CT-114 Tutor for FSX...

Thread: CT-114 Tutor for FSX...

CT-114 Tutor for FSX...

I dusted off the files for the upgrade of my FS2004 Tutor to work better in FSX and made some changes to make it look a little nicer. Playing with texturing right now and want to see if I need to add bump mapping or not.

The VC is about 40% done...just decided to play with textures for external to get a break from the inside.

The flight model from FS2004 seems to work but I'll have to see if someone more experienced with flying agree with it or think it needs to be upgraded a little. I am not good with FM's so may have to look for help on that.

For the final textures, I am hoping to get in touch with Shane again as I really liked what he did on the FS2004 version.

Zoren

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2015-10-27 22-56-02-69.jpg   fsx 2015-10-27 23-03-33-52.jpg   fsx 2015-10-27 23-00-27-57.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great news there.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Brilliant news, buddy - looking forward to it.

dl

I hope it is okay to add to this thread...I've been playing with texture mapping to get everything to line up for Shane and others who are a lot better at creating textures than I. Most of the external model is textured except for the main gear and some of the nose gear.

I did some compile tests to see if FSDS model could compile for Prepar3D and it did, so that is pretty cool.

Now to learn how to make the textures shin especially for the Snowbirds paint scheme.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2015-11-15 21-51-25-98.jpg   fsx 2015-11-15 21-55-20-55.jpg   fsx 2015-11-15 21-49-50-00.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coming along quite nicely Zoren. . .thanks for the update!

Zoren, can you please allow for the use of Diffuse alpha channel and specular files as well as bump maps? also enable fresnel ramp? Even if you don't actually use them as part of your development, a placeholder would allow for major 3rd party artistic work to be done with repaints. The biggest mistake with devs in my opinion is that they don't enable all of the features for all of the parts of a model...and that really hampers the repainters ability to n use all of the effects that the fsx/p3d code offers. The tutor will really look nice in its polished and painted aluminum livery!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I am working on the bump map part even though I don't really know how to create them. FSDSXTweak will allow me to add them.

Isn't Alpha just part of the bmp files or is that added at the modelling level?

The Spec one I'll look into.

The Fensal one is new to me. Can FSDS do that? I'll look it up.

Thanks for the ideas as I want to get the most I can out of this one.

If anyone is interested in helping, I can always add people to the team. Really need a Flight Model expert. The FS2004 FM was tested/approved by a Standards Pilot for the Snowbirds at the time but I would like to make sure we get the same or better for FSX/Prepar3D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know about FSDS. However, the model sets the attributes to use. Alpha/specular/fresnel. There should be some option similar to "blend environment by inverse diffuse alpha" that will enable the alpha channel. then you just need to set the texture nomenclature of the textures that will control the specular and the fresnel. Generally just one fresnel texture for say the glass, and one for.the rest of the model. each specular texture will have a diffuse counterpart. so if you had only one diffuse texture. you would have one specular. something like this:

snowbird_1.dds & snowbird_1_spec.dds
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Great to hear, would love to see this put together for FSX

Another update for those that are following this...lots to learn for the XML coding as I am attempting the transfer of 2D gauges into the 3D world. I will still have a 2D panel/gauges as the person who worked on them did an excellent job. As soon as I get the remaining few gauges coded, I hope to send them to him to work on the textures to match the quality done on the 2D stuff.

External is coming along nicely...just a few more to map and texture. Then I'll work on the spec/alpha/etc...and ship those to my other friend.

Here's some shots of what I have coded so far...Smoke On/Off switch is working along with the Landing/Taxi Light switch. Warning panel lights up when it is supposed to and all the gauges are coded as well. Need to add the glass but that will be later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2015-12-14 22-57-54-29.jpg   fsx 2015-12-14 22-57-47-32.jpg   fsx 2015-12-14 22-56-03-79.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the update. It looks to be coming along nicely.

Good to hear, this may be the impetus I need to re-install.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hey just wondering if there any updates in the jet

Members who have read this thread: 1