or rear to front....and not a bad look for what is a 'monochrome' colouring.

Edit....still more to come.
    Here's "Santo Domingo de los Tsachilas" just uploaded too. [Ecuador AF].

Last edited by Jafo; November 22nd, 2015 at 18:20.

I quite like that last one.....digi-camo always looks good...

Amazing work you have done here Jafo ! Mike

Happy that people are liking them...

Here's [in theory] the oldest of them, as it is the Pre-Series Demonstrator/Prototype. For the life of me I can't find its 'CN' as I expect it was repainted and sold into service.

Now uploaded here...

Stunning repaints Jafo! All real pieces of art

Huub

Hi to all Conrad's S.Tucano & Jafo's paints fans! May be I'm a little out of topic but I can't figure out how to put any ILS/VOR course in the HSI. Below the HUD there's a control panel but it's impossible to change the course ( at least for me).

Here's another 'what if'....uploaded.
    When I'm not painting these critters I'm an FIA F1 Race Official...so get to see the real thing....even way back when Frank still had legs that worked...

Here's another 'what if'....uploaded.
    When I'm not painting these critters I'm an FIA F1 Race Official...so get to see the real thing....even way back when Frank still had legs that worked...
    That is a long time ago. Those were the years during which the Williams drivers were fighting each other instead of becoming world champion..................

Cheers,
    Huub

This one is a cheat...as the real plane was a Shorts Tucano, not an Embraer, but it's a dash of nostalgia all the same.
    The blackout looks a bit daggy....but that's how it was in the real one......now uploaded here.

The paint was to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain to represent a Spitfire of No.92 Sqdn RAF as flown by Brian Kingcome in 1940.

Edit..... I just found this link.... https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-super-tucano/
    Seems Paul Barry did exactly the same thing.... repainted an Embraer to match the real Shorts.
    I'll have to check it out...see how different they ended up...

OK....done....here's mine....

And here's Paul Barry's. We've obviously worked from the same photos. I know my RGB colours are right...as they're from the code. but I kinda prefer Pauls wing roundels....makes mine look too 'bright'....yet they're from the code too.
    Last edited by Jafo; November 23rd, 2015 at 20:13.

I bet the colour difference is down to the spec norm and alpha...

I'm doing a few vers of 'what-if's for US aircraft variants....
    Here's one [now uploaded] of a USAF South East Asian [SEA] camo style.....Turn up your 'Purple Haze' and head off for Thud Ridge....

Next one will be a VFA-122 ...
    Last edited by Jafo; November 24th, 2015 at 05:37.

Great work on the Afghan A-29, Jafo. I've been following your paint process and noticed the armor missing. In a recent screenshot, I saw you had redone the texture, so I had to go back here to read up.

This is by far the best look. Even only 2D. Well done and thanks.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Since you mentioned the other Shorts Taco paints, some have been done as the regular "black" trainers as well. Nice surprise on the SEA camo.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Since you mentioned the other Shorts Taco paints, some have been done as the regular "black" trainers as well. Nice surprise on the SEA camo.
    Yes, by the time you're looking at the Shorts there's all sorts of different paint choices...but they're all just more 'fakes' like the RAF Spitfire one.

The VA-122 in its early stages [also a what-if, of course]....

Edit....
    I'm doing this ver to again be certain no-one's done it before [like the RAF one]....so I'm imitating a Corsair's paintwork layout.
    Here's it coming along...

Edit again....
    Kinda strange but quirky....

Nearly done.

Last edited by Jafo; November 24th, 2015 at 18:33.

I think I've got it....
    VA-122 USS Lexington .... should be Navy enough...

Mr. Jafo, considering the very high quality of your paints, can I ask you a further painting request ? ( hoping to not bother you off course !)

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Mr. Jafo, considering the very high quality of your paints, can I ask you a further painting request ? ( hoping to not bother you off course !)
    menef....sure....as long as there's reasonable info/photos to help get it done...

menef....sure....as long as there's reasonable info/photos to help get it done...
    Well, along with a brand-new FAB's A29B that we allready have, it should be nice also a dirty and weathered ( possibly with different codes ) Super Tucano like this done :

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dirty.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2