Windows 10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10

SOH-CM-2023
    W10 and FSX seems to work ok except for the menu not working in full screen mode, only windowed mode and the bar showing the loading of scenery,planes etc only shows as a black screen until the sim screen for the simulation appears.

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    ,,WIN 10 still being devloped..While it will be the OS of the future, they still are going thru developments. Like many , I too will wait...Today my Win7 is flawless, I control it ,and it will not control me. No suprises pop up, No one over my shoulder I did Install Win 10 on my FS9 computer..works fine..EXCEPT could not use FS9..rolled back to Win 7?? No Problem...No, No Test Pilot me..will Wait and observe...Let them get their Bugs Out..I have none now..Thnx!
    Agree 110%.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I was satisfied with win10 until a couple of days ago: Without any changes whatever when I turned on the PC it demanded a password. I was lucky enough to have a Hotmail one. I do NOT want a password to boot my PC
    #2 I have gone through the "Share" process several times...Folders say they are shared by "everyone w/full access" . But I still cannot open any of them from my other PC.
    Still looking for solutions. Otherwise it seems like an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    I was satisfied with win10 until a couple of days ago: Without any changes whatever when I turned on the PC it demanded a password. I was lucky enough to have a Hotmail one. I do NOT want a password to boot my PC
    #2 I have gone through the "Share" process several times...Folders say they are shared by "everyone w/full access" . But I still cannot open any of them from my other PC.
    Still looking for solutions. Otherwise it seems like an improvement.

I have not tried this solution about the password problem yet, but will be, later today:

http://www.windows10forums.com/threa...on-win-10.165/

Well this a.m. scunnered with the clunky unfriendly nature of 10, no Save-as, horrible favorites presentation amongst other things, I reverted back to W7 64 in about 10 mins. It all went smoothly and the only items I have that are having issues with are MS own things like the MS mouse now won't wheel scroll in any controllable fashion. It won't allow an update or reinstall of the s/w and won't allow a deletion either. I'm sure I will eventually find a solution to that. Otherwise glad to be back on familiar ground.
    I will concede W10 was faster but that was about it.....
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I'm a happy Windows 10 user. I have not had any problems with FSX since installing it, and the OS does seem to work faster and smoother than Windows 8, IMHO. That being said, big-mike's signature image cracks me up every time I see it
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

I have not tried this solution about the password problem yet, but will be, later today:

http://www.windows10forums.com/threa...on-win-10.165/

Thank you Chief

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    W10 and FSX seems to work ok except for the menu not working in full screen mode, only windowed mode and the bar showing the loading of scenery,planes etc only shows as a black screen until the sim screen for the simulation appears.
    I was having that too, on Win10 Home 64-bit ( ..and then it became completely unusable after the big Win10 version 1511 update a couple of weeks ago) until I went here and here:

http://bullcreekstudio.com/commentar...er-windows-10/

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ndows-10/page2 , which leads you to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

Do this and then restart the PC.

I'm now running FSX Acceleration in fullscreen mode on the middle screen, and with new windows of the VC, showing the right and left side views on the respective side monitors.

Last edited by GunnyG; November 30th, 2015 at 13:13.

Members who have read this thread: 0