Milviz F-15 and P3D v3 :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15 and P3D v3 :)

Milviz F-15 and P3D v3 :)

Hi all,

Motivated by the recent topic in the FSX section about the choice between the new Tornado or the MilViz F-15, I took a bit of time to reinstall my MilViz F-15 in my fresh new P3Dv3.
    For the context, I could never use that plane in FSX Acceleration because it had a very bad FPS hit. Of course, my computer was quite average, so I chose to uninstall it and keep it for when I would get a more decent CPU... (which hasn't happened yet).
    Then, later on, I switched to P3D v2 and tested that plane again, but I was still getting some FPS hit and some crashes to desktop when playing around with the instruments. So I unsintalled it again. Granted, that plane is not supported in P3D, so the crashes to desktop were not really frustrating, to be honest.

Finally, I have reinstalled that plane in P3Dv3. The install program placed the file into the P3Dv2 folder, which is uninstalled from my computer but must have left some stuff in the registry, I guess... Anyways, I moved the various files/folders back into the P3Dv3 folders, then added the dll entry in the DLL.xml, and launched a test flight over OrbX PNW region (far from Seattle, to avoid FPS hit). To my great surprise, the FPS were quite good and stayed around the 40's during all the flight. I didn't get any crash either. The flight was pleasant, and was certainly the longuest I eve made (which means, more than 3 minutes) with that plane since I bought it.

But ok, for the test flight, I didn't load any weapons at all, and I also didn't activate the radar or any weapon system. I keep that for later, and I will write the feedback here. But so far, it appears this plane will keep in my virtual hangar for a while. I hope it will not try to change my mind in future flights

Interesting! I have to reinstall the F-15 in P3D v3 too and see what happens!

Done exactly the same thing with diferent results....unable to start engines. If I do remembre, used to tothat with "Nuclear button". Not working... how to load weapons? going to check for a manual....Suggestions?
    Regards

You have to ensure the DLL.xml receives the correct entry I think.

Code:
      <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>MILVIZPACK</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
      </Launch.Addon>
    Then you must also ensure that the module files are located into the correct folder in P3D v3.

To start the engine, you need first to start the JFS by pulling the yellow lever for a few seconds, then release it.
    Once the JFS is started, you can set all of the generators switches to ON, as well as the master switches which are all in the same place (right panel).
    Then you can click on the start trigger which is on the front of each throttle lever.

PS: to load the weapons, you simply need to use the dedicated 2D panel. SHIFT+4 if I'm not mistaken...

Thanks Daube, ça marche pas...

Read in quick start tht I may use nuclear consent switch

QUICK START:
    1) Press shift 3 to load weapons 2) Flip cover on Nuclear Consent switch 3) Flip switch on Nuclear Consent 4) Wait (do NOTHING) till both engines are at 68% 5) Should the left engine fail to start, please press and hold Ctrl E until it does so

Able to load weapons but those switches you mentioned, generators, master, etc, won't work, same for Nuclear consent...F-15 folder that i saved long ago have two files .key and .lic just like in my F-86. Don´t know were to plce them but Milvix F-86 is just OK, no need to use those files. As for DLL.dll also ok.

Je vous remercie bien pour votre aide

Blog Entries
    The Milviz F-15 uses special dll files that are coded to work around some of FSX's limitations. As I understand it, most of these files do not currently currently play well with PD3 V3. Milviz was one of several companies that started programming around FSX to get around its limitations. Weapons and weapons control were one of the areas where this extra-programming was done. Nose wheel steering is another area.

Since PD3 changed the rules, some of the complex features of these aircraft may not work properly.

Milviz people are working to correct these issues. However, as long as Lockheed Martin keeps moving the goal line, this will always be a catch up process that has to be worked around on going product development.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks, jmig.
    Loose one win another...F-86 from Milviz flying perfectly...

Actually, the F-15 flies quite well in P3D v3.
    It's the weapons which don't work properly, from what I saw. But you can still use the load manager to give your F-15 some "clothes". Better than nothing.

Tried to reinstall several times with and without Migration Tool. Engines have a false start with Ctrl+E. Nuclear Consent Switch does not function. Running W10 64...this F-15 will not fly on this machine...
    Regards

Ah, I haven't tried to use the Nuclear consent button yet, I only do regular engine starts, which work quite well.
    Are you using the same version as me ? My archive name is MILVIZ_F15E_Setup_1_1_SPU.exe.

For Win10 users, try running P3Dv3 in "Win 7 Compatibility Mode..."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Are you using the same version as me ? My archive name is MILVIZ_F15E_Setup_1_1_SPU.exe.
    Hi Daube

Got two files. One "MilViz-F15-E.exe" that in License agreement says Milviz Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle v 1.23112011.001 that I installed first.
    Then another file SP "MilViz-F15-E.exe" (same name) surprisingly with v 1.1.063, wich I install over the first one....not able to find a place to redownload a possible last version fom Milviz

Tried with and without (goes to c:/ then manualy copy to folders) Estonia Migration tool (directly to p3d v3), and Kaspersky on-off. Got files "xxx-xxx-mvisf-15e.key" and "F-15E.lic" together with first F-15 first folder and "F-15E.lic", wich I have no idea where to place . Perhaps this is what I'm doing wrong, since I have both F-15 Folders on an external portable drive. Have to try copying to main HD and see what happens. Will be last attempt, not going to spend more time with this.
    Thanks for your kind help

Ok, where did you buy your F-15 from ?
    I had bought mine from Justflight if I remember correctly. My file is from somewhere in 2012 and says version 1.1.0.74 :/

Ah, one more thing:
    If you bought that F-16 directly from the old Milviz website, then you should have received some time ago some emails from a domain like "sendowl.com", which is the new online shop for MilViz.
    For example, I bought the F-86 and the Stuka directly from the old MilViz webshop, then later on I received two emails from sendowl with a transaction ID and a link to re-download the archive.
    Perhaps you have received something like that too, and you may need to redownload the latest version.

Thanks Daube. Check my F-15 invoice and found out that I bought it from Flight1, Dec 2011. Already asked for a key reactivation (done) and how to use it. Think this is the reason why is not working.

Best regards

Well then, I also got the F-86 and the Stuka from Flight1, which is technically the previous Milviz webstore, kind of.
    And for these two birds, I had received the emails from sendowl (expeditor is "Military Visualizations (noreply@sendowl.com)" ) containing the new links, because the ones from Flight1 are not good anymore.
    I have received these emails beginning of February. I have even created a topic in the FSX section to ask if this was some spam or not:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ls-from-MilViz

Hi, received this mail from Colin Pearson, Milviz Staff

"Hi,

The MV F-15e will not work in P3D v anything as it requires certain code that is not in those.

Neither will it work in FSXSteam.

Sorry. ="

Regards

Blog Entries
    The Iris model works very well in v3.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi, received this mail from Colin Pearson, Milviz Staff

"Hi,

The MV F-15e will not work in P3D v anything as it requires certain code that is not in those.

Neither will it work in FSXSteam.

Sorry. ="

Regards
    Yes, it's their way to say "We do not support the F-15 in Prepar3D. It might work, we don't officially know, and we won't help anybody with that sim".
    They don't want to get officially involved with support efforts for P3D. This is understandable, because if they would say that they support P3D, then they would have to invest a lot of efforts in making corrections to some of their planes, and they probably don't have enough time or ressources for this right now.

In the end, the latest version of the F-15 works in P3Dv3, excepted for the weapons.
    Did you check your emails to see if there was anything from sendowl.com ?

Hi Daube
    emailed Flight1

"Hi

If you may help...
    trying to install Milviz F-15, order number 9xxx on Prepar3d V3. Installed, not able to start engines, start switches don't work . Know that it will fly well. So I'm doing something wrong.
    Just reactivated my key. Have this to files .key and .lic, have no idea what to do with them, but think this is the cause for a malfunction.
    F-15 folders are in na external drive...

Any idea? Thanks"

got this answer

"Hello,
    Is the F-15 compatible with V3?
    Thanks!
    Jeff Smith
    Flight One Software"

and thanked Mr Smith

"
    ???????????????????????????????

thanks a lot...fine answer, loved it"

Now will try to get latest version of F-15 from them. No hope however with this kind of support...
    Regards
    Last edited by UnknownGuest12; November 11th, 2015 at 06:35.

Please understand that you will probably not be able to get the latest version of the F-15 from Flight1. Flight1 is not involved with MilViz anymore.

This is why I was asking you if you ever received any emails from sendowl.com. Not Flight1.
    You should have received some emails from them. As I wrote earlier in this topic, I had also bought my Stuka from Flight1. But then, I received some emails from the new Milviz selling platform, which is sendowl.com, with updated links to download the latest versions of my Milviz planes. And these links were on the sendowl domain, not flight1.

Daube

Thanks a lot ...only tried this because its such a good model. Quitting now...

Ok, let me show you a concrete example with the MilViz Stuka.
    As you can see in the screenshot below, this is the original email from Flight1 about my original purchase, back in 2013. I have masked the sensible information, of course :P
    Anyways, I suppose you have received a similar email, right ?

Then, much later, in February 2015, I received that other email, with a new link.
    I expect you have also received such an email.

As you can see, the expeditor is not the same, and the download link is not pointing to Flight1 either.
    Sorry, i couldn't use the F-15 as an example, because at that time, I got mine from Justflight, so it's not a valid example.
    The Stuka I bought in the same way as you, so it should be a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Daube

Thanks a lot ...only tried this because its such a good model. Quitting now...
    For goodness sake, simply email Colin and ask him for an update: colin at milviz.com
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    For goodness sake, simply email Colin and ask him for an update: colin at milviz.com
    Just did that...no answer til now...
    Thanks to you all for your sugestions

Members who have read this thread: 0