Something I've been meaning to do for a while - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I've been meaning to do for a while

Status Report: Airbase issues seem to have been solved by retaining the "airbase" and "ACC" files in the assets WMSummer and WMWinter folders. Solved my 'full winter desire by deleting the files in WW1Autumn and copying in to the WW1WinterFull folder the files from WOFF\WOFFScenery\Seasons\Winter\WinterFull. Remaining known issues: Trees on airbases just dark intersecting rectangles and the trees on the terrain are always the summer versions.

Very good. To get the winter trees, copy the WOFF\WOFFScenery\Scenery\Winter Full\ScenerySheetWWI.dds to your assets folder, overwriting the one there now. It works just like what you did to change to full winter scenery. Any time you change seasons you have to copy both the season and scenery files for the appropriate season. Trees on airbases are different, and as I don't know which bases it is happening at, I can't say which file you need. I suspect you will need dds files containing "Jbscenery_tree" in the name. Like the ground textures and the other trees, these need to be copied in and out to change the seasonal appearance of the trees.

Illness slowed me down, but I think I'm getting there.

Question though: Why can the base game, Winding Man installs, and WOFF swap out things like the ScenerySheet but it doesn't work when using the WOFF stuff in ETO?

Also, unless I'm missing something, the full winter ScenerySheet from WOFF lacks snow on the rooftops. I'm trying to correct that, but what DDS option should I use to save such a file?

Rooftop snow would be a nice addition, I believe DXT1 with alpha channel should work. 32 bit DDS would be higher quality, but a bit bigger file.

ETO doesn't have a program that swaps out scenery files. CFS3 doesn't have that capability in itself, scenery changing occurs automatically in WOFF because before each time you click fly in WOFF, the WOFF manager swaps in and out scenery and other files to customize the sim for that specific flight. WM Scenery is a way to manually customize the scenery using the same principle. We don't have it for ETO yet, unless you are using WM Scenery to do it. Soon we will have one as James' son sent me something that will work perfectly. Got to push the Me 163 outthedoor first though.

I use the JSGME program to easily swap out specific sets of files for each of my installs. It does have to be done prior to starting the game, but it makes customizing really easy, and prevents ending up with a corrupted base install.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hi,

I think I've asked about this before, but it seems to me that the WOFF winter-full textures don't work properly with ETO 1.50.

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean.

Does anyone know of a fix? I've ensured that all files are copied over and I'm using the winter textures for the airfields from Von Oben's 7 Season Scenery.

It looks like there's a checkerboard effect, about half of the tiles are white while the rest are green.

Anyone have any fixes?

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2016-02-26 23-15-02-53.jpg  
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Hi all,

Please disregard my previous post. Got it fixed.

Turns out I had to delete the WOFF airfield textures.

Thanks,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

I thought I was all set and was putting together a WOFF2ETO for dummies, but then I tried some airfields in Germany and the same issue arose, the textures seem to be missing. The UK and France seem to be OK (not that I've checked each and every one). Have not investigated at all yet.

Correction: Some airfields in said countries seem to lack textures, Gatow & Templehoff in Berlin in particular.

OK, solved that problem and still trying to layout a clear and easy plan for others. Question, do the two BAT files in the 'airbase outlines' folder matter in the context of using OFF scenery in ETO or is it retained strictly for the DDS files?

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Alright, good. For the airbases, I'll need more information. Which install are you working with - ETO 1.5 or something else? Also, which airbases have the issue? All of them or just specific ones? I'm hoping if we can pinpoint all your problems I'll be able to write a script that can automatically gather all the files you need to a single location which will then be managed by a new program written by Mongoose's son Peter. Then getting your full snow or any other season working will be as easy as clicking a button.
    Daniel. have you gone further on this? I note this thread sort of ends in mid air. Was it continued elsewhere?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Really great thread! Hoping y'all'll pick it back up as the end result is bound to be a winner! ----------------------

Terrains files -there are two Terrain folders?

There are two folders : Terrains and Terrains2. in ETO and WOFF.

Do I copy both from WOFF to my ETO?

To date the changes made to my ETO and BOB have made the Scenery so realistic that I want to go for a stroll in the England

countryside or a swim in the English Channel.

The Winter Scenes for me are so real that I just want to go for for another stroll.

Any faults are minor to the workmanship put into the project.

Thank you

Further to my post above to Daniel, I have been looking at the WOFF UE "WOFFScenery" folder which has an ermous amout of sub folders. many seem to involve season changes but also sea variations. Is this operated like the old WMScenery? Can it be transposed?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 0